test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

not happy companion upgrades needed

2»

Comments

• Options
    lionelcharronlionelcharron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you purchase a companion with Zen, does it also require shards to upgrade?

If you mean "Astral diamond" instead of "Shards", yes it will. You bough a companion of XYZ color for the price of a XYZ color. So if you bought a green (800ish zen), you will have to pay to get it to blue than to purple. This is why green companion are 800 zen and purple are 2.5k zen ;)

For now, until they change the upgrarde cost, you are way better off buying directly a purp companion than to get a green and upgrade it.
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited January 2014
    If you mean "Astral diamond" instead of "Shards", yes it will. You bough a companion of XYZ color for the price of a XYZ color. So if you bought a green (800ish zen), you will have to pay to get it to blue than to purple. This is why green companion are 800 zen and purple are 2.5k zen ;)

For now, until they change the upgrarde cost, you are way better off buying directly a purp companion than to get a green and upgrade it.

Got it, thanks. I bought the Neverember guard, which is blue. There are no purple hirelings it seems. :(
  • Options
    millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    The problem with the high prices of purchasing and upgrading companions, is that they still suck. Even a Purple Ghaleb Dhur, with max hp and regen items can't stay alive. And even if he does, he attacks every 3 seconds. Lame for something that costs something like 30 bucks. Every time I get a companion, I think, this one will be different. At the end of the day, they always disappoint, and they can never live. Buy an ioun stone and never buy another companion again. Even the active bonuses for some of the purple companions are super lame.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »
    Got it, thanks. I bought the Neverember guard, which is blue. There are no purple hirelings it seems. :(
    zen store purple
    Galeb Dhur
    Honey Badger
    Sprite
    Wil-o'-wisp
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    zen store purple
    Galeb Dhur
    Honey Badger
    Sprite
    Wil-o'-wisp

I believe he meant that there are no purple ranked humaniod companions. AKA hirelings. Rather then pets, creatures, or fey.
  • Options
    aettthornaettthorn Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The problem with the high prices of purchasing and upgrading companions, is that they still suck. Even a Purple Ghaleb Dhur, with max hp and regen items can't stay alive. And even if he does, he attacks every 3 seconds. Lame for something that costs something like 30 bucks. Every time I get a companion, I think, this one will be different. At the end of the day, they always disappoint, and they can never live. Buy an ioun stone and never buy another companion again. Even the active bonuses for some of the purple companions are super lame.

Yeah, just found this out myself. Bough the Ghost companion because it went well with a concept I had. Has one attack, and then tends to "posses" minions that are about to be killed. Stays in the dead body for the entire duration of the effect. Not too happy. Should have gone with the Ioun Stone after all.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The companions, overall, need to be given an "At-Will" attack that has a cooldown of like .5 seconds or so - I only recently got my first Ioun Stone of Allure, and now understand why people liked them so much...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While leveling up there are certain character-companions combinations that actually work and make things a lot easier.
    At level 60 I find the Cleric Disciple and the new Fawn kinda helpful in single player PvE, but that's mostly between fight. In a boss fight, they will take all the agro and die in 2 seconds, then you're on your own. I can't imagine them doing any better if they were purple.
    In dungeons ,however, Ioun Stone of Allure all the way. If you think about it, it even makes sense. Why would you need a Cleric Companion if you have a Cleric teammate? Why would you need a tank companion if you have an actual tank in your party?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
This discussion has been closed.