test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to assign Power/Feats/Attribute points

dortialthemagedortialthemage Member Posts: 23 Arc User
So I am playing the new HR character on the test server, and I hit level 50, and was unable to assign points into my power/feats/attributes. I can click the power, and it highlights on the right, showing me what the upgraded ability would be, and I can click the button to advance it, but it still shows my points as having not been spent. The same holds true to the feats/attributes. I went ahead and tried to level again, just to see if this would auto correct itself somehow, and I am now level 52 and have not been able to assign any points, and have them stay, to power/feats/attributes.

It has been suggested that I try a RESPEC token, since they are free, but they no longer seem to be available on the test server, and I don't have the AD to buy them either.

Was wondering if anyone else had come across this issue, and how it might have been resolved. I did submit a bug report and requested assistance through the in game GM's, but no reply's from either, other than the automated system telling me the bug report had been received.

I originally posted this in the wrong forum, so I copied it over here, to see if that might help me get an answer. I am now level 55 and have 6 power/feat points to spend and my attribute points from level 50.

I know that other players have reached 60 with the HR, so it has to be a random bug. I know that i gained my experience to hit level 50 when i did the praying at a campfire. Not sure if that information is helpful or not, but i have never gained a level doing that before, and i figured that it couldn't hurt to mention it.

Other than this bug, the HR has been a joy to play. I have to give credit to the team that put this class together, as I have always enjoyed playing the archer when ever an MMO gave me the opportunity. I look forward to December 5th, when i can start playing the character on the real server.
Post edited by dortialthemage on

Comments

• kartaekartae Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm having the same issue today with a new HR character(level 5) she can't buy powers.
  • gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited November 2013
    Same here - I've also posted it in the HR-thread.
  • dortialthemagedortialthemage Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The big hope now would be that they put the respec tokens back in the test server so that we can test them to see if it fixes the bug.
  • splattysplatty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had a lv8 HR so just tested it, at lv9 I could not spend the power point, at lv10 I could not spend the two points until I spent the two Heroic points I had received for Feats, then powers could then be set. Now at lv11 same deal, set the feat then set the power.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    splatty wrote: »
    I had a lv8 HR so just tested it, at lv9 I could not spend the power point, at lv10 I could not spend the two points until I spent the two Heroic points I had received for Feats, then powers could then be set. Now at lv11 same deal, set the feat then set the power.

Same here except at levels 44 & 45, but the lockbox opened at level 45.
  • glorinenfendelglorinenfendel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hit level 50 and the same thing. I would like to think they would fix it so we can test the level 60 areas but am not sure they will do that for the preview server.
    edited November 2013
    It doesn't matter in which order i try to apply the points for power/feats/attributes, as I can apply the points but they don't actually save. I was hoping to be able to test high level context as well, however by not being able to fully level my characters power/feats it makes it much more difficult.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Other people have reported that this bug manifests when class changes are made to the ranger. One created after the changes would be fine, but ones that already existed are bugged like you describe.

Sorry I can't help more.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited November 2013
    Just turned Level 10 and could finally apply the points to my powers, *after* applying my first heroic feats...
  • zurniezurnie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I did a respec and it fixed my issue with this bug.
  • arkalsrarkalsr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hit level 40 on my HR, and was not able to assign my abilities, powers or feats. I hit level 41, same problem.
  • shaddowspawnshaddowspawn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi, level 47 HR.
    As the other peeps have said, assigning points to my HR doesn't 'stick', you can raise the ability/feat, but when you exit and reopen the character sheet, the powers have reverted to their previous incarnation :(
    edited November 2013
    6 points for power and feats unassigned, so i just decided to roll a new HR. As the free respec tokens have been removed from the test server, there is no way to verify if this will solve the issue with my level 55 HR.
  • vegasonevegasone Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 94
    edited November 2013
    Doing the zen respec works to fix this bug, but if you already used your free respec you may be out of luck. Try using AD to purchase the respec in the feats tab and see if that works.

It will all be a moot issue in one week :P
    edited November 2013
    Didn't have AD nor ZEN to purchase the respec tokens and the free ones are no longer available. With todays Patch however, all seems to be working just fine, Kudos to the DEV team on finding and fixing this bug before it went live.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Patch worked for me.