test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 2: loot rolls broken

fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Two possibly related issues since the Module 2 patch, both becoming major with every passing day:

1. Often a loot roll, e.g. on a Shard, will be offered to one or more, but not all players. Then the loot roll will disappear making it impossible for anyone else to roll on the loot. In extreme cases, this can and has lead to broken parties.

2. Last In First Out (LIFO) loot roll notifications. Prior to Module 2, loot roll notifications appeared in First In First Out order (FIFO) on your screen. So, the notification would appear in the order it was looted from the top of the screen to the bottom and with any loot-related key presses being sent to the top notification. Now in Module 2, loot roll notifications all appear at the top of the screen as they are looted. In addition, all key presses remain for the top notification. So, the wrong loot rolls are being often being made to the wrong item just by delaying for a moment. Alternatively, using the graphical user interface only, requires searching, tracking and not miss-clicking the desired loot on the screen as the rest of the loot appears.

Any chance this can be patched ASAP, please? The volume of broken loot rolls they generate is not small at all, as well as creating perverse incentives like looting as quickly and early as possible regardless of what is going on in the game at the time or happening to a party or disadvantages those that refuse to do so or unaware of the problem...
Post edited by fondlez on

Comments

• sigaxel77sigaxel77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seconded. I ran 2x SP and 2x CN in a row the other day. In all but two cases I and some other party members were unable to roll on boss drops. I'm not wasting more time on dungeons until this one gets patched.
  • faerenifaereni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    3) When loot rolls decide to not let people even roll for them, it will glitch nearby treasure chest for those people who couldn't roll until timer is up to give it to someone.

This is by far a minor side effect compared to the first two presented, but I thought it worth mentioning for those who didn't realize that this is why they couldn't open the chest.

Had this happen twice in Idris today to the party.

I never got to roll for the shard (not hurt about it but something was amiss). I had a choice of rolling for some purple gloves or the shard at the end of fighting the bone golem, I rolled for the gloves first, shard box went away completely. That's about as specific I could get on it. I couldn't open the chest that was in the area with the golem due to the fact that it was still waiting on me to roll for the shard. Later on I think at the forge there was another situation where it got another player.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    faereni wrote: »
    3) When loot rolls decide to not let people even roll for them, it will glitch nearby treasure chest for those people who couldn't roll until timer is up to give it to someone.

This is by far a minor side effect compared to the first two presented, but I thought it worth mentioning for those who didn't realize that this is why they couldn't open the chest.

Ah, that would explain a lot. Well spotted!
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This happened to me on a DK greed run. I pressed need on the shard, it disappeared and the need registered on the purple loot instead which I was supposed to select greed for. I got kicked from the group and called a RAT. At least now I know what happened now, but I don't like getting a bad rep as a player due to game bugs. Haven't done any dungeons since.
  • djyrbdjyrb Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I experienced both issues last night on a Lair of the Pirate King run as well - disappearing loot rolls for the Surgeon Band that dropped from the first boss and chest bugging issues when a loot roll dialog appeared. All party members had the same issues.
  • astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yet again more example of poor game design. while working on this, fix the whole system so loots CANNOT happen while aggro/combat is on. That is the primary tool of a ninja.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep. Agree. Why would this even get changed to this? Is there no UI/Usability designer around?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only way I found to reliably make my intended roll was to hit alt and use my mouse, which is... not ideal in a chaotic situation.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Both of these bugs are quite annoying and would love a quick fix on it.
  • zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited December 2013
    I've had the glitchy chest happen to me as well. Noticed it in epic Cloak Tower where I was able to get one of the spawned chests but the other would open and close, but not show or give me anything.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The loot rolls putting the newest one on top is really causing issues in dungeons, please fix this soon!
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    I rolled pass on a Fallen Dragon Quillion Fragment :(. This issue was pushed to the devs for a fix for the new year some time.
  • xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seen this to along with the lagg disconnected from server
    and broken dungeon queue mutch less fps with worse image quality
    grapic artifacts like *greenfires* that throw up dirt on any map...
    still the best mmo/rpg
    but problems like this make people leave so would like to see some fixes soon preferably.
  • rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    You're seeing greenfire patches on the ground on live?

Sounds like the Seismic Shot bug from preview. Report it if you haven't already, they (mostly, apparently) fixed that already.
    -Rajani Isa
  • shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The two issues pointed by OP, have happend to me many times. the out of order loot pop up, but the most annoying one is the one where i don't even see the item to roll for.

Can this bug be pushed before the new year. I have lost on on many boss loots, shards, runes/enchantments, and resources.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep, it would make a lot of players happy to have the roll order back to what it was before (new rolls being appended on the bottom), so we won't miss-roll on something that suddenly is on top instead of what you were aiming.
    And, no less importantly, to solve the problem with roll results overriding (hiding) pending rolls on top of the roll list, not allowing players to roll on those. Those be appended on the bottom too.

I'm pretty sure those two problems are related.
  • indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    When multiple loot rolls are up, it seems to drop any remaining rolls when the first roll completes. So boss drops a blue mark of union and an artifact. I click need on the mark (along with everyone else) but as soon as I win the mark (don't think it matters that I won it, just that the roll completed), the artifact prompt disappears from my screen and after it times out, it says I passed on it.

All the disappearing roll prompts that I've experienced have always coincided with another simultaneous roll completing before I can respond to the roll prompt. As soon as the first item goes to a player, all the other pending roll prompts disappear from my client and I'm forced to pass.
  • punkrobartpunkrobart Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Haha, everyone here is talking about minor problems, missing a shard, or a piece of leveling gear. Here's my story. I'm running SP on my DC. Hate the place, but need that T2 helm. Everything is going fine, it's a greed run. A greed run is where everyone hits the greed button, no matter what the item is. Miracle Healers Helm, set piece, drops. BoE, Bind on Equip. I roll on the boots, worth 20k, I win them. I'm pumped, I'm on a roll, I could press need and ninja this helm. Hell, why not be that guy? On my shard it's worth 1.6M. I think about it, no. I'm not "that guy". I press Greed. Look at the default log, hmmmm. That's weird, it doesn't show that I pressed greed. It doesn't show that I pressed anything.... Wait about a minute. I "passed". So did everyone else in the party. The loot is just lying there, on the ground. Anyone can grab it. TR grabs it, logs off. See it on the AH for 1.6M the next day, sold in 20 minutes.
  • briangkbriangk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    I rolled pass on a Fallen Dragon Quillion Fragment :(. This issue was pushed to the devs for a fix for the new year some time.

Hopefully they also got the note about loot order. Such a pain rolling a pass when there was a green (always have ppl looting them when boss is dead) and now its an epic i passed on because the item i was rolling on changed
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bug is still here.

It happens when a previous item gets rolled on. This causes all the need/greed boxes still pending to disappear from view.