test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I inform someone that their quest might be broken?

grom5674grom5674 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in The Foundry
Hello all:

I tried my first Foundry Quest tonight. The short of it is, I was to use a key to open a door, very early in the quest. I got the key, had it in my inventory, but the door would not open. It kept telling me I needed the key.

Needless to say, I had to quit the quest, then found out I could not comment or review the quest, since I had quit instead of finishing it. I tried to look up the maker via the search for player thing, but as all I have is the @name, that was a no go. So how do I get in touch with the maker to let them know there is a problem?

Thanks for any help folks!
Post edited by grom5674 on

Comments

• grom5674grom5674 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Oh, and a silly question.... Why is the same quest ranked with Red stars and gold stars? What's the difference?
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In game you can mail them using just the "@name" and it'll get to them.

Or, you can also PM (Private Message) them in the forums -- also using their "@name"
    The PM might be a better option 'cause you can leave them more descriptive details and they could cut-n-paste your remarks, suggestions into any "to do" list they might have for the quest.

Edit: Red stars and gold stars? If you mean two different "listings" for the same quest -- I think the red stars are probably the "featured" "copy" of the quests (probably says "featured" and might have a little ribbon somewhere as well).
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Eldarth! I'll PM the maker then.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    How can i switch the language of my foundry? Is there any option? Because in the search tab it is flagged as a language that i don't use in itself and so i maybe don't get any review. =(
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    In game you can mail them using just the "@name" and it'll get to them.

Or, you can also PM (Private Message) them in the forums -- also using their "@name"

Not everyone's forum name is the same as their in-game @handle though. If you can't clearly identify the author on the forum through posts, would be better to send a message in-game i think. My forum and in-game names do not match.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    The PM might be a better option 'cause you can leave them more descriptive details and they could cut-n-paste your remarks, suggestions into any "to do" list they might have for the quest.

Does this really work?

The stupid dumbassery way Cryptic/PWE has the system set-up I have three ( count 'em THREE) freaking "names" to keep track of: my account handle with password (obviously not allowed to state that one here), my FORUM handle (which you can see is "Angry Sprite" and my in-game @Handle, which is @Skytzyc.

Please test it: try to PM me in these forums addressed to @Skytzyc.

Not everyone has the same @Handle and Forum name. Those of us who were playing Cryptic games long before PWE acquired them will often have very different Forum names and @Handles.

Just an FYI.

to the OP: In-game mail to their @HANDLE works BEST and is most reliable because that user will get that email on all their alts. - INCLUDING their Star Trek Online and Champions Online alts (I get mixed email all the time and it's an awesome feature). i.e. I get Neverwinter mail while I'm leveling-up my new Romulan in STO. Just address the email only to the @Handle - without character names.
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll try the in-game mail option first.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Does this really work?

The stupid dumbassery way Cryptic/PWE has the system set-up I have three ( count 'em THREE) freaking "names" to keep track of: my account handle with password (obviously not allowed to state that one here), my FORUM handle (which you can see is "Angry Sprite" and my in-game @Handle, which is @Skytzyc.

Please test it: try to PM me in these forums addressed to @Skytzyc.

Not everyone has the same @Handle and Forum name. Those of us who were playing Cryptic games long before PWE acquired them will often have very different Forum names and @Handles.

Just an FYI.

to the OP: In-game mail to their @HANDLE works BEST and is most reliable because that user will get that email on all their alts.

. . . . . . You can sync your @handle to match your forum nickname using the option in the Cryptic Main Menu site. The only reason you'd be unable to do this is if someone already has your forum nickname as an @handle. You'd then need to ask that person to sync theirs, freeing up your forum nickname for syncing. My handle used to be @Captain Zebular until I synced it, now it is just @zebular.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . You can sync your @handle to match your forum nickname using the option in the Cryptic Main Menu site. The only reason you'd be unable to do this is if someone already has your forum nickname as an @handle. You'd then need to ask that person to sync theirs, freeing up your forum nickname for syncing. My handle used to be @Captain Zebular until I synced it, now it is just @zebular.

Heh, hard to do if you don't know the person with your handle. If they even still play. If they don't LOL when you ask them to change their name so you can take it.

As said by others in game mail works best.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There's another problem -- if the target isn't on the same server, sending them mail won't work.

And the system won't tell you this.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    There's another problem -- if the target isn't on the same server, sending them mail won't work.

Not really a problem anymore.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zahinder wrote: »

Not really a problem anymore.

Yeah, if you forgot or just didn't know... They combined the servers a while back. We are all on the same server now.

*I think one thing that is missed in this is that players shouldn't have to figure out how to do this. Whenever you cancel a quest you get a pop-up stating that you can't review it. Would be nice if this pop-up had an option to leave hidden & unrated feedback for the author.

Put such feedback in a list attached to the quest that the author can scroll through. Then the author could see what problems other players are having that are stopping them from finishing their quests.*
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR