test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 1/30 6 AM PST (Pacific)- Completed!

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey adventurers!

We'll be performing server maintenance tomorrow at 6:00 AM PST, 1 hour earlier than the normal time. The expected downtime is about 2.5 hours, but this time could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

There are no patch notes for this maintenance.

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1: (6:00 AM PST) Maintenance has begun. Estimated downtime is still 2.5 hrs, but we'll keep everyone posted if anything changes.
Update 2: (6:50 AM PST) Maintenance is progressing as planned. We'll let you know if anything changes.
Update 3: (7:40 AM PST) Maintenance is ongoing, we will hopefully be back up and running very soon. Thanks for your patience.
Update 4: (8:06 AM PST) Maintenance is still progressing as planned. Shouldn't be too much longer. We'll let everyone know if anything changes. Thanks!
Update 5: (8: 16 AM PST) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited January 2014
    -1...Thought the maint was last night from 6:00-8:30PM, I'm central so thought, hmm kinda tired thats like 10pm here ill just hit the sack early. Wake up, and it was actually AM for today. Derp -.-''
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    -1...Thought the maint was last night from 6:00-8:30PM, I'm central so thought, hmm kinda tired thats like 10pm here ill just hit the sack early. Wake up, and it was actually AM for today. Derp -.-''
    . . . lol, yeah I was a hour off in my time zone coverting too. Thought I had another hour up until about 30 mins till.
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Apologize for the silly question but, No patch notes for this maint. means there are changes just not ones we need to know about or no changes at all?
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited January 2014
    dethsdezyn wrote: »
    Apologize for the silly question but, No patch notes for this maint. means there are changes just not ones we need to know about or no changes at all?

There could be some changes that are too minor to include in patch notes, but this week they are looking into performance issues within the server and what caused the very brief disconnect that occurred a few days ago.
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    There could be some changes that are too minor to include in patch notes, but this week they are looking into performance issues within the server and what caused the very brief disconnect that occurred a few days ago.

Cool thanks!!
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • absolutionessabsolutioness Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Been enjoying the NWN and D&D games for a long time, but as online goes this is my 1st experience with this company and their support. Couldn't find this thread for a bir, but now that I finally did - I'm quite amazed, I see that support is actually on their feet and even replies and updates are somewhat step-by-step for the downtime-maintenance. I know it may not fit into this topic, but so far many thanks from me for staying with the community in touch, we lack that in many mmo games. Wish You many years of success with NW, so I can enjoy the game... (hehe a tad selfishness in the end) :cool:
  • zygarcthulhukinzygarcthulhukin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't be quiet amazed, be loud amazed, let everyone know! :)
  • howitzer001howitzer001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't be quiet amazed, be loud amazed, let everyone know! :)

Good morning! I'm Devil's Advocate here to tell you that not everything is amazing. For example, the Cloak Tower dungeon (the very 1st one that a new player experiences) is bugged using the LFD tool. The only way to complete that dungeon is to zone in as a group from outside. This has been broken since release. I find that things like this and the numerous exploits in the later end-game dungeons is a big concern. I just don't understand why Cryptic doesn't seem to think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.fusion-guild.org
    Sir Howitzer - GF | Howitzer - HR
  • supermofoolsupermofool Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Iam from Holland (Amsterdam) how long is it gonna take that I can play (iam new help!!)
  • fopeanofopeano Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This game is very well supported and has been a great game experience for me.
    edited January 2014
    Funny, I'm a new player and did CT dungeon (only one I've done) using the LFD tool yesterday, and yes I'm sure I did it from LFD and not accepting an invite.
    edited January 2014
    Heh 1 typo and it becomes silly... darn! :D
    edited January 2014
    psssst. It's still wrong :D
    edited January 2014
    Iam from Holland (Amsterdam) how long is it gonna take that I can play (iam new help!!)

Shouldn't take more than 30 mins but that could change should any issues arise
  • dwamurdwamur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It's, what, 5pm in Amsterdam right now? So, figure that you have to make dinner, help the kids with homework, give the wife a foot massage while she sips some wine, watch a chick flick with her -- 5 hours give or take, maybe 10pm, 11pm you'll be able to get some gaming in?

Hey, you know your life better than we do, why are you asking us?
    edited January 2014
    Been enjoying the NWN and D&D games for a long time, but as online goes this is my 1st experience with this company and their support. Couldn't find this thread for a bir, but now that I finally did - I'm quite amazed, I see that support is actually on their feet and even replies and updates are somewhat step-by-step for the downtime-maintenance. I know it may not fit into this topic, but so far many thanks from me for staying with the community in touch, we lack that in many mmo games. Wish You many years of success with NW, so I can enjoy the game... (hehe a tad selfishness in the end) :cool:

Thanks! We do our best to keep the community informed :)
    edited January 2014
    Haha! GDI! I guess all of my attention is on the clock and updates with the anticipation of going back into the game :D
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dwamur wrote: »
    It's, what, 5pm in Amsterdam right now? So, figure that you have to make dinner, help the kids with homework, give the wife a foot massage while she sips some wine, watch a chick flick with her -- 5 hours give or take, maybe 10pm, 11pm you'll be able to get some gaming in?

Cuz he just dropped 20 euros on some weed and does not want to waste the buzz?
  • armouredfuryarmouredfury Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You guys never really listen to what we say and our suggestions and hardly seem to care but one thing i will say is you're always on schedule when it comes to maintenance lol.
  • supermofoolsupermofool Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dwamur wrote: »

Hahah sorry I don't have kids I got my dad :P iam 17 years old I play this game now a few day and now I cant play the patch was normaly 15:00-16:30 its now 17:05 so why can I not play the game And sorry for my bad English I hope you understand it :)
  • blueboxerblueboxer Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2014
    Been enjoying the NWN and D&D games for a long time, but as online goes this is my 1st experience with this company and their support. Couldn't find this thread for a bir, but now that I finally did - I'm quiet amazed, I see that support is actually on their feet and even replies and updates are somewhat step-by-step for the downtime-maintenance. I know it may not fit into this topic, but so far many thanks from me for staying with the community in touch, we lack that in many mmo games. Wish You many years of success with NW, so I can enjoy the game... (hehe a tad selfishness in the end) :cool:
    Yeah, I agree with absolutioness, you guys do a great job communicating with us and it is deeply appreciated. I used to play DDO, and they rarely had notice for downtime, almost never had patch notes until after it was over, and it was a major feat to get patch notes before the end of an update, never-mind the night before like you guys often do. They wouldn't admit to lag or server problems, and insulted our intelligence by claiming a shutdown on a Friday evening was "scheduled maintenance".

Of course I'd prefer a flawless and uninterrupted gaming experience, but your honest, substantive, and frequent communication makes those interruptions and flaws much more bearable. Keep working on the bugs, some are truly horrible and will drive me from the game if not fixed, but this level of engagement definitely buys you some time to work on them.

Thanks, keep up the good work!
    edited January 2014
    Closing the thread. If you have any issues with that appeared after the maintenance please to to the Bug Report forums and start a thread there, or start one in the general discussion.

Thanks everyone!

Dwight
This discussion has been closed.