test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List just One PVP related thing you would like in Mod 3

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    been there done that ,,,, you'll have high level just being pricks coming into map to make it unplayable for people leveling up ,,, trust me as I was a prick in the previous game. its not a good Idea , it wont happen because alot of people will quit and go to another mmo that doesn't have that nonsense going on.

now lets say you do like another game or two and have a pvp only bard, That's more viable for your suggestion.

If its purely optional, and someone was greifing, why not just swap over to a non PVP instance of the same map then...

If you have an area that is open PVP, it gives players places to actually set up things themselves and also ads alot of fun leveling... Maybe it wouldnt even be that popular, however it would give an area for open pvp...
  • smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited December 2013
    A beta key to the Elder Scrolls Online : )
  • adreanisadreanis Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Open PvP or Faction vs Faction (FvF) that still keeps some type of objective that isn't capture the point type of object. Perhaps some kind of rune or relic that gives some type of bonus to the faction that holds it. However, this shouldn't be too OP maybe increased Glory gain? Could have multiple types involved with this as well to maybe keep it less one sided. This with a Ranking/Ladder system will keep PvP fresh and fun for everyone who enjoys it imo! :)
  • drervendrerven Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    In light of the news that Mod 3 would have "some pvp updates" I thought it MAY be of use if everyone just lists ONE (and ONLY ONE) thing they would like to see added to this game that revolves around PVP. This could be a new system (like a que system), new gametypes, ranking, maps, items etc!

If you could please not flame, and dont list of 10 things but just one it will keep this civil.

TO start,

I know someone else will have other suggestions so I will use my ONE as:

Enable the option to switch to a PVP instance of ALL the world instances in the game. To explain, when in "Helm's Hold" say instance #s 1-35 would be all PVE focused (like it is now) and #36-40 would be "PVP-enabled" meaning only the camps/towns are "safe zones" and its open world FFA after that. Enter at your own risk!

A cool down timer to prevent people from being able to queue up for PVP: Domination matches placed on the people who leave active matches before the end of the round. Maybe even have the cool down timer increase for people that leave more they leave early within a couple hours or something then after the couple hours (or whatever it's set as) the timer resets back to zero.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What's the difference between leaving a match and staying afk at the base?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited December 2013
    The entire disabling of gear, or a "hardcore" mode with nothing but your build and teamwork/skill. AFK kick - match leaving penalty. More than 10 players in a match.
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want a reason to join Luskans in GG PvP
  • zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited December 2013
    1.A random domination queue with no premades.

2.A large PVP area or the whole game with a PVP instance in every area :)
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dual spec system for pvp. I am so sick of finding out that we have a perma stealth annoyance tr or a useless fat bag health points gwf in the group. Let them keep their wretched gimp builds in pvp so they aren't a weight around everyone else's neck.

As for the actual pvp itself, gear limitations. Right now its like a game of chess where some players start with no rooks.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Penalties to deserting scum.

If my team's so bad, that we're pinned down at the starting zone... fine, it's cool. Bad things happen. Sometimes, you play with a bad team -- that's OK. But still, when someone enters a game, it's a commitment to the rest of the people on your team as well. There's an obligation to see the game through, and not just run off picking only the easy winning games like a pack of weasley sleezeballs.

Many of us are PvP enthusiasts. We play PvP because not they award some rewards -- we play it because we like fighting against other living, thinking people. Even if we are an ultimately losing team, we still like fighting our way through a loss. We hate being forced into doing nothing at the spawn zone, because 3 people decide they can't win, and just quit the team and walk out.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like PvP to be handed over to foundry developers :D
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    I'd like PvP to be handed over to foundry developers :D

This , there is so much potential if done properly and with the correct support from the developers with regards to rewards and tourneys .
  • shauku11shauku11 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to see more rewards for gg coins: Rings belts etc. Same with glory.
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to see linear point capturing, where you have to take the points in order from your home base to the enemy base. Basically, teams would have to capture their home points first, then take the middle point, and finally try to cap the enemy's home point. This would concentrate fighting within a specific part of the map, reducing merry-go-around PvP gameplay (a.k.a. horse race PvP).
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would like to see a sort of indirect competitive PvP mode added - something like where 2 teams have to defend their tower/king/etc from attacking hordes, and whichever team defeats the wave of enemies first, causes the opposing team to face even more enemies or more powerful enemies, for the next wave.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    A feature to give me my daily 4000 AD and weekly 8000 AD automatically without even playing PVP so I can stay away from this bugged no fun playstyle once and for all.
  • jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Work on quitters, something to discourage this from happening.

