test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ardent Items. Bound?

maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I can see some of the things are BoE but some, like the angle doesn't say BoE. I'm wondering if it is BoP?
I'm still have some months to go, before I can get the angle, but I'm not sure what char I want it on and I don't want to spend my AC's before I'm sure.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately for whatever reason you can't see whether companions are BoE or BoP before picking them up. It is likely BoE but we won't know until someone buys one. You can however do the buying on the preview server to check once you get the needed coins.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Unfortunately for whatever reason you can't see whether companions are BoE or BoP before picking them up. It is likely BoE but we won't know until someone buys one. You can however do the buying on the preview server to check once you get the needed coins.

Yes, unfortunately companion tooltips are not specific.

That said, the only companions so far that are BoP are any that are account-wide unlocks (can't sell because player can claim infinite) and the ones which are bought with currency where all purchases are BoP (glory, seals).

It is likely that the angel will be BoE, like other items in the shop (except seals), but you can test first.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, unfortunately companion tooltips are not specific.

That said, the only companions so far that are BoP are any that are account-wide unlocks (can't sell because player can claim infinite) and the ones which are bought with currency where all purchases are BoP (glory, seals).

It is likely that the angel will be BoE, but you can test first.

IIRC the Wererat Thief is an unfortunate overlooked misapplication of the BoP rule for seal vendors and the devs were going to change it...or am I making stuff up? Could swear I read it in some thread but can't recall where it was.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It was in the patch notes some time ago when they changed both the wererat thief and the glory vendor's jagged dancing blade.

They were not changed at the same time as other seal and glory items, so there was hue and cry from people who had still been buying them to trade/sell/give to alts in the intervening weeks. Anyone who had them in their bag or bank or unsold on the AH ended up stuck with them, possibly multiples.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    It was in the patch notes some time ago when they changed both the wererat thief and the glory vendor's jagged dancing blade.

They were not changed at the same time as other seal and glory items, so there was hue and cry from people who had still been buying them to trade/sell/give to alts in the intervening weeks. Anyone who had them in their bag or bank or unsold on the AH ended up stuck with them, possibly multiples.

I just ran into this issue yesterday. I wanted to make some room in my guild bank and I decided to move 4 Wererat Thieves to an alt. Once I picked them up I was stuck with them. The sad thing is I knew all about the BOP change when it was made but I was in a hurry to clear out the bank and totally forgot all about it. I left them in the guild bank on purpose so any character that needed one could grab it from there. Now they are vendor trash and I got a whole 94 copper each (sold 3). BOP strikes again. LOL.