test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Gear Needed?

latvianpr0latvianpr0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi
I wanted to ask is astral gear essential? I mean is it the best equipment?

I dont really want to grind or spend $ to get astral diamonds, but how will I fare against somebody with astral gear?

Thank You
Post edited by latvianpr0 on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What do you mean by astral gear? Gear bought from the ah? It speeds things up. Gear from the vendors for ad? No those are garbage. You will need ad regularly for everything but potions and injury kits though.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You mean... gear bought from the astral diamond store? It's very very far from the best equipment, just having unique looks for vanity appearance changes.

The best equipment is primarily found from running epic content, and depends on your class and build.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • latvianpr0latvianpr0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yea I mean astral diamond gear.

So will the AD from dailies be sufficient? Or do you have to grind out ad or spend money?
  • andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    So you do not want to grind for the gear, nor do you want to spend money to get gear. But you want to be able to contend with people who have? Am I missing something..?
    edited January 2014
    latvianpr0 wrote: »
    Yea I mean astral diamond gear.
    This still doesn't answer our questions. Do you mean from the vendors in pe that have a diamond above their head or something else?
    So will the AD from dailies be sufficient? Or do you have to grind out ad or spend money?
    Depends on your playstyle and how fast you want to advance, I'd recommend doing dailies etc to make sure you hit refinement cap each day and playing the ah.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you want your top tier gear, then you basically need to run epic dungeons during Dungeon Delves until you collect your full set from the boss chests. I don't know if you consider that too much grinding, but you don't need to buy anything.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • latvianpr0latvianpr0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nahh running delves dungeons is fine I just dont wanna grind the profession on multiple chars to get AD.
    edited January 2014
    latvianpr0 wrote: »
    Nahh running delves dungeons is fine I just dont wanna grind the profession on multiple chars to get AD.

You will need ad however for enchantments etc. Leadership is great for alts you don't really play much to keep getting them ad for things. However I think this thread will help you much more.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?567591-Trace-s-Guide-to-AD-Creation-and-Wealth-Building
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is no gear you MUST buy either from vendors or the AH. This is true regardless of currency you use. The best gear can be obtained as drops and loot from dungeons. Other options are to earn gear via PVP tokens. None of this requires astral diamonds. But can take time and leaves you subject to the whims of pure randomness.

Astral diamonds simply lets you bypass some of that by purchasing gear from other players on the auction house. Sometimes buying the exact item you want, is far less painful then doing dungeon run after run and not getting the lucky drop.
    edited January 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    There is no gear you MUST buy either from vendors or the AH. This is true regardless of currency you use. The best gear can be obtained as drops and loot from dungeons. Other options are to earn gear via PVP tokens. None of this requires astral diamonds. But can take time and leaves you subject to the whims of pure randomness.

Astral diamonds simply lets you bypass some of that by purchasing gear from other players on the auction house. Sometimes buying the exact item you want, is far less painful then doing dungeon run after run and not getting the lucky drop.
    Gear isn't what ad is needed for anyways, it's marks of potency, coal wards, and preservation wards. Those are what makes ad and the ah valuable.