test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Select Screen

runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Would like to have the ability to change the order of our characters at the character select screen. Some of us have a lot of alts. Some of which have become main characters. Would be nice to be able to move them up to the top. Probably desired more now that the Hunter Ranger is released. And at the bottom of the list.

Previous thread (past 30 days old) on this issue with some signs of support:
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?504071-Change-character-order-at-selection-screen
Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
Post edited by runebane on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree - I'd like to be able to sort my characters by class, race, level, time last played, and maybe even other factors - GS, time to invoke, date of creation, wealth (in gold or ADs), and of course some manual sorting done by the player.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Absolutely. An auto-sort on last time invoked would be just awesome. Circling through the account would be that much easier.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Yes, please.

Manual sort, and auto sort options (keyword, options) would be amazing.

Even better (maybe too much)? Let us invoke and manage professions from the character select screen.

I seriously doubt me logging in and standing in front of the invoker for 2 whole minutes is really helping server load handling.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    Even better (maybe too much)? Let us invoke and manage professions from the character select screen.

Heh, that would be awesome. I wish we could just see if the characters had invoked or not. I can't count how many times my OCD kicked in and I had to log back in with certain characters to be sure I invoked.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . I would love this too. Also, almost everyone in my guild has expressed the desire to re-order their character list as well.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Star Trek Online already does this, so it should't be that difficult to implement. The way it happens over there is pretty simple: the list is simply sorted by last-played with the most recently logged-in character at the top. Next is the one before that and so on until the character with the longest time-lapse since log-in is at the bottom.

It's a pretty simple and quite effective solution.
  • echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would love this so much. I have eight characters, as I wanted to try different classes and builds, but only actively play three. My main is second in line, my GF is fifth, and my new HR I have to scroll down to get to. If I could put my actives on top, and my invoke only's at the bottom, I would be so incredibly happy.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
This discussion has been closed.