test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are TR's really getting nerfed?

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
I saw a post on the preview section and it said TR's were going to be nerfed, is this true?

Because if it is it must be a stupidity, they already nerfed them to the ground long ago, they even removed the prone from execution wich leaves us with only weak slows and dazzes.
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    cwforumpostercwforumposter Banned Users Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Impact shot is trash now. It does less damage the less charges you have left. And TRs have a hard time killing anyone with the current state of the new patch on preview.

so.. Yep /:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Impact shot is trash now. It does less damage the less charges you have left. And TRs have a hard time killing anyone with the current state of the new patch on preview.

so.. Yep /:

OMG, all this time trying to get better gear, more than 500k AD wasted for it and now they make it useless, GREAT, gg Cryptic!!!!

EDIT: I even respec my character!

500k*, not 500
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Guys, even with this nerf, Impact Shot is still a viable encounter. I've seen it in Preview and it still hits like a truck. Considering the defensive advantages of this high-burst ranged encounter with instantaneous cast time, the adjustment should not make this any less desirable.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    OMG, all this time trying to get better gear, more than 500 AD wasted for it and now they make it useless, GREAT, gg Cryptic!!!!

EDIT: I even respec my character!

Honestly, it isn't that hard to earn 500 AD in this game. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Honestly, it isn't that hard to earn 500 AD in this game. :)

I have a life, yes?
  • Options
    cwforumpostercwforumposter Banned Users Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Guys, even with this nerf, Impact Shot is still a viable encounter. I've seen it in Preview and it still hits like a truck. Considering the defensive advantages of this high-burst ranged encounter with instantaneous cast time, the adjustment should not make this any less desirable.

I was hit a lot with it on preview and it was a joke. I'm talking about high end players though. If you were trying to kill 8k GS Pugs, it would be viable, like everything else.

I swear us and pugs play 2 entirely different games /:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well, considering it was the devs getting hit with 13-15k GS above, against high end PVP-ers, I'm not exactly sure what's making our experiences different. I just saw what I saw. But you must be a very strong CW.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was hit a lot with it on preview and it was a joke. I'm talking about high end players though. If it was 8k GS Pugs, it would be viable, like everything else.

If it feels like "trash", then that's exactly the amount how it was OP. 4 consecutive ranged shots with 0 cooldown, from a stealth class that hits 8k per pop on crit, easily over 10k with people with good gear. Frankly, it was easy mode, nothing more.

What they did wasn't even a straigh-up nerf. It's basically given a choice to "concentrate attacks with diminishing effects, or, carefully time each shot with that 8 second cooldown to always maximize damage". If anything TRs would actually become more skilled in power management, since they now have a clear reason to manage ammunition carefully, instead of just pop ITC and lob lob lob lob 'o look, dat guy dead'.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a life, yes?

You earn 1000AD by logging into the game and invoking with a level 60 character. You earn 800AD by doing the common mid-level Leadership task "collect taxes" once, which doesn't even require you to log in if you use Gateway.

Maybe 500AD was a typo?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Maybe he's THAT busy with life. Would be understandable. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I have a life, yes?

Err, if you say so.

Maybe he's THAT busy with life. Would be understandable. :)

Well in the time it took brun2000 to make his post he could have just invoked once for 1000 AD...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You earn 1000AD by logging into the game and invoking with a level 60 character. You earn 800AD by doing the common mid-level Leadership task "collect taxes" once, which doesn't even require you to log in if you use Gateway.

Maybe 500AD was a typo?

yes, it was, I corrected it before your post.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Err, if you say so.

Well in the time it took brun2000 to make his post he could have just invoked once for 1000 AD...

FFS, DO YOU EVEN READ THE ORIGINAL POST? I corrected it from 500 to 500k!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    FFS, DO YOU EVEN READ THE ORIGINAL POST? I corrected it from 500 to 500k!!!

Yes I read the ORIGINAL post.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and have read it before posting...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I have a life, yes?

EDIT: Please start reading original posts, it was corrected half a year ago(and yes, I said half a year cuz yolo)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yes I read the ORIGINAL post.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and have read it before posting...

Sure dude, now stop with this conversation and talk about the thread. HF
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I personally hate impact shot. I hate getting hit with it and I hate using it. The skill should be called cheap shot, because it is. I only use it in PVP and only because it is just so **** good.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    So, what's a TR supposed to do now in pvp? Become cannon fodder?
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • Options
    astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    impact shot was a little harsh on my Lil Red, but honestly, the main reason I started using it, is lashing blade which hits just as hard as the 3 shots together, is target bugged. I use lashing blade, 50 50 chance it even lands due to bug. IS, maybe the first misses with this bug, but the second and third will land.

Really, games fubar'd targeting needs fixing more than anything else.

As far as nerfing rogues...... well there is certain rogues that need it - and Cryptic has tried - but never gotten it right (nerfs everyone else, not these) Perma-stealths. Lame to exploit the broken game mechanic with these. Oh how about that - fix the broken things and fixes problems, go figure.
  • Options
    iromizauiromizau Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well onestly I wasted lot of money for my TR full pvp, and I am not talking about 1 or 2m..

This patch will decrease our critical damage so it's kinda sh***y as balance, but they also increased our defense.

I am ready for this nerf. And I bet lot of players will cry because the actual rogue is more easy to defeat.
    signature_2cH4kP.png
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Never used impact shot with my rogue.Still do ok in pvp and he is my lowest geared toon.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They should not nerf impact shot. It hits weak now. Are they trying to force all TRs to be permastealth?
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Well, considering it was the devs getting hit with 13-15k GS above, against high end PVP-ers, I'm not exactly sure what's making our experiences different. I just saw what I saw. But you must be a very strong CW.

The devs have shown that they are clueless they probably didn't even have proper defenses.
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol just deal with it, the main good thing about IS is the range and CC, not so much the damage.

I play a TR as my main and I use impact shot. Honestly, it doesn't really do any damage unless it crits (yeaaaah 1k per charge w/o crit is like a dent to most pvp builds). The stun is good CC. However, I play with 300-400 ping constantly so I can't really chain spam it, and if I get hit with impact I generally get rubberbanded back into it even if I dodge. If you know how to play TR, you shouldn't even be relying on encounters for all your damage. IS' main advantage over other encounters (i.e. potb, lashing) is its range, amount of charges, and CC.
  • Options
    barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Biggest problem in pvp: Immortal Sentinels. Devs Solution? Give everyone more def and nerf rogues (for the third time...) Hahaha I can't stop laughing :D Oh wait it's gettin better cuz now I remember DCs are going to be nerfed too (again) :D:D I just hope they don't forget to buff gwf somehow (feedback: ability to fly^^?)
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    fakatik wrote: »
    So, what's a TR supposed to do now in pvp? Become cannon fodder?

Fetch the mead for GWFs.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starbigamo wrote: »
    Can someone that is playing the beta say to me if DPS GF will be viable again?

NOPE! DPS GF's are still a joke overall, even on preview. This is a thread about TR's though, so I suggest you make a new thread on the subject if need be.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    esteena wrote: »
    Fetch the mead for GWFs.

Mmmmm.... Mead... If Perma Stealth TR's can fetch AND deliver Mead to GWF's on the field during PvP, it's pure win!
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
This discussion has been closed.