test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WARNING: Fraudulent/Phishing Emails: "Perfect Neverwinter"

koolywampuskoolywampus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So I'm scanning my Email the other day, and I come upon the item titled "Perfect Neverwinter". Turns out to be an invite to download and play Neverwinter. I found this strange because I already play. Reading further I find they call it Perfect Neverwinter. The screen shots and gameplay descriptions are the same, curious er and curious er. By this point in my story some of you will be yelling at this post "No!! Don't click it!!", fear not, momma didn't raise no dummies. Still others will be staring down their noses thinking "Stupid ****" To you I say (politely) Ptttttttttttttttttttt! This post is ment for the third group, those that love games and still believe in fair play. To my knowledge this email is a scam designed to steal your account info. I could be wrong but I'm a cynic. Anyway I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up. You all have a happy new year. See you in game.
zebular wrote: »
. . . . . Please forward any suspect emails to customerservice@perfectworld.com and note in the Body of the email that you are forwarding a fraudulent and/or phishing email.

. . . . . Legitimate emails will always come from *@*.perfectworld.com or *@*.crypticstudios.com
(* being a wildcard, like email@email.perfectworld.com or customerservice@perfectworld.com / Customer Service emails will also show that they are sent via mailmw.custhelp.com) - Thanks!

(Edit: Updated thread title accordingly. Stickied for the time being. Thanks, koolywampus!)
Oppohere draconem est preherndere vitam.
Post edited by koolywampus on

Comments

• Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You are right , It's a phishing attempt , a few people here have been getting them but it's unclear whether it's targeted or just random luck that Neverwinter players are getting them , I'd suggest forwarding the email to Cryptic support .
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . Please forward any suspect emails to customerservice@perfectworld.com and note in the Body of the email that you are forwarding a fraudulent and/or phishing email.

. . . . . Legitimate emails will always come from *@*.perfectworld.com or *@*.crypticstudios.com
    (* being a wildcard, like email@email.perfectworld.com or customerservice@perfectworld.com / Customer Service emails will also show that they are sent via mailmw.custhelp.com) - Thanks!

(Edit: Updated thread title accordingly. Stickied for the time being. Thanks, koolywampus!)
  • Options
    icefyre66icefyre66 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zebular wrote: »

Hi guys,

Just a note to say that e-mail phishing can set the e-mail address it comes from, so it can look like a completely legitimate e-mail.

I did receive this e-mail also, and clicked on the link and had a look around the website. I did not attempt to log in. Since this time it appears that my in game account may have been compromised with items missing (support request sent), so please guys do not click on the links. I would say ensure you have antivirus and malware programmes running too, but this seemed to be no help in my case.
  • Options
    koolywampuskoolywampus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Very sorry to hear you lost items Ice. I posted this thread as a warning to our fellow players, Although my tongue in cheek approach may have made it sound like a joke. Everyone please read zebular's edit. We all know this is just a game, but many of us spend real money here. Stay safe, DON"T click.

Ice contact me through my guild "Order of the Ruby Rose" maybe I can help you replace some of your losses.
    See you in game.
    Oppohere draconem est preherndere vitam.
This discussion has been closed.