test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon groups

armagawrdarmagawrd Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi everyone.

I'd like to start off by letting you know that i really enjoy playing this game, it looks good, feels good and most of all it is a lot of fun. I have leveled three characters to level 60 now and I'll probably start my fourth in a few minutes..

This brings me to the one and most annoying thing that this game has going for itself (I wont mention any other bugs or issues, because that is not at all the issue here)..

It is virtually impossible, yes impossible. To find a group. You can sit in lfg chat all day and hurt your eyes over reading those darn abbreviations that are being spammed at a rate of 300 lines a minute. Only to find that everybody needs an experienced DC for their dungeon. Well guess what, not everybody is experienced and not everybody is a DC. How about give other people a chance to play too? You can sit and wait in queue all day, just to get queued up with two other people who have already cleared the dungeon with their group before three other guys left realizing they couldnt kill the boss.

You can join a guild with alot of other friendly players who will be very nice to you but will not need you unless you have a gearscore over 13.000. Which you will never be able to get because you cant get into a single dungeon on your own.

Ye, that. Fix it.
Post edited by armagawrd on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    armagawrd wrote: »
    You can join a guild with alot of other friendly players who will be very nice to you but will not need you unless you have a gearscore over 13.000. Which you will never be able to get because you cant get into a single dungeon on your own.

Reading this kind of thing bums me out. There are guilds out there that will run T1s and T2s expressly for purposes of helping their guildmates gear up, whether it's for a new player or an alt. Not necessarily the biggest guilds or the ones that brag of the fastest dungeon completion times, but the ones that say, "hey, we're here to help".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi everyone.

I'd like to start off by letting you know that i really enjoy playing this game, it looks good, feels good and most of all it is a lot of fun. I have leveled three characters to level 60 now and I'll probably start my fourth in a few minutes..

This brings me to the one and most annoying thing that this game has going for itself (I wont mention any other bugs or issues, because that is not at all the issue here)..

It is virtually impossible, yes impossible. To find a group. You can sit in lfg chat all day and hurt your eyes over reading those darn abbreviations that are being spammed at a rate of 300 lines a minute. Only to find that everybody needs an experienced DC for their dungeon. Well guess what, not everybody is experienced and not everybody is a DC. How about give other people a chance to play too? You can sit and wait in queue all day, just to get queued up with two other people who have already cleared the dungeon with their group before three other guys left realizing they couldnt kill the boss.

Ye, that. Fix it.

Good points, but I do have to point out that I stopped playing dungeons after it (very quickly) became obvious it was just an exploitfest, but thanks to cheap blues, rank 4/5 and the boons and random epic drops from solo campaign lairs have got a gear score of 11+K on my Rangers and 12K+ on my GWFs.

That said from everything I have heard the queue system is hopeless and the current situation is one where it seems you need to already have the gear before people will consider you for running the dungeons which drop said gear......
  • alderonthemasteralderonthemaster Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In my opinion they should create a single queue based on the choice of the difficulty of foundry and event per hour of Gauntlgrym.
    The queue system in this game is rotten ... When you do not have the problem of time 1-2 hours queue has the bug incomplete groups. Since the staff shows no interest in trying to fix the progression system why not make player choose the difficulty (normal, heroic and epic) of dugeons? To reduce the queue time could put just a dugeon available at a time in the same event system of GG dugeons.
    They already have everything done in the game, you just use them together. So they increase the content to end-game and eventually breaks with the problem of long queues.
  • jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would hate to be in a guild that didn't help others, or required a GS of 13k to group?

I hate the LFG spam myself. I don't PUG anymore since it's a time/gold sink (potions / kits). Getting into a guild with people who COMMUNICATE is key.

"LF 1 DC for T2. Must be EXP!" - Whoever thought of this "Experienced" title to put on their LFG message is silly. You can't expect everyone to have experience and I agree with that. Communicative group is your bridge to successful dungeon runs. I promise.
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Get a guild then call it good. Never use Queue system for dungeon. It is 90% fail group guaranteed.
    You will be amazed the amount of bad players in this game. People with all their rank 8+ and perfects and epic stone + 4 companion and still play like well u know what I mean.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Ye, that. Fix it.
    Are you talking about for your basic t2's or valindra's tower? For t2's this is ridiculous, however for vt this is mostly right, and you might just need to learn you have to do some basic gearing before tackling the top level content of a game.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As long as you want to do the dungeons without glitches and exploits, join the Legit channel. I geared my characters up mostly through soloing and for the reasons listed already (minus the new joining mid-run thing) had given up on running dungeons. Since joining the channel, my wizard and cleric have completed the T2s except for DV (never tried), MC and even did the first boss of Castle Never. I've also helped people with running T1s and even helped a lower level party beat Idris. Also gotten some good advice about stats and whatnot.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother