Options

NW PvP - A Joke?

124»

Comments

• Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    uhh.. you had 2 maps. warsong or the other one. (been a while.)

You could log for the AV, which took a lot of people being willing to go into and lucky if you got decent group.

Otherwise.. Arena? Which.. isn't variety, it's 1 room that you chase each other around in playing tag.

After what? 3 years? (YEARS) they added the new map with the single cap flag? NWO Isn't even 1 year old.

I don't disagree with the point you make but you also had open world PVP including events and area's and the ability to duel. AV was the best PVP In any mmo I have played so dunno what your saying about that. Also WG and AB were much better than Domination. So that's a good 5-6 pvp orientated things as well as faction pvp with the ability to raid towns.

Come to think about it I disagree with almost everything you said.
  • Options
    halrloprillalarhalrloprillalar Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One upside of NW pvp is that you don't have 15 action bars of buttons to commit to muscle memory and 4 more addons to keep track of the enemy's buttons to enable you to pvp properly :)

Dodge is also pretty amazing.
  • Options
    inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    PvP would be much more enjoyable if more skills didn't auto-aim.
    Father McGruder - Scrub geared DPS DC - I kick HAMSTER for the Lord!

Explosivo - Scrub geared MoF CW - Climb upon my BIG ASSED steed....
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    I don't disagree with the point you make but you also had open world PVP including events and area's and the ability to duel. AV was the best PVP In any mmo I have played so dunno what your saying about that. Also WG and AB were much better than Domination. So that's a good 5-6 pvp orientated things as well as faction pvp with the ability to raid towns.

Come to think about it I disagree with almost everything you said.

Open world PVP is give or take. I played on a open PVP world. I played on a PVE world. Meh. Yes, it's something else that WoW did have and I forgot because it was that minor in my playing.

I'm not saying AV was bad. I'm saying my luck was poor in getting a group together, long queues + lousey team mates = poor PVP. That, however, is 'similar' to GG. AV also wasn't in game for 2 years? They started with WSG, if I remember correctly. AB was added after a year. AV was a year after that. My point is that WoW grew into the PVP. Heck, Arena didn't come until it's first expansion which was 4 years I believe? I'm rusty on times, so I do apologize if I'm not accurate there. :)

In the end, WoW now, is many years polished. NW is not. I love PVP in NW, I want more! I, however, advise people to be patient. I've heard there is PVP coming. It'll take time for it to get that polish to make it better, but the combat system is a solid base TO grow on. :)
  • Options
    thorny911thorny911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think the Overall problem is lack of content on either side. No Raiding is absurd in a PvE focused game. The reason the PvP Community is up in arms on the forum is 2 things:

1.) PvPers dedicated to the game are leaving in droves.
    2.) The PvP gameplay is pretty awesome in this game, people love it but it can take over an hour to get a game where either your entire team doesnt leave or theirs doesnt leave.

I love the PvP here but I also really really enjoy the PvE, there just isnt much to do. Every dungeon has some sort of dumb glitch you have to know. All the new dungeons have a spectacular way of leaving you empty handed by having loot a level 30 player wouldn't want. Seriously, how does VALINDRA drop a T1 piece?

My Guild and I are convinced they accidentally made a good game and now don't know what to do with it.
  • Options
    inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thorny911 wrote: »
    I think the Overall problem is lack of content on either side. No Raiding is absurd in a PvE focused game. The reason the PvP Community is up in arms on the forum is 2 things:

1.) PvPers dedicated to the game are leaving in droves.
    2.) The PvP gameplay is pretty awesome in this game, people love it but it can take over an hour to get a game where either your entire team doesnt leave or theirs doesnt leave.

I love the PvP here but I also really really enjoy the PvE, there just isnt much to do. Every dungeon has some sort of dumb glitch you have to know. All the new dungeons have a spectacular way of leaving you empty handed by having loot a level 30 player wouldn't want. Seriously, how does VALINDRA drop a T1 piece?

My Guild and I are convinced they accidentally made a good game and now don't know what to do with it.

The reason there might not be any raiding is it's a D&D based game, and D&D games are usually small party scaled. I didn't play much back in my younger days but I don't think many people did 20/24/40 man D&D games.

Perhaps they are trying to give the game a D&D feel, despite it being basically an MMO. *shrug*
    Father McGruder - Scrub geared DPS DC - I kick HAMSTER for the Lord!

Explosivo - Scrub geared MoF CW - Climb upon my BIG ASSED steed....
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    Open world PVP is give or take. I played on a open PVP world. I played on a PVE world. Meh. Yes, it's something else that WoW did have and I forgot because it was that minor in my playing.

