Install Arc
Options

List just One PVP related thing you would like in Mod 3

13»

Comments

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've actually gave this some more thought.

I'd like to ask for a more precise targetting-power activation, as well as narrower "hit box" please.

As it is, its no use if you master your maneuvering so you can quickly move behind someone else to flank them. Just mash the mouse around so the aiming reticle is 'nearby' your target, and the character automatically turns and adjusts attacking directions. I'd actually love to be able to fight those one-button-mashing gwfs by continuously flanking them with better practiced "footwork".

Instead, no matter how much you pracitce precise button clicking and cleverly positioning, anyone can just fudge the mouse and mash the button. Auto-facing, and bam, you're caught.

Hate untechnical gameplay.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dustwiper wrote: »
    More inactive maps. For example a ruins map that is slowly filling up with water with nodes on different levels. Once that level is fill with water the only way to get back to that area is to work a pump on the top level to drain the water which take time.

You mean "interactive," right, not "inactive?" :D
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Umm......

hold on, I'll think of something.......

......nope. I got nothing. Trash the current system and remove PvP altogether.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If someone has a game client crash or disconnect, please don't kick them out of the map instance when they reconnect.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hobokenboy wrote: »
    Umm......

hold on, I'll think of something.......

......nope. I got nothing. Trash the current system and rework it from the ground up.

This wont happen. Although I do agree alot needs to be re-worked.

A summary of what should be done for pvp:

1) CTF/Slayer gametypes
    2) New maps
    3) Matchmaking.ranking system
    4) Arena PVP (3v3/4v4/5v5)
    5) Arena pvp gear (T 2.5) won with arena rewards.
    6) Foundry PVP enabled.

Looks like they are adding "resilience" to current pvp gear, in light of that:

1) TWO more T1 pvp sets, and TWO more T2 pvp sets.
    2) Resilience should reduce crit % and crit damage taken. so 1000 "resilience" would = players attacking you have a 10% reduced chance to crit and deal 10% less crit severity.

With that, GWF unstoppable needs a rework.

This would bring ALOT to the game... Although its probably too much to ask.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    2 ladders: one for solo play, one for teams.
  • Options
    cutterdavecutterdave Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Stopping dropouts during a match. i.e. If there are dropouts, enable some sort of penalty system.
  • Options
    killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well for starters, they have to do something about no/low rewards if you lose and don't have a lot of points. All it does is cause folks to quit the games early if they don't think they are on the winning team.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want the most simplest thing of all. New ******* maps!
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If they go the "arena" route, I am really hoping they put team restrictions so you can have only 1 of a class on a team.

So in 3v3 only 1 GWF 1 TR etc....

Maybe even have a 6v6 in there as well. Another very popular "poster child" MMO (we all know who) I think did arena fairly well and if they put it in this game it could HELP alot, but not fix!

Add a new pvp currency call it "honor" LOL! And award honor for winning pvp matches. Cap it at 25k like Glory, but make a T1/T2 "Honor" set.

Create a ranking system that assigns the team a rating and allow players to "unlock" the ability to purchase honor gear.

If the scale is say 0-5000 rating, Maybe T1 is unlocked at 2000 and each piece is say 5-6k honor, where the T2 is unlocked at 4000 and each piece is 10-12k honor. Weapons are more.

Give the weapons set bonus - Could be different from the current weapon set bonuses...

Could even add a T 2.5 armor and weapons.... and shift T2 to 3000 ranking and T2.5 at 4000.

This provides tradeoff, save up and dont get T1/T2 for T2.5 or get the early gear to aid in better gear later...

This makes it not only difficult but worth while to farm and play.

You can even create "Boons" for PVP Arena unlocked at each 1k ranking with the last at 4500.

Boon 1 (available at 1k)

250 movement
    vs
    250 Defense

Boon 2 (2k - with T1 rewards)

250 Stamina/Guard Gain
    vs
    250 Control Bonus

ETC...

Maybe Boon 5 (at 4500 ranking) is

+1 Con
    vs
    +1 Dex

or whatever the two SECONDARY roll stats are... Instead of actual stats, add to roll stats since it is not affected by dim returns.

To add longevity, Either make an "Honor Cap" per day of say 500 or w.e... OR make it so Honor is awarded on a weekly Basis and will be determined by your team ranking etc...

This way youll want to get on and get your honor for the day, creates it almost like a daily since you can only do so much per day... This gets people going into PVP.

Then honestly just add foundry pvp and a "slayer" gametype available on the SAME two maps and then add 1-2 more maps for regular pvp available for BOTH slayer AND Domination and your set.