It is a bummer when the team just leaves when they begin to lose, specially after a few deaths. Hurts those left behind. Lucky I have found a few teams that will help you get gory if you let them know what is going on in general chat. Even had a few 1 vs 1 fun. Love those guys. Thanks!!
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Removal of items that can be only gotten exclusively by playing this farce that is PvP.
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A new class, no a new map.. no foundry pvp, no a Map, a class

ahh! ONE? OK as my one suggestion I think they should add all the other suggestions I agree with. :p
  • nearlydiamondnearlydiamond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Enable Foundry PVP maps!
  • wdoubled2wdoubled2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    fot starters more pvp modes and maps. Catch the flag, arenas, or new modes that haven't been used before in other games too.
    New maps should be easy, but without new modes they would get boring pretty fast too.

umm... ......THIS
  • damagon777damagon777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I played Warhammer online and they had some of the best pvp instance maps I have seen in a MMO, it really would be nice to increase the maps and also the size of players per map, like 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15, and even 20 vs 20 and not have it only eligible like once a day...
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The idea I have in mind is not exactly only for PVP, but I was hoping we'd get a page where we could see our overall Character, Dungeon, and PVP stats. These information can be viewed by other players via inspecting.

For Character Stats, this doesn't pertain to our gear stats but more of the more mundane ones like total number of hours played, the date our character has been created, Collection Scores, current collections, achievements and titles earned, and other simple character information like those.

For our Dungeon Stats, I was thinking of maybe allowing others to see the number of times a player has finished certain dungeons, average approximate scores in Paingiver, Living Dead, Immovable Object, Executioner, Field Medic, for all the dungeon runs of a player. Would also be great to see the number of times a player has slain a particular boss, the number of times that a player has successfully finished a certain dungeon, the number of times that a player ran a dungeon but not necessarily finished it, and other dungeon stuff like those. I for one would be satisfied with just getting the approximate scores for the 5 scorecards in the dungeon.

For PVP stats, I personally would like to see a more detailed score page. I'm thinking of allowing us to see the total amount of kills, deaths, and the average approximate kill:death ratio of a player. I would also like to see the average amount of points a player gains in his matches as well as the amount of times that a player would leave a match before it was finished. This will be a permanent record that everyone can see by inspecting. And maybe more stuff similar to these. We like numbers a lot.

Would also be great if we could see a some sort of PVP Ladder where you can gauge where you are currently at in the PVP scene.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    This , there is so much potential if done properly and with the correct support from the developers with regards to rewards and tourneys .

There is NOTHING that would be worse than this. NOTHING. Worst idea ever. If you want PvP to be a complete and total joke then your suggestion is good, otherwise no.
  • darkdemasdarkdemas Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1v1 pvp. Like to have a "Challenge Request" so you could invite your friends to do 1v1. And the "Challenge Request" would act like Trade. You have to be close to the person to give them a "Challenge Request." And "Challenge Request" could be set to auto-decline to avoid Request spams. But all of this is 100% related to 1v1 pvp. It's just in detail on how it could work.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    darkdemas wrote: »
    1v1 pvp. Like to have a "Challenge Request" so you could invite your friends to do 1v1. And the "Challenge Request" would act like Trade. You have to be close to the person to give them a "Challenge Request." And "Challenge Request" could be set to auto-decline to avoid Request spams. But all of this is 100% related to 1v1 pvp. It's just in detail on how it could work.
    I have no idea why people seem to want 1v1 so badly. It would probably just be a bunch of tank DC's trolling you for 20 minutes not dying and not really killing you either.

It will probably just further exasperate everyone calling things OP because PvP is and never should be balanced around 1v1's.

(characters)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • selenethialselenethial Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    adreanis wrote: »
    Open PvP or Faction vs Faction (FvF) that still keeps some type of objective that isn't capture the point type of object. Perhaps some kind of rune or relic that gives some type of bonus to the faction that holds it. However, this shouldn't be too OP maybe increased Glory gain? Could have multiple types involved with this as well to maybe keep it less one sided. This with a Ranking/Ladder system will keep PvP fresh and fun for everyone who enjoys it imo! :)

This is a nice suggestion :)
  • themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited January 2014
    -I'd like to be put in matches with people that speak the same language as I do.
    -I'd like to be put in matches with people that have a GS close to what I do.
    -I'd like to be put in matches with people that have also queued up as a solo player.

I'll take any one of those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    More inactive maps. For example a ruins map that is slowly filling up with water with nodes on different levels. Once that level is fill with water the only way to get back to that area is to work a pump on the top level to drain the water which take time.