test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perfect Vorpal doens't work?

ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Hi guys, im new here on forums =), anyway, i bought a perfect vorpal for my trickster rougue and to my surprise, it doesn't seem like it's working as it should? what am i doing wrong? i expected a dramatic difference since it says 50% severity boost.
Post edited by ramenspade on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are you just observing that it doesn't show up in your character sheet? Because it doesn't, but the enchantment works.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No, but i took the liberty of testing out my damage for results. It doesn't seem to be much different than before, can anyone shed some light into this ?
  • millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    My crits also do not hit for substantially more, although they are hitting for a little more. I changed from lifedrinker to perfect vorpal so I expected to see huge numbers. I wonder if there is a stacking issue with the executioner feat (brutal backstabber? the one that adds 25% severity while in stealth). I'm not a theorycrafter or anything so I haven't test it, however crits went from like 1400 to 1600ish just by eyeballing it on regular hits.
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Uhm.. crit severity only effects critical hits.

So if you use LB from stealth without p vorp and get 20k, then with p vorp you should get 30k.

It doesn't effect regular damage. :)
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    How to calculate CRT damage increase:

Normal Hits: 10,000
    75% CRT Severity

CRT Hits: 17,500

/w p.Vorpal
    125% CRT Severity (75%+50%)
    CRT Hits: 22,500

Now lets look at it like this:

Normal Hits: 5000
    75% CS - Gives you 8750
    125% CS - Gives you 11250

Not as noticeable with RNG. The higher your base dmg the more noticeable of addition of P.Vorpals.
  • ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dkcandy wrote: »
    How to calculate CRT damage increase:

Normal Hits: 10,000
    75% CRT Severity

CRT Hits: 17,500

/w p.Vorpal
    125% CRT Severity (75%+50%)
    CRT Hits: 22,500

Now lets look at it like this:

Normal Hits: 5000
    75% CS - Gives you 8750
    125% CS - Gives you 11250

Not as noticeable with RNG. The higher your base dmg the more noticeable of addition of P.Vorpals.
    hmm okay, i guess if you put it that way it makes sense. I've re-assessed it, it has gone up , maybe i just expected a lot out of it since i came from another game with pretty broken damage multiplier.