I'm not saying AV was bad. I'm saying my luck was poor in getting a group together, long queues + lousey team mates = poor PVP. That, however, is 'similar' to GG. AV also wasn't in game for 2 years? They started with WSG, if I remember correctly. AB was added after a year. AV was a year after that. My point is that WoW grew into the PVP. Heck, Arena didn't come until it's first expansion which was 4 years I believe? I'm rusty on times, so I do apologize if I'm not accurate there. :)

In the end, WoW now, is many years polished. NW is not. I love PVP in NW, I want more! I, however, advise people to be patient. I've heard there is PVP coming. It'll take time for it to get that polish to make it better, but the combat system is a solid base TO grow on. :)

Fair enough, I didn't play it for about the first year and a half. I really did like the open world pvp though. Eastern Plaguelands or west, Can't remember was great. What was best about Open World PVP was the Storming of the cities. I first came across if defending SW, I didn't know what was happening. It's this that turned me from a PVE player into a PVP player.

Neverwinter could easily have an open world area, I can't see any reason why not. Another icon on the map is all. I don't really want to compare Neverwinter to WoW because Neverwinter is so much better now, but it really dose need more pvp maps. I'd take a 10v10 capture the flag over 5v5 domination any day but it's all about having both.
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Actually I'd say that pvp brings in an abusive type of gamer and that all games would be better off with no pvp mode.

Then you are stuck with a game without a purpose. What makes a MMO fun is the fact that you are grinding PvE for a reason: to be strong in PvP. Grinding PvE for the sake of grinding PvE is extremely boring and part of why Diablo 3 was so boring to me. If you can't compete with other people, the game loses its attraction after a while. The most popular games tend to be the ones with the highest capacity for competition between people.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Everyone has their own type of enjoyment.

There are also plenty of MMO's active who are minimal/no PVP... not that we can name any per forum rules. :)

It shouldn't really be PVP/PVE or go home.. They can harmonize. Just a matter of people seeing that.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    Edit: Here is just one example among many. In one particular match I was in, at the very end of the match, and *after the final scoreboard had been displayed*, this one particular TR continued to beat on me and eventually kill me so that I returned to PE "dead". That was completely pointless. This TR got no glory or no additional kills out of this. It was just plain wrong.

as a side note: if you remain in the pvp arena until you respawn, you can then exit the pvp arena and you won't be dead upon arrival of wherever you were be it PE or wherever. :)
  • Options
    lexusorlexusor Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    grahfix wrote: »
    I agree with almost everything you said in this post. Except your delivery sucked (just like that.. see? that was not fun to read was it now was it) Any who, upon agreeing on just about all your points which are very valid, I would like to recommend that next time you post you do it in somewhat of a "constructive criticism" way, no matter how mad ya are.

Other then that.. I CONCUR FRIEND! +1 !!

Well apologies for my suckish delivery, because it was not even meant to entertain you at the first place.

And since when did I say I was mad?
    antonkyle wrote: »
    and another point:
    I think this is where most rudeness comes from. People not doing what they want to do. Saying it is all PVP players that are rude is very nieve. I have been in many a PVE dungeon and been with someone rude, and didn't the term ninja used for greedy *** come from PVE? Just saying. It is annoying that PVP gets thought of in this way and it is accepted. I for one see no more rudeness in PVP that you do in PVE, people are just rude. It's the internet.

Exactly.
  • Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    there's nothing wrong with wanting more pvp content. i'm confident that it's coming. but if it was me, i wouldn't hold the bar too high.

That's very discouraging. I hope you don't know something I don't,
  • Options
    lylesebastionlylesebastion Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I asked for PvP buffs? What? I asked for an end to twinking because it ruins PvP. I asked for sub 60 PvP gear so I have something use Glory on. I would love to go from 10-60 only PvP'ing but it's impossible because you get zero gear in PvP until your 60. You have to PvE to get any gear -at all-.

I'm no stranger to gear grinds. I've been playing MMO's for a while. I fully expect to get killed at 60 for awhile until I grind out gear, I don't care. I used to play Warhammer Online, you want to see unbalanced end game gear grinds you should have been there for that.

I asked for FIXES to sub 60 PvP, because if the 10-59 PvP sucks, people are going to be turned off to it by the time they get to 60. You are the typical PvP'er who doesn't understand that you need to grow the PvP player base before you get any real changes rolling. Same people who stomp low levels with their super twinked gear and then wonder why people stop playing and cry about queue times etc.

I also asked for a fix to the queue system to replace a player when they leave. I had a game turn into a 1v5 last night. That is just stupid. We sat around for the last 2 minutes chatting with the 1 guy left.

Bad.

Leveling from 10 to 60 in pvp is actually very easy. All it involves is doing a couple dailys everyday. Let say you do your pvp daily and... lets just say foundry daily. You have enough AD from those daily rewards from rhix to buy greens every 2-3 levels. My favorite thing i used to like to do is stack new ARP gear when ever i could and do it with green items. Green items run about 5-15 AD per item.
    PvP'ing from 10-59 is so fun... i can never stop to do my dailys...