Slayer - instead of potions, add a damage buff of 20% that lasts say 25 seconds that spawn where the potions are. This provides a TON of benefits to having a DC in the match since no easy way to heal and adds a sense of "controlling" the map. Works well for slayer games.

For the PVE side, if you just redo/balance the existing content that will bring ALOT of hapiness to the PVE community. Remove a TON of the adds and enable R6 enchants to drop from T1s and R7s to drop from T2+.

Completely REDO MC so ALL the OHs drop off the last boss instead of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Blues, and then add in a chance for the actual set items to drop off Malabog. This gives incentive to run the dungeon.

redo VT so its harder than it is....
  • Options
    killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Another thing. If you in the top 3, even on the losing team you should get much higher rewards. It's yet another item that discourages you from participating, once you know you are losing.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Damage, CC duration and heals /3 across the board in pvp. Tired to be forced into super tanky builds just to survive long enough to cap a flag...
  • Options
    jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Improve the effectiveness of weapon/armor enchantments so that there are viable alternatives to vorpal/soulforged.

Multiple loadouts for encounters/at wills

Remove the ability to change armor in combat (no more soulforged swapping)

Allow Gauntlgrypm pvp to be queued for at any time

Massive nerf to sentinel GWF (I have a gw, I am not crying, this is breaking the game and needs to be addressed)

Brackets based on gear score

All mounts boosted to 110% in pvp

*edit: sorry, that is more than one thing :)
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jeffro9000 wrote: »
    Remove the ability to change armor in combat (no more soulforged swapping)

This is not working, at least it didn't work for me 100%, tried it:

- armor with Greater/SF equipped
    - died, SF gone
    - equipped same armor type with a Lesser/SF at campfire... SF was still on cooldown.

So nope, you cannot chain soulforges.

However, you can swap different types I think. I tried this with a barkshield, and I got 1 charge immediately. By the time I was back into battle, I had full charges. However I sold the barkshield and whatever, not worth the effort.
  • Options
    yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The idea I have in mind is not exactly only for PVP, but I was hoping we'd get a page where we could see our overall Character, Dungeon, and PVP stats. These information can be viewed by other players via inspecting.

For Character Stats, this doesn't pertain to our gear stats but more of the more mundane ones like total number of hours played, the date our character has been created, Collection Scores, current collections, achievements and titles earned, and other simple character information like those.

For our Dungeon Stats, I was thinking of maybe allowing others to see the number of times a player has finished certain dungeons, average approximate scores in Paingiver, Living Dead, Immovable Object, Executioner, Field Medic, for all the dungeon runs of a player. Would also be great to see the number of times a player has slain a particular boss, the number of times that a player has successfully finished a certain dungeon, the number of times that a player ran a dungeon but not necessarily finished it, and other dungeon stuff like those. I for one would be satisfied with just getting the approximate scores for the 5 scorecards in the dungeon.

For PVP stats, I personally would like to see a more detailed score page. I'm thinking of allowing us to see the total amount of kills, deaths, and the average approximate kill:death ratio of a player. I would also like to see the average amount of points a player gains in his matches as well as the amount of times that a player would leave a match before it was finished. This will be a permanent record that everyone can see by inspecting. And maybe more stuff similar to these. We like numbers a lot.

Would also be great if we could see a some sort of PVP Ladder where you can gauge where you are currently at in the PVP scene.

you mean like in Tera? >.>
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Other maps.
    And I do not mean, more of the same. Not another 3-base domination map.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    naveed24naveed24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    New maps pwease!
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. Diminishing Returns in PvP - As it stands right now PvP in this game is a button mashing CC fest, with no way of the opponent mitigating or reducing(don't tell me EB enchant)any CC's, other than dodging, which we all know is buggy at best as far as actually dodging an ability, 99% of the time it comes down to whose Ping is better.

Not having DR in PvP breeds bad Players, and dumbs down to an incredible low the level of skill it takes to compete against a living person. Chain Choking or proning/dazing etc a person with an almost 99% guarantee of your ability working is beyond ludacris.

For the players that do not know or understand how DR works I'm not going to go into it sorry, most of you know and have played games with it and will 100% agree with me.

