test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question on Zen mount purchase. HELP!

bobbyk45238bobbyk45238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I currently have 2 character slots, but I may buy more slots down the road and make more characters.

My question is this. If I buy a mount on Zen Market now, will character slots I open in the future have free access to the purchased mount, or only currently created characters/open slots?

I MUST know this so I make the right decisions before buying a mount. Thank you!

Only reply if you know FOR SURE! THANKS!
Post edited by bobbyk45238 on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . .All mounts in the Zen Market are account wide-unlocks. When purchased, their cost in the Zen Market will become "Free" and the button to claim them will be "0 Zen." You can then claim them on any character, past, present, and future on the account through the Zen Market.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just a note - As zebular mentioned, Zen mounts are account-wide and can be claimed by all of your characters for free, but they cannot be claimed until each character reaches level 20.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks so much for the quick response! I am going to buy a new 110% speed mount today, FINALLY! WOOT!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Thanks so much for the quick response! I am going to buy a new 110% speed mount today, FINALLY! WOOT!
    Awesome! What one are you getting? I got the White Tiger myself and love him. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    OP, all the Worgs are currently 25% off. This sale ends tomorrow, (Thursday), and a new weekly sale will be introduced. Take that into consideration when making your purchase. I bought the Stormrider Clydesdale for 2500, but managed to grab the Heavy Worg when it was only 1875 Zen...

If price is not that big of a concern to you, then consider how general or specific you want to get with your mounts - an armored horse, IMO, can fit more concepts than a white tiger or cheetah...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Awesome! What one are you getting? I got the White Tiger myself and love him. :)

I just bought the Heavy Worg. I think he looks really tough and I like that.

Was thinking about the Stormraider Clysdale since it was a bit cheaper, but like the Heavy Worg most after looking through images of them both.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Was thinking about the Stormraider Clysdale since it was a bit cheaper, but like the Heavy Worg most after looking through images of them both.

The Heavy Worg was a good choice. It does this neat "rip and tear" animation if you just tap the spacebar. Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Awesome! Hope you enjoy him, it is indeed a good choice!
  • Options
    wmtrexlerwmtrexler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Just a note - As zebular mentioned, Zen mounts are account-wide and can be claimed by all of your characters for free, but they cannot be claimed until each character reaches level 20.

This is not completely true.

You can claim it before level 20 you just can't use it until level 20. I claimed my Stormraider Clysdale on my HR when he was 19 and just kept it in my inventory until I leveled.
  • Options
    wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited January 2014
    wmtrexler wrote: »

You can claim it before level 20 you just can't use it until level 20. I claimed my Stormraider Clysdale on my HR when he was 19 and just kept it in my inventory until I leveled.

This is true as I did the same with my HR when it was close to hitting the level to be able to ride it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

. . .Yep, this was changed a while back. Mounts can be claimed at any level now but won't be able to be equipped until level 20. Bioshrike just may not have noticed the change, he was correct though for the way it was early on.
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014

i can get all of the ones from my packs and stuff from the Claims Agent on the packs i bought, like the Unicorn, etc, from day 1 on a new character, but i can't USE them until level 20. i just store them in the bank until i get high enough to use them.