test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problems with Vengeance's Pursuit

vvcephei767vvcephei767 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I do a lot of testing and editing for the neverwinter wiki (my editor name is izanami8770) and I have come across a pretty significant bug. When I was testing the Whisperknife paragon path, I noticed that the ability Vengeance's Pursuit does NOT break control effects in spite of the tooltip stating it should. I tried both the first and second part of the ability to no avail. An Impossible to Catch-like animation appears (rogue turns glossy black), but this is after the control effect has ended and you are free to activate abilities again. Before I am asked, yes I am aware that just because there are chains over the ability doesn't mean you can't use it. I spammed the ability while locked down with no luck. Thank you for your attention on this matter.

EDIT: I had forgotten to post the other problem with Vengeance's Pursuit: the response time. Sometimes I will attempt to use the dagger portion to no avail. It is possible that this is me not targeting properly, but I am having doubts. The second portion of the ability seems to not respond at times even when I am in range. I will do more testing, but this has been my impression thus far.
Post edited by vvcephei767 on

Comments

• godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
  • vvcephei767vvcephei767 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah yes, the Grasping Roots problem. It ignores CC immunity. I wish we could get a dev answer on these issues. If anyone knows of one, please let us know. Better yet, if a dev would like to address these issues, please do so. I will start looking through the dev posts to see if I can scrounge anything up. Thanks for the response; I'm feeling some solidarity.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't believe this case is specific to grasping roots, but that VP doesn't work as advertised, period.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vvcephei767vvcephei767 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't believe this case is specific to grasping roots, but that VP doesn't work as advertised, period.

Exactly. I was just amused at the Grasping Roots reference, since I have had similar issues with it even when using a power that normally works vs CC (Impossible to Catch).

I also edited this post to reflect the other problem with Vengeance's Pursuit, so let me know if any of you have the same issues.