test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP is hard as a fresh 60

2»

Comments

• slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    In normal PVP skill overweights gear, u will probably never win if the other player is BIS rank 9+ perfects unless u are same gear level, none of my toon have more than 2.5m AD investment for enchants and gear, but still I rock hard with them, I can still beat player that are clearly much better geared than me from time to time, 1 v 1 with no help.

In pug game u don't need BIS, but if u wanna do high lvl game like 5v5 premade u have to have some perfect/greater and rank 7, otherwise it is really hard for u to contest.

There are classes that are simply easy to dominate in PVP, like a sent gwf, it is just really cost effective and dummy proof, same goes with gf depending on ur build and how u cope with that class.
    TR is also good if ur main goal is stabbing cws and non-pvp spec dcs. all u need is a normal vorpal then u can trash them really hard. Ofc u will lose if u meet some good ones, but rarely u will.
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lack of class balance
    And no pvp ranking
    Is why it's a joke
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    What if they give players that turn 60 a 5 day buff to their character so they can perform better in pvp and pve to match others until they get geared up a bit?
  • kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Run DD, do GG, buy AD, learn good, cheap, gear. All solutions to losing in PvP. I can gear out a CW that could hold his own with 200K AD and Glory gear.

You are all going to have to accept the fact that you are new to high end PvP and you are going to suck until you figure it out. Do you go to the NBA, group with a bunch of random people who have never played basketball, and then expect to beat the Spurs?

That being said, they really do need a matchmaking system, but until then, stop crying and get better like everyone who is now killing you did :)
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Or just don't play PVP. Just enjoy the PVE experience. That is after all the principal focus of this game.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Join a guild. Run some DD. Get some gear. Run PVP with guild. Get some gear and pvp experience.

Doesn't take long when you are running with laid back folks who view this game as a hobby and not a job.
  • erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    balance at 60 pvp is none existing its the worst part of the game at this point, which says a lot :(
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I still really don't get how pvp for "new" level 60's is so impossible". Yes it is hard, it should be hard. You are often playing against skilled players with good gear. So get some skill and get some gear. Check the auction house regularly, search for blue and purple gear and "expires in" as well as just blanket searches. You'll find good deals. Spend that glory on gear. Do epic dungeons. Don't slack and expect pvp wins to be handed to you the way pve wins were all the way up to level 60.

Also, I don't care how god someones gear is, if they are not back capping, I they consistently fight off-node, if they fail to contest and so , they are going to lose.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    overddrive wrote: »
    I still really don't get how pvp for "new" level 60's is so impossible". Yes it is hard, it should be hard. You are often playing against skilled players with good gear. So get some skill and get some gear.

Nope. It shouldn't be "hard". It should be "challenging". Fresh 60s should NOT me matched against "skilled players with good gear", they should be matched against other newbies. If they win... when they win, and start improving, they should be matched against others in the same bracket. And so on.

Skilled players with good gear should take on other skilled players with good gear. They should never be able to fight against people that are basically 10-15 levels below them in stats, not to mention armor/weapon enchants and so on.
  • terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2013
    Just wait till this game has some real pvp. At the moment it's something.. stupid and boring.