test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

#lootrant

heljspeheljspe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Whats your worse experince in the game?

I've had a few that have made me walk away from the game sometimes for days or weeks. Tonight was no exception, Im devastated at the players in the community and once again am at a loss of how these kind of people are out there?
Naming and Shaming isnt allowed on forums, but do you ever find yourself in a powerless situation, at the mercy of someone else's bad-behaviour?
I'm a DC btw. :p

My 2 faviourite I need to get of my chest are both Loot ninjas from CN - of which I STILL haven't won ANY gear.
One - Told it was a need run (I dont do greed, way to devastating when the thing your farming for comes up and rolls to someone who can't use it.). Got in, 4 hours later (great party. -.-) finish the final boss. Cleric Item I'm after drops, told I would be kicked if I didnt greed. CW won. Devastated. Offered to buy the item off him with a mix of gold, AD, and other epic items/shards, but he wasnt intersted. He just wanted the AD, and when it goes for way more then I ever have, or will, own, it's no wonder. Didnt hear from anyone in that party again, and it wasnt a guild run, Im not that silly. :p
Two - CN first boss, did the boss 5 times with the same group - each person gets one ring. Sounds great after all the trouble Ive been having with need/greed parties. Last run and I havnt won, so the ring is mine. Everyone's cool, all been pretty nice so far. Slavemasters of Control drops, another guy needs, wins, and when asked, offers to trade me back a priests burning light. When I called him out on it, he leaves the party and logs off.
Not quite clever enough, he logs in under a different character, and I try talking to him. Only speaks Russian. Ok - google translate. After a 10min convo of him saying he's angry cause he wanted the ring and I would have got it, and me telling him thats not how it works, he ignores me and the rest of his guild wont talk to me. =\
It could be another month before I get the chance at that same ring. I've been trying for it for 6 weeks and it's appeared twice and rolled to others. Can't afford the silly thing of course. :p

So - no faith in anyone atm. Devestated, kinda feel what's the point in playing. :( I'll remember how much I love the game later, but that seems like a distant memory atm. Even if you submit to a GM nothin' happens.

Let me know I'm not the only one - Who else has stories they need to get off their chest?
Post edited by heljspe on

Comments

• xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    @Heljspe - I'm not sure but i think you may need to look at this differently. 1. Guilds that regularly run CN are going to have a better shot at clean runs. If your not a part of a guild that does it, you are already at a disadvantage. 2. If you don't like being in a guild (which i normally don't) you are better off doing solo things that will allow you to quickly earn diamonds to purchase the rings or items you are looking for. The game is designed in that if you don't have an equal opportunity to roll for the item, just earn diamonds to purchase it. If the purchase price is too high then wait for it to drop a bit. If you see somebody selling something that you feel treated you inappropriately then don't buy from them. I think millions of people play this game so there is usually no shortage of items in the auction house. I have yet to set foot in CN because i refuse to deal with loot ninja's. I would rather spend my hour doing something that will earn me some AD. I am sorry you had some crappy experiences. I hope you enable yourself to get the gear you want. Take Care, StevenX
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh so you did have a chance to win roll the loot! I was kicked from party right before the random numbers scored.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes. I and three others was kicked from the party right after we killed the final boss in - Pirate King. Pirate King! There is nothing there that is of such immense value that it required kicking everyone else. So that didn't make me angry enough to quit - I just laughed a bit actually.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, as a regular CN runner:

- people come to CN to get AD, not to gear up. You come, you kill bosses, sell whatever you might win, buy whatever you might need. Basically nobody will accept you if you gonna need the last boss item for example and if you do, expect to be kicked if people notice.
    - there are 3 CWs in a party 90% of the times. If DC item drops off Draco, you win 100%. If CW item drops, I have a 33% chance to win. Because of this very reason, Need runs (at draco) are not fair for 3 party members, hence Greed/split are better
    - if you play more, you will make friends in the game. I met people that I play with for months now and I could trust them with the CN loot worth 500K AD+, they will sell and split. But to be honest, I know people that I have played 2-3 times with, and they are still honorable and we could split the AD without ninja worries, because good gamers have a certain reputation to keep. Add people that you know are good players and seem like a kind person to your friends list, invite them the next run, build lasting relations.

