test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deleted Mail Tab Suggestion

prroximarprroximar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I want to suggest adding a "deleted" or "trash" mail tab for the mail box. Accidental deletions happen all the time. This would be a big help to players since items are never restored. :mad: Mail in that tab could be literally deleted after a week or after a month. No more lost items from accidental deletion. :cool:

Another option is to never allow mail with items attached to be deleted. This could cause headaches for players with full inventories though.

(Is this the correct forum for suggestions/feedback of this type?)
Member of
Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
Post edited by prroximar on

Comments

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also a sent folder too or at least confirmation message. I'd also like to make custom folders for organisation too D:
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    prroximar wrote: »
    Another option is to never allow mail with items attached to be deleted. This could cause headaches for players with full inventories though.

I'd rather have that than lose items I do want. It's not hard to pawn a couple of things at a shop while you clean out your mailbox, then buy back the items afterward.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • devilshcooldevilshcool Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2013
    Can we have marked mail, so that we can do a mass deletion of mails. It's takes a long time to delete hundred of mails every few days. :(
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've had mail get deleted by the bug where deleting when mail arrives causes the new message to be deleted, not the one you'd had selected.

I've had mail deleted by the bug where confirmation dialogues get offset and the game will ask you if you want to delete a message when you're switching characters or travelling somewhere. It's all-too-easy to just click through because you're expecting a confirmation anyway, and your brain catches up with reading what it actually said just a microsecond too late.

So yes, a temporary holding pen would save a lot of grief. Permanently delete things in there after a month just like real email does, but allow players to retrieve anything that ended up in the trash by accident.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • raeoflightraeoflight Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Also a sent folder too or at least confirmation message. I'd also like to make custom folders for organisation too D:

I would so love to have custom folders!!!!! I have some emails that i would like to keep and go over again but its so hard to find them among other emails when they all look alike... c.c

Would also like the "Trash" to.. Find myself almost deleting importent messages. Though sometimes i dont catch myself and i kick myself for it.. x.x
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wholeheartedly agree with adding a sent items and trash folder, as well as some ability to maintain an address book, and even perhaps custom filters. At a bare minimum, something akin to the buy-back tab should be implemented for deleted email attachments, (even if it only has a 24-hr retention time or so forth).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums