test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A GWF with 72% crit chance? Lolwut?

diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
Earlier today, I ran a dungeon with a GWF. He wasn't overgeared, he had like 14k GS, but was top damage. I decided to check his character sheet, and i've seen 72% crit chance. :eek:

I didn't have the presence of mind to take a screenshot, but he's not the first one i can see with a very high crit chance. I've seen 60% ones regularly, and thought it was expected due to feats and stuff, but it's the first time i actually see one above 70%. How is that even possible? How is that supposed to be balanced if such guys can reach 72% in pvp too?

There's something wrong with that class, and now I know why. Are there bugged feats or spells allowing GWFs to have a skyrocketting crit chance?
Post edited by diogene0 on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Earlier today, I ran a dungeon with a GWF. He wasn't overgeared, he had like 14k GS, but was top damage. I decided to check his character sheet, and i've seen 72% crit chance. :eek:

I didn't have the presence of mind to take a screenshot, but he's not the first one i can see with a very high crit chance. I've seen 60% ones regularly, and thought it was expected due to feats and stuff, but it's the first time i actually see one above 70%. How is that even possible? How is that supposed to be balanced if such guys can reach 72% in pvp too?

There's something wrong with that class, and now I know why. Are there bugged feats or spells allowing GWFs to have a skyrocketting crit chance?
    I play a gwf and I have no idea how it could get that high. There are some feats and features that increase crit but not by that much and with the dr on crit it doesn't make sense to me either. If someone can do a legit build to get that high I'd love to see the breakdown.
  • jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep, it's a very high DPS build. Got a GWF with similar stat in our guild who tops DPS constantly.
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am not seeing how you can even reach 60% crit even with TR buff. I must be missing something.

5% Base
    3% Feat
    10% Weapon Master
    9% Dex (unless you go with a lower str stat to boost it more), 11% if race has dex boost.

29% to start at best.

Then add in Crit stat. 3000 would put you around 17% for a total of 46%. Add in TR buff and you are at 51%. You could push that a little higher, but are pushing hard into diminishing returns for crit at that point.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
    edited January 2014
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    I am not seeing how you can even reach 60% crit even with TR buff. I must be missing something.

5% Base
    3% Feat
    10% Weapon Master
    9% Dex (unless you go with a lower str stat to boost it more), 11% if race has dex boost.

29% to start at best.

Then add in Crit stat. 3000 would put you around 17% for a total of 46%. Add in TR buff and you are at 51%. You could push that a little higher, but are pushing hard into diminishing returns for crit at that point.

So thinking about this, lets add in a potion of heroism and a campfire buff. Then I think it's called a wild storm elixer. I'm not sure what those would push it to.

edit*
    Just looked up wild storm it's only 130 crit.
    edited January 2014
    Potion of Heroism and Campfire give another 2%, so there is that. So we are up to 53%. If we push our crit rating to 4K we gain another 2%, and use a stat spread that gives us 16 dex to start, we gain another 3%. So we are at 58% now....
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was just informed my guild GWF is only running 63%. My apologies.
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes dont forget adding pet stats, but I would be very surprised to see a 60%+ crit chance GWF. Im not PVE specced but I can push close to 50% without a TR in some half decent PVE gear, but im already heavy into Dim returns, I dont see how 75% is possible... Maybe you mistook crit chance for crit severity?
    edited January 2014
    How? We just went through it and the highest possible I could come up with is 58%. That number would not be optimal because you would be sacrificing other stats and ability scores to get it.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    edited January 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Yes dont forget adding pet stats, but I would be very surprised to see a 60%+ crit chance GWF. Im not PVE specced but I can push close to 50% without a TR in some half decent PVE gear, but im already heavy into Dim returns, I dont see how 75% is possible... Maybe you mistook crit chance for crit severity?

I forgot about those. How much can you get from companions? I don't PvE, so I haven't paid attention.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    edited January 2014
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    I forgot about those. How much can you get from companions? I don't PvE, so I haven't paid attention.

Just double checked companions only give crit rating or crit severity to you. The ones with a crit % only effect other companions so unless this is transfering thru an ioun stone it doesn't work. If ioun stones are bugged (that would be my take on it) to allow the shepards crit % to effect the toon the bonus is 2%/4%/?/? on the wiki with me guessing 6 and then 8 % at higher tiers.
    edited January 2014
    Interesting. So if it is, it isn't intended then. 8% to our 58% would put us at 66%. So it is feasible if that is the case.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Were there multiple Rogue's in the party? If so does their crit bonus stack, that could give you another chunk.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    andferne3 wrote: »
    Were there multiple Rogue's in the party? If so does their crit bonus stack, that could give you another chunk.

They're not supposed to, which is why multiple TRs with that feat are considered redundant.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "I was just informed my guild GWF is only running 63%. My apologies."

:eek:

god, this world is big
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The guys had like 40% when he stopped fighting. I clearly remember seeing 72% during combat though. So it may be related to bugged feats or spells proccing more than they should.
    edited January 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    The guys had like 40% when he stopped fighting. I clearly remember seeing 72% during combat though. So it may be related to bugged feats or spells proccing more than they should.

Was there an hr in the party? I wonder if it could have something to do with a bug in the forest lord buff in that case.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Multiple trs bonus does not stack, unless they changed it in the patch yesterday and didnt tell anyone.
    a sent/inst hybrid can add 10% more crit chance using sure strike from ca, though i dont think it shows up on char sheet.

Also keep in mind displayed crit on character sheet and actual crit percentages usually do not match up. I run about 40% in char sheet without tr and avg closer to 50-55 ignoring deep gash. (which will skew you crit % even higher as it has 100% crit rate)
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Post Deleted.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't CWs have a feat that buffs team stats?

Found it:
    Prestidigitation 3 You and your allies gain 1/2/3% increased Stat Ratings
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    GWF also get the feat that adds crit per strike, its not additive, it multiplies per stack. Weapon master 1.5% on every crit stacks 3 times +1 time per rank so total of 5 times at max rank.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    math does not hit anyway. the gwf, by itself, does not reach 73%. especially if it is part of 40%.

has some very powerful "bug" skill in some other class and I hope it takes a long time to find out ... hahah
    edited January 2014
    judicas wrote: »
    GWF also get the feat that adds crit per strike, its not additive, it multiplies per stack. Weapon master 1.5% on every crit stacks 3 times +1 time per rank so total of 5 times at max rank.

Already accounted for weapon master and on the character sheet it shows up as 10% (2% per stack). I never parsed it to see if 10% or 7.5% was correct. I went with 10% for this post.
    Mindflayer - Exodus