What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stox's PVE CW Thaum DPS guide

1235»

Comments

• l3xi55l3xi55 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It is,

I run with a CW that uses this, and he likes to do that. He'll run ahead, pad his numbers by starting to solo things before everyone else, and always wants to strike first and be the paingiver.

What he doesn't know is that it was never the build in the first place, it was his agressiveness. And he's a very skilled player. Because I actually played this build before, and have moved on to other builds which more damage potential for the way I actually play.

I once reconfigured my char with the exact same build as him and ran with him just to see if it was his build....
    ...it wasn't... and he never knew.

In fact my actual damage went down.

Its a great build though, and I do recommend it to newbies. It is definitely an established one. And it doesn't actually require much in terms of know how or tactics to still utilize. The nice thing about Thaum builds vs Renegade builds is that they take much less skill to actually play. You don't have to worry about as much about positioning, you don't have to worry about combat advantage. You can just stand in the back and nuke things without really doing much and it will STILL work for you. And it will still give you good sustained damage. Eventually you'll learn the tricks of the trade and get better, but this is definitely a good starting point.

I tend to run ahead too and pull/nuke. Not because I care about being pain giver but because I am just an impatient person. lol.

I played some MMOs where you would have to let the tank pull 1 or 2 mobs at a time and if you pull any more it is a wipe. So far none of the content in NW is like that. That is part of the draw to me. It's fun to gather up 20-30 mobs at a time and nuke em all down.
    I agree that is probably what causes me to be #1 paingiver 90% of the time. While the rest of the group is still looting I am already onto the next pack and completed my first rotation before they even get into range. This is while using Grimah's build.
  • ulrenulren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Curious, Im using the smiting nefarious rings(and neck, The 240 power ones I believe) currently. Am I nerfing my damage output (and by proxy gearscore) by not upgrading to the pyro rings?
  • archsinner81archsinner81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    l3xi55 wrote: »
    I tend to run ahead too and pull/nuke. Not because I care about being pain giver but because I am just an impatient person. lol.

I played some MMOs where you would have to let the tank pull 1 or 2 mobs at a time and if you pull any more it is a wipe. So far none of the content in NW is like that. That is part of the draw to me. It's fun to gather up 20-30 mobs at a time and nuke em all down.
    I agree that is probably what causes me to be #1 paingiver 90% of the time. While the rest of the group is still looting I am already onto the next pack and completed my first rotation before they even get into range. This is while using Grimah's build.

I think is the reason why, GF and Tr are pretty much crying nerf to the CW.
    If they are to add high resist CC mobs, where each type of cc will only work once or with diminishing return, even with different CW. Will be GG for CW soon.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ulren wrote: »
    Curious, Im using the smiting nefarious rings(and neck, The 240 power ones I believe) currently. Am I nerfing my damage output (and by proxy gearscore) by not upgrading to the pyro rings?

If your arp and crit are where you want them, then those accessories are the best for damage. Nothing beats power for upping damage once you have your other stats balanced out, and if you use eots, your crit should be the least of your worries. Btw gs is just a number that has very little to do with optimum performance.
  • cprncprn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    del /10 chars
  • seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    limeye3 wrote: »
    Stox is the #1 pve CW without doubt ;p

Never ran with him (stox) before but if you had the privilege of running with Pestilence, you might think otherwise and he uses a hybrid build, which I'm not really sure on feats because he has never disclosed his build but did confirm that never fully taking any specific tree. I have ran with a lot of high end CWs but still, no one ever comes close to Pestilence that I have seen in many CN runs.
  • okanb3okanb3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sorry to bump but will there any updates to this guide?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    okanb3 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump but will there any updates to this guide?

Not by OP, he is no longer with this game
  • kappernakisskappernakiss Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stox. Would love to see an update guide for module 4. Or possibly your thoughts on any changes that you would suggest to the build and rotation. Thank you.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stox. Would love to see an update guide for module 4. Or possibly your thoughts on any changes that you would suggest to the build and rotation. Thank you.

Hey Kappernakiss, stox and I talk when he logs on. He's not playing that much - which i know for a fact.

My guess is his build would look a lot like enko's build.

However, many high end CWs are not quite as glass cannon as those builds anymore. More durability for ELOL or shortmanning dungeons.

I'd say for now, feel free to read my guides and I hope stox will log on to answer you.

Hope that helps,

Chem