And yes, I have been ninjaed myself and I know how it is. Some people are complete scumbags and deserve to never touch an online game, they're ruining it for everybody else.
  • jackaddjackadd Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My only advice is: Never pug a dungeon in which you want to make AD from.

I only ever run CN with people I trust.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I farm 2+ MIL a week with leadership. Best part is it only takes me about 15 minutes twice a day to do it. Rest of the time I do what I want and don't need to worry about farming AD.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I farm 2+ MIL a week with leadership. Best part is it only takes me about 15 minutes twice a day to do it. Rest of the time I do what I want and don't need to worry about farming AD.

There is no way I would run enough accounts to make 2 mil a week from leadership.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Eh, that's 12 characters with their leadership maxed out. You can come really close to the refining cap on just 6 profession slots, but it's not so tough to get them all unlocked if you invest a little back in, and more slots means more dudes working away behind the scenes means more income. And if you don't mind investing a little back in, then you can also have them all under one account which makes managing the troops that much easier.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    tickdoff wrote: »
    There is no way I would run enough accounts to make 2 mil a week from leadership.

1 - Account - 18 Toons - Takes 45mins to 1 hour to level a character to level 11 and start leadership.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I will give you simple rules to live by since you seem to try and be an honorable team player.

1. never trust others to be as honorable as you. As such never agree to "Greed only" runs, most of the time you will get screwed by someone else. Need on what you need, greed or pass on everything else.

2. Be only as honorable as you can be without letting others use you. Do what I do, agree to their rules but then always roll last to see if the other players are keeping up with their rules, if I see someone else roll need, I roll need as well. At least then I can say I did it so that first scumbag wouldn't get everything.

Bottom line is, try as we might to play honorably, most players are only out for themselves so obeying the rules often means you'll end up on the short end of the stick. So you can continue to try and play fair and hope that it pays off and except that you'll most often lose out on that drop you really want or you can survive in a world full of thieves by playing by the thieves rule.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree with the "rolling last for loot" suggestion.

It does seem that there are quite a large number of players who roll "need" for loot that they don't really need, just to get the gear to sell on the AD.

It is a simple fix that the devs could seemingly do at any time: if a party member obtains loot by "need", then that loot is BoP. Because the idea is that if you really "need" it, you'll actually put it on and wear it. No more "needing" on blue belts when you have Epic T2 gear.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The only issue I have with greed runs in most dungeons is this. If I need it, Im going to tell the group prior to run that "hey if this drops im needing". (I only do this again if I need and is for the class im running the dungeon, I never try to get the group to pass on something that isn't for the class that im running the dungeon. If I need a helm for my DC im gonna run SP with my DC, not my GWF and then tell the group I need it for my DC while on my GWF) But the issue I have with greed runs (other than some bum ninjaing it), is the randomness of what drops for what class is random enough, why the heck do I want to add more RNG.

PS I only have needed something on a greed run once (told group prior I mean, I didn't need cause item didn't drop), the thing didn't drop but was for my class; I greeded and won, good karma for playing fair I suppose.

Also only experienced 1 pug where the people kicked after defeating boss. Was odd. The 2 who did the kicking only spoke in a foreign language most the time, so the rest of the group didn't know what they were talking about.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Could you please send me a name of that russian guy via pm?
    I am russian too and might talk to his clan leader since it's not ok-ok situation at all...

Never Needed anything in Greed runs myself. Lost count how many times I was kicked/booted/ninja'd in the dungeons though. Something needs to be done about it...like dissable party kicking after the party reached the last camp or defeated the boss?