test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How is this possible?

snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok, im not a PvPer, I do it for the daily. That said, I take my dirt naps with pride, I don't get all pissy over getting killed by a better player or even by a lesser player. It is what is. But thne I saw this happen today and I just see no way that its possible, I got hit by 2 dailies from the same player in 4 moves......can someone explain how this is possible?

[IMG][/img]d60c48c3-d7a0-4a58-92eb-d3a88e04dd8f_zps4403de18.jpg

Edit: changed the original pic to remove the names. I have no intent to accuse the other player of exploiting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    Hacks, maybe.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Were you using a Barkshield enchantment? I've noticed some odd, unnecessary 0s floating around when attacking players who have no Bolstered Bark charges left.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok, this specific example is weird because of the "gives 0 Hit Points" part.
    However, there is a bug where daily's recharge instantly after use sometimes. It happens on all classes. I do not know if there is an exploit to cause it to happen, but I have never seen it abused in PvP before. It is just a random transient bug maybe.
  • Options
    rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    I do not know if there is an exploit to cause it to happen, but I have never seen it abused in PvP before. It is just a random transient bug maybe.

So, basically, Tymora did it?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    Were you using a Barkshield enchantment? I've noticed some odd, unnecessary 0s floating around when attacking players who have no Bolstered Bark charges left.

no, I have no enchants other then r6s, T1 pvp gear, t2 weapon/knot, GWF. 10k GS.
    izatar wrote: »
    Ok, this specific example is weird because of the "gives 0 Hit Points" part.
    However, there is a bug where daily's recharge instantly after use sometimes. It happens on all classes. I do not know if there is an exploit to cause it to happen, but I have never seen it abused in PvP before. It is just a random transient bug maybe.

The only thing I can think happened for the 0 dmg was either I hit unstoppable at the moment or maybe I was already dead when they hit the 2nd SE.

As for this bug that recharges dailys...... I'd love it have happen to me just once on any of my toons. I've never seen it or heard about it before. But if a bug is all it was then so be it, im fine with it. If it was some kind of exploit, that's a whole other story.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is no such thing as a "recharged" Daily, lol.

What is happening in that scenario is that all actions are actually Client requests to the Server. The Server has to acknowledge and accept them. So, it can happen that a Client will start the animation for the Daily and the Server will eventually respond "nope, you were just out of range" or some bs excuse for it not to land, so you get most (sometimes all) of the animation but it has no impact on the target and your AP is not drained. Thus, you get the chance to try your Daily again.

The only thing I am not 100% certain about is how that appears in logs, either for yourself or your target. I would have expected it to have zero impact on logs because the target has to respond in some way, even if it lands with 0.

Either way, since the order of hits in the OP's case is reversed, i.e. he got hit by the true Daily first, I suspect there's an entirely different mechanic going on here. Probably something to do with immunities or lag due to the 0 damage.

The only exploitable bug at level 60 that used to exist in the game that I can remember was being able to do two different dailies at once. It required very tight timing and was not possible with all dailies. There has never been a way to chain the same daily other than in legitimate ways (especially GF class since they gain large AP from just being attacked).

You should post this in the bug section and maybe a designer could give feedback.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    You should post this in the bug section and maybe a designer could give feedback.

Maybe I will but I figured I'd ask the players first since they seem to know more about this game then the devs do.

On a side note, I do remember seeing both animations which is what made me check the log to make sure I wasn't crazy.
  • Options
    vegasonevegasone Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 94
    edited October 2013
    snotty wrote: »
    Ok, im not a PvPer, I do it for the daily. That said, I take my dirt naps with pride, I don't get all pissy over getting killed by a better player or even by a lesser player. It is what is. But thne I saw this happen today and I just see no way that its possible, I got hit by 2 dailies from the same player in 4 moves......can someone explain how this is possible?

If you start watching your combat log long enough, you'll notice that when you kill other players you give 0 hit points to them. When they kill you, they give 0 hit points to you.

It's just something that the combat log records, no big deal. I see it all the time. There are no double dailies being performed here. Move on from this thread please.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    vegasone wrote: »
    If you start watching your combat log long enough, you'll notice that when you kill other players you give 0 hit points to them. When they kill you, they give 0 hit points to you.

It's just something that the combat log records, no big deal. I see it all the time. There are no double dailies being performed here. Move on from this thread please.

ok, except that I actually saw the animation for Shocking Execution happen twice and I don't mean like in a lag type thing. I mean he hit me with it, I fought back a lil bit, he ran away, came back then he hit me with it again. As I stated in the post above yours, it was seeing it happen twice that made me check the log.

And for the record, as of right now, I am not saying this guy cheated or used an exploit or anything like that, for all I know this could very well be just some crazy bug/glitch that allowed this to happen. Im not upset about it at all, Im just curious as to how it happened.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . . I'm not sure, if you feel a bug is at work here, let me know and I'll move this to bug reports. I removed the image though, as it contains a player's name and even though you're not directly accusing them of anything, it could purvey a sense of wrong-doing and we have a strict "No naming & shaming" policy that this would unfortunately fall under. Feel free to replace what I removed with an edited image, names removed. Thanks!
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can't see image but could an AP pot(s) contribute to this? Unsure on all dailies and CD's, whatever the quickest CD possible maybe, perhaps combined with 4 AP pots (I think 4)?
  • Options
    astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually, do move this to bugs, and put it what is at issue here.

Timings and priority. Now that the server is upgraded, and hopefully soon smoothed out, the game REALLY needs looked at for mechanics.

1. Dailies should ALWAYS land first, and for the most part can not be avoided. Yes this mean looking at some issues like say, no your dodge block or teleport DOES NOT get to avoid my crescendo leap.

2. Encounters should not go off if target is not in range. Right now it does and you get a server error. Also look at the timing on these. I believe a dodge block or teleport will negate these during the animation. That is questionable and a tough one to decide whats best. Its about when do you count it at start of animation or the end.

3 At will should be subservient to all other actions.
  • Options
    astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ukspawn wrote: »
    Can't see image but could an AP pot(s) contribute to this? Unsure on all dailies and CD's, whatever the quickest CD possible maybe, perhaps combined with 4 AP pots (I think 4)?

Oooh - that begs the question are these pots exploitable like the Rejuv then. I dont know, havnt used one. At a minimum they should have the 12 second cooldown which the rejuv didnt.