test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An idea for a new Companion - The Vorpal Bunny

hunttar2hunttar2 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Off Topic
I think I came up with a great idea for a possible new Companion. In a tip of the hat to Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail; the idea for the Vorpal Bunny was thought up before. And I think it would be very popular in Neverwinter. I think its stats and abilities could be similar to the Rare Skeletal Dog Companion. But instead of granting 190 Life Steal for its Active Bonus, it should grant Critical Strike. And for its attacks it should have a Bite and Takedown which knocks down its opponent if it has combat advantage. But the Takedown should show the Vorpal Bunny launching itself through the air and attacking the throat of its opponent. And the final ability unlocked at a higher level could also be a Crippling Bite, but the effect could be a Bleed Effect DOT. If you could get it out on April Fool's Day, I think that would be a perfect time for its debut.

If it ever gets in game I want one. : )
Post edited by hunttar2 on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog.
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog.

Oh my gods... that would be so much overkill XD (1st orange colour/class companion probably :) )
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • hunttar2hunttar2 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Actually it wouldn't be over powered. I basically took the same powers and stats of the Rare level 25 Skeletal Dog Companion and suggested substituting Critical Strike for the Life Steal and changing the animation from biting the leg for the Takedown to showing the Bunny biting the throat. So its no more powerful than an existing Companion in the game... Now if you made it as powerful as seen in the movie; taking a mans head off in a single attack, then yeah that Bunny would probably be an Orange con Companion. : )
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hunttar2 wrote: »
    Now if you made it as powerful as seen in the movie; taking a mans head off in a single attack, then yeah that Bunny would probably be an Orange con Companion. : )

My thoughts exactly :D

Now: along with thy "miniature giant space hamster" they could be our very first 'Legendary' companions XD

I think it in fact may call for an event just to host them as ultra-rare, server-wide reward. Both are after all famous enough to have an own fan-clubs ;)

Well: we had 'Golden Pantaloons' known from BG hidden quests so having a bit more humorist accent ain't gonna kill us I guess. With Rabbit though I wonder of one little thing if we're serious: who is a lawful possessor of copyrights for him?

Sincerely, your most insane - Angry Neko Elf
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • vividspectrum0vividspectrum0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Does anyone remember that old text-based adventure computer game back in the 80's that featured a Vorpal Bunny as a monster you encountered in the dungeon?
    If I'm right, it was called Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord! Click through and check out the bestiary for its stats. Growing up, this game was hilarious!
    I totally have to stop everything and play this awful thing again!
    Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Check out The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z.
    The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG
    and how that experience becomes useful to him in a dystopian future.
    It's free online, mobile-friendly, and presented as a web-serial with updates 3 times a week @ SeeDarkly.com.