PvP with DR = Man PvP

PvP without DR = Hello Kitty Button Mashing PvP

2. PvP content - Larger Maps with different objectives. Deathmatch, juggernaut, capture the flag, last man standing, Rush type objective PvP(think Battlefield Rush). Very large, Open world PvP zone with on going objectives 24/7. The ability to form PvP raid parties. 5, 10 and 20 man Raid parties for Open World PvP, and Queing for larger specific PvP maps.
  • Options
    nodensnttnodensntt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Agree with diminishing returns and finally fix the GWF stunlock. Stunlock should not be possible at all. Currently I see full premades of 5 GWF on stunlock builds killing everything in 2 seconds with no way to play at all. It is the most PVP breaking bug. Currently I can only play my GWF in PVP as well as with all my other alts it's tedious. My TR I have to run with no offensive encounters at all in order for him to have any chance against a stunlocker (not killing chance, surviving chance). CWs are doomed in seconds because they rely on CC, GWF breaks it, then stunlocks CW to death in 1 sec. DC has no chance at all and GF can only take some better beating if they're not entirely ignored until the rest are dead. Currently a good GWF on stunlock build can take 3-4 other players on his own without breaking a sweat (always assuming same gear level).
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    nodensntt wrote: »
    Agree with diminishing returns and finally fix the GWF stunlock. Stunlock should not be possible at all. Currently I see full premades of 5 GWF on stunlock builds killing everything in 2 seconds with no way to play at all. It is the most PVP breaking bug. Currently I can only play my GWF in PVP as well as with all my other alts it's tedious. My TR I have to run with no offensive encounters at all in order for him to have any chance against a stunlocker (not killing chance, surviving chance). CWs are doomed in seconds because they rely on CC, GWF breaks it, then stunlocks CW to death in 1 sec. DC has no chance at all and GF can only take some better beating if they're not entirely ignored until the rest are dead. Currently a good GWF on stunlock build can take 3-4 other players on his own without breaking a sweat (always assuming same gear level).

This, and any other scenario you can think of that involves 100% CC locking, is the reason why smart game developers put DR into PvP. It is not challenging, or skillful even in the slightest, to spam CC encounters and lock someone up 1 vs 1, let alone having multiple players button mash all their CC encounters on you. Its total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Exactly. And for this reason I refuse to play my GWF on that ridiculous build. I only use takedown and feat Destroyer instead of going hybrid to maximize stunlocks. I still do great with her without killing everything in 2 seconds and it's actually more fun cause it takes skill and I can enjoy a good fight. If I wanted to stunlock someone and kill them in 2 seconds, I would go kill a mob. It's the same thing. The whole enjoyment of PVP for me is the unpredictability of the human opponent element. I like an intelligent opponent to beat. Not a practice dummy. I play a lot of PVP and I play all classes. I master all classes in order to know what to expect and know the enemy at any given time. GWFs, if you remember (but you must since you're also a Hero heh), were almost useless at open beta. No one wanted to play them in PVP. They went from subpar to being the I-Win button. The stunlock build was there since the beginning but the inadequate damage of the GWF made it more balanced. If you were decent, a GWF would stunlock you but could not kill you during that time unless they outgeared you by far. So burst damage classes actually had an option to recover and retaliate, DC could heal the damage up, GF would smirk and go on. So effectively that build was only killing newbies or, when properly used, it was a disabling build for a premade (disable DC for a bit so group can focus a critical target or the DC if possible). Since the buffing of GWF damage+higher gear scores it's no longer the case. GWF has enough damage to kill almost any target with even higher gear score than them on the prone-stun combo. And a daze/stun you can break with CC breakers but what the class exploits is the prone+stand up animation that's impossible to avoid or break. TR can also do a double daze if they want to but with less duration/higher cooldowns and while dazed you can actually move out of damage (not to mention that if you're a skilled player you can avoid dazing strike 100% unless it's thrown from stealth--but that also means no slow on smoke bomb--so on my TR I'd prefer using SB on sneak instead of DS as a plain SB is very easy to walk out of). You can't avoid takedown though and once the stunlock build GWF lands it on you it's bye bye you're dead. Now premade of that build is absolutely ridiculous.

Ideally: Getting prone should give you 5-6 seconds of immunity against CC due to the unavoidable animation. And effects like daze/stun should have diminishing returns timer (unless a CC breaker is used which also grants immunity on its own) so you can't just spam them with a full group for full effect each time. Classes that rely a lot on CC for damage mitigation (CW/TR--not sure about HR because I'm still leveling her so I don't have proper experience with their skillset yet) should have their defenses slightly buffed to compensate.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @nodensntt - You and I are on the same page. Unfortunately, I cant see PvP ever really evolving to what we are talking about honestly. Everything, like everything would have to change.

As it stands right now, not having any actual resistances on gear, or having anything to combat abilities other than dodging. You press a button in PvP and it works. There is no skill involved. You don't have to be choosy on your abilities with CC's, because there is no DR. They ALWAYS work, there is no way to resist them. This is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we all know, but the game would have to completely change everything in order to introduce DR, or bring in resistances.

