Install Arc
Options

Why was Split Shot nerfed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Obsidiancran- Yeah, I noticed it this morning still not bad anyway it makes it more realistic (not that I ended up ever just tapping it anyway) because if you barely draw a bow you won't do any damage with it especially firing 5 arrows at once; like shooting 5 wet noodles lol.

Spacejew- I never said they were bad if anything those stack well with split shot and by themselves. The only thing I was saying was that comparing those two was like comparing oranges to a brick; to me at least. Sure they're both orange but similarity ends there.

You mean aimed shot? Dunno bout you, but it is the only real spike damager we have true in a heated battle it isn't as useful but in the sidelines in PVX or where everyone is going after the cleric it helps ward them off or at least consider dodging away to see aimed shot pointing at them from any build obviously in pvp; and I'd be using it more too if it didn't stop on damage.

Split shot is just faster and is easier to eliminate weaker mobs from the elites and rapid shot and aimed shot is better for elites too.

Oh, didn't see aoe in post you mean ES? I use it all the time with my archer and I still top charts at least 2nd or third most of the times when I don't top it at 1st. Because you can alternate split and ES very easily and clear the ground split strike is the cherry on top.

Then again I've never really cared how much damage I do; I know I do good damage because I built him from ground up to be that way; and thats enough for me.(and I'm not glass cannoning)
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    imo split shot works better now, i almost never used it when charged to max, because animation didnt match charge bar.
    I have a feeling now that charging it to max take less time
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Yeah I've had the same feeling that it charges faster probably so that its harder to miss and know when its full with the animation the way it is, and it will encourage not charging it at least half way good idea to me... even at halfway its still wide as hell and does good damage.

I don't see it as a nerf I see it as a correction. (not that I'm saying anyone does)

Because a nerf means making a move or class less useful by changing from high to low damage or making it work less mechanically a good bit like 30-50% or to the extreme of doing nothing to benefit anyone which hasn't been done here.

Honestly I feel they did a much better job on this class mechanically and graphics wise sure, there are bugs but thats a part of developing a game; this class involves a lot.

This will happen almost every time with new every class; but the more they make the more we can play.

It kind of works out to our advantage to start with small bugs and so we notice changes with things that other players miss as we know the move inside and out.