test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Acquiring Guild Ownership

turlamturlam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So, I requested assistance with trying to acquire guild ownership. I recently returned to the game and I am an officer in an Inactive Guild. I would like to gain the ownership of this guild so that I may continue with its planned path. In order to do so, i submitted a ticket and was told to take it to the forums.

Attached is the ticket:
<< image removed >>

So, my question is:

How will I know I am being offered to have ownership? Also, when is this 30day mark?
Post edited by turlam on

Comments

• giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi, you can check the guild roster on the gateway to see how long people have been inactive.

There are 7 ranks in guilds ATM. I think how it works is if all rank 7's have been inactive for 30 days then on the 31st day a Claim Leadership button will appear on the guild page of all rank 6's.

Once one presses that button it disappears for all other Rank 6's

If no rank 6's press the button, then after 30 days the button is transferred to Rank 5's (an assumption)
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    A button will appear in the bottom of the Guild Management window allowing you to take ownership. The 30 day mark is just like the response says- 30 days from when the Guild Leader last logged in. As they explain it the following is an example. If you are the fourth highest ranked guild member, the ownership will be offered to you in 120 days. 30 days X 4 ranks = 120 days. A quick way you can check how long it has been since someone in your guild has logged in is to sign into Sword Coast Adventures and bring up the guild screen there. It will tell you how long it has been since a guild member has logged in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Posting the details of your exchange with service will just get removed.

30 days is from when your guild leader has last logged in. I don't think you can check membership logins in-game anymore, but you can do so on the gateway website.

I don't know how the offer of ownership is made. Maybe somebody else does though.

Edit: Awh, look how helpful.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mod note: the posting of private information/exchanges with support is considered a breach of privacy and is not allowed on the forums per forum rule 3.03:
    Section III - Prohibited Topics/Posts

. . . . Because of the nature of the way certain topics have unfolded in history past as well as the pertinents laid out by the Terms of Service and in-game EULA, there are several types of topics that are not open for discussion on our forums. They are, but not limited to, the following Rules.

Rule 3.03 - No Posting of Personal Conversations or Personal Information
    . . . . Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.

support may have referred you to the forums but you could have asked this question without the preface including your detailed support screenshot. alternately, you can always PM the community moderators if you're not 100% sure on how to present a question on the forums.

ordensmarschall's answer is what you're looking for.

do not reply to this moderation note. instead, send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it.