What I mean when I say "press a button and it works". A person using a Barkshield for example, with all 3 charges up. Confronted by a GWF using Takedown. The Bark will mitigate the damage, possibly to zero if you are using a perfect, yet, you still are knocked down..wha? Or, you completely deflect an attack, yet, the CC sticks somehow. So many instances like this I can say, but you get the picture of what I mean. Abilities just do.....they don't take any thought of "Hey, I shouldn't waste my takedown cuz this dude just got Entangled, I need to wait so its not wasted etc."

The PvP in this game would have to completely change 100% to make it "real pvp." PvP is always going to give a person frustrating moments, some more than others, but I have learned to live with the way the PvP in this game is. I still enjoy it, and hopefully with the upcoming PvP additions, whatever they may be, will give me months of more fun in this game.

I think many people fail to realize this simple fact. We can complain and complain all we want, but this is the way it is. As far as actual PvP mechanics, I don't see it ever changing. A dude just needs to deal with it, learn to adapt and over come, or stop PvP'ing all together.

Edit: What I do feel they could change, is the CC duration, taking into account defensive stats.

What I mean is, (for sake of explanation I'm going to use made up numbers). Lets take takedown for example, being used on a person with 0 Defense. Lets say take-down's prone time/animation, is 3.5 seconds from the moment its hit you, till the time you can stand up and use an ability. So a person with 0 defense, will take the full 3.5 seconds to stand back up. Now would be where the math comes in. Like 1 defense, or, because you can stack defense so high, and 3.5 seconds when compared to 4500 defense is a large factor, maybe it should be used in points of 50. So for every 50 defense, you reduce CC duration by .010 seconds.

So with that being said, a person could affectively build a PvP character to combat CCs. Possibly completely resisting a CC altogether, or atleast having the chance to great reduce the duration/stand up time etc, which in turn, would greatly reduce the easiness that it is right now to 100% lock someone up.

You may disagree with me, but I feel the prone time animation in this game is twice as much as I feel it should be. I'm trying to think of it logically. If you knock over a GF, a class with a giant a$$ shield, and super heavy armor, they should be the slowest class to stand back up. Versus lets say an agile TR, or a cloth wearing CW. Now, also thinking logically. If you are a class that wears light armor, that theoretically should be able to stand up faster, if you get hit very hard(damage wise), with a prone encounter, that makes sense that it would take more time to stand back up. Think of personally getting knocked over by a child swinging a pillow(deflected shot), or Superman hitting you with a full size Oak Tree(huge crit). It makes complete sense which of those prones would last longer.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd say, every CC should last longer (except TR's silence), like 3 times longer, but give you CC immunity for a short time afterwards.
    like it was in WHO
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    They ALWAYS work, there is no way to resist them.

But this is just plain wrong. You can deflect CC abilities. Deflecting a wizard's Entangling Grasp reduces the CC time. Then there's the Elven Battle Enchantment, which reduces prone time.

The game already does take defensive stats and enchantments into account for CC time.
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited January 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    But this is just plain wrong. You can deflect CC abilities. Deflecting a wizard's Entangling Grasp reduces the CC time. Then there's the Elven Battle Enchantment, which reduces prone time.

The game already does take defensive stats and enchantments into account for CC time.

Elven battle doesnt work on Prones bro...

Only slows and imobilizes
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Elven battle doesnt work on Prones bro...

Only slows and imobilizes

If it reduced prone times everyone would use it.

But on a related note I would simply want more maps and game modes.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yeah. There are defensive stats for CCs. Just not for prone. The problem with prone is the animation. There's nothing you can do about it other than fall down and get up. Everything else can be resisted. The Sylph companion for example has an active bonus of "50% Control Resist". The mechanics are there. It's just prone that's messed up.

This is what makes the GWF stunlock build so broken..low cd takedown + flourish + crescendo or savage advance with battle awareness (furhter reducing cds) while also doing heaps of damage and reducing target defense by 45% with student of the sword. Basically you cut through everything.
    I know asking for restructuring the entire PVP game is too much and my expectations are realistic (not that it has not been done before..see AoC introduction of PVP only stats years after launch). But simply a 6sec immunity to other CC after getting prone and perhaps the other way around (immunity to other CC after getting stunned) as well since flourish is usually the opener as it allows you to land takedown easily (even if the target pops a CC breaker you still have time to land takedown and if you have not finished the target by the time they get up--which is doubtful but depends on target class and if others are hitting them or not--, you smack them with your prone daily of choice, delivering the coup de grace). This change alone would do heaps to mitigate the issue.