test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New currency for every expansion and event?

maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
I'm wondering why it's necessary to make a new currency to take up space in the inventory for every new expansion and event.
Why not make them like some kind of points instead of, those that isn't trade able anyway?
It would make the overview of your currency so much easier
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I am inclined to agree. I think having these "currencies" is a bit overcomplicated and it would be much simpler and friendlier to use if all of the campaign currencies were simply a 'point' system within the campaign itself instead of physical, inventory cluttering objects.
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    that isnt going to sell any 10dollar bags now is it ? :)
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    that isnt going to sell any 10dollar bags now is it ? :)

Except that you can't buy bags to hold currencies...
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Yet.
    /10char
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Increasing the stack sizes to much larger amounts would go a long way to avoiding any space issues in the currency bag. As opposed to increasing the inventory size every module.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't mind the campaign currencies so much. But I wish they'd take them out of the general currency tab. And just use the campaign page to keep track of them instead.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Currency bag is being expanded to 60 slots. That should help, anyway.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Currency bag is being expanded to 60 slots. That should help, anyway.

I complained about this ridiculousness of so many currencies back in closed beta.
    Stop creating new currencies it's extremely ANNOYING.

Gold, Silver, Copper, Astral Diamonds, and Zen. Don't need anything else. It's just an absolute WASTE of developer time.
  • Options
    junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And make them "discardable".
    I still have some flower petals left that I can't discard!
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes it does complicate things but, every time they do something to add more currency, you always see patch notes that say, " Increased the stack amount of 'X' to X amount" or, "Increased the amount of currency slots to 'X' amount."

So they're clearly aware that space is an issue and they usually take small actions to prevent the bags from filling up to their max capacity.

EDIT: The reason why they keep adding new currencies to campaigns is so that you have to make progress in said campaign to be able to purchase Items/rewards from that campaign that you would only be able to get from that campaign.

For example: The "Potion of Red cap slaying" is purchased with a feywild currency.

It wouldn't make sense to do progress in the "Dread Ring" campaign to build up currency so you can purchase an item completely irrelevant to the campaign.

(Sorry if the post got a little hard to follow)
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!