test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GS does Not equal experience...

13»

Comments

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    kaoswp wrote: »
    I've explained it so many times that I have gotten good at it lol

I could not contain my rage xD I get sick of people demanding that the game be tailored to fit EXACTLY how they want it /:

I agree, that kind of people act like they are humble and just want to have fun while they actually want everyone to use THEIR own perspective of having fun and not only that, they also assume that whoever oppose their "logic" as a "high GS scrub with no skill". It is sad and funny at the same time :p.
  • rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    He wasn't asking that the game tailor to his playstyle. He was asking for people to stop judging expertise based on GS, which I agree with.

Instead of GS, people should base a person's ability on scores - that the game records keep and SHOULD make available to all. As in, a percentage of success based on a variety of factors using scores as data.

--

PvP, in no matter what game, is still the same in one way: A slaughterfest where you can respawn without penalty and where gear > experience due to B2W or some similar function.

The problem presented in this thread is that such a system - the equipment > skill system - is the bane of players that have actual skill. You don't HAVE to have great gear to do great in PvP - but in a broken system like the one we have here, not only does gear give too great an advantage, you also can't get in without a certain GS - which is WRONG.
  • kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    rezlez wrote: »
    He wasn't asking that the game tailor to his playstyle. He was asking for people to stop judging expertise based on GS, which I agree with.

Instead of GS, people should base a person's ability on scores - that the game records keep and SHOULD make available to all. As in, a percentage of success based on a variety of factors using scores as data.

--

PvP, in no matter what game, is still the same in one way: A slaughterfest where you can respawn without penalty and where gear > experience due to B2W or some similar function.

The problem presented in this thread is that such a system - the equipment > skill system - is the bane of players that have actual skill. You don't HAVE to have great gear to do great in PvP - but in a broken system like the one we have here, not only does gear give too great an advantage, you also can't get in without a certain GS - which is WRONG.

^I would 100% agree with this is they came out with a way to track performance in dungeons that you have already done :)

Problem is that most people will always go off of GS /: Because that is just how people are. Also, PWE wants us to judge based off of gear so it encourages people to spend money.
    rezlez wrote: »
    but in a broken system like the one we have here, not only does gear give too great an advantage, you also can't get in without a certain GS - which is WRONG.

This is bogus, honestly. Gear helps you A LOT. I would LOVE to go against a 9k gs CW and see how that goes :)
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    I agree, that kind of people act like they are humble and just want to have fun while they actually want everyone to use THEIR own perspective of having fun and not only that, they also assume that whoever oppose their "logic" as a "high GS scrub with no skill". It is sad and funny at the same time :p.

There seems to be too many of the people who want everyone to use their own perspective of having fun and anyone who disagrees with them is "taking it personally", "cheating", "a high GS scrub", or an "exploiter".:( *shakes his head*
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • afriellafriell Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    lol

PVP in this games was never meant to be a fair thing P2P players will allways have advantage and its normal that happens....

What seems to be a problem, at least in some scale, are the difference betwen classes, ofc we are used to see CW having more kills in PVP/PVE etc etc and we wonder why lol..... Well we cannot make all classes DPS either, anyway i see alot of DPS players bragging about their doing all the damage and bla bla bla, ppl often forget that they are allowed to make damage because some guy is tanking all the mobs and yes doing little damage.

Yes this game offers every possibility for F2P players also wich is good because we dont see it very often in the so called F2P mmos..
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! More gear is better than less gear. More skill is better than less skill. What they want is someone who is good AND has good gear. There is no number determining skill, so they filter idiots based off of GS. If you don't want to be filtered out, get better gear. If you don't want to get better gear, QQ and play alone.

Welcome to MMOs man. Glad I could explain the basics of it all :D

I agree that alot of people work off of this basis. It does seem to be an MMO standard.

I have no problem not being grouped with those same people.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Game needs a +reputation/skill system where other party members can vote on your rep/skill and add a +1/etc. at the end of a dungeon. Or simply a page which displays the amount of successful runs of x dungeon. GS means nothing when you compare to skill. I was outdpsing 11k/12k CWs when my CW was 8.7k GS with no enchant. I've also seen some extremely dumb players with 11k/12k GS who really have no idea how to play their class.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is no number determining skill, so they filter idiots based off of GS.

No, what they do is filter numbers, which has nothing to do with filtering idiots.

In any case, it is a far better approach to find people to play with through other means, such as finding a good guild, than presenting yourself for evaluation to someone that judges you solely via a number that may have nothing to do with your ability.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    I agree that alot of people work off of this basis. It does seem to be an MMO standard.

I have no problem not being grouped with those same people.

Getting better gear is valuable, up to a point. That point is where you can do what you want to do with the gear you have. Anything beyond that point will probably provide less benefit to the player than spending their time and effort on some other aspect of game play.
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! More gear is better than less gear. More skill is better than less skill. What they want is someone who is good AND has good gear. There is no number determining skill, so they filter idiots based off of GS. If you don't want to be filtered out, get better gear. If you don't want to get better gear, QQ and play alone.

Welcome to MMOs man. Glad I could explain the basics of it all :D
    On the one hand, you are right.
    On the other hand...Maybe - just maybe - you miss some significant point about dungeon runs :) Like T1 sets are designed to be enough for T2 runs. Yet T1 may not give 12k+ gs. But it aint mean that the player wearing it to grind for T2 sets is bad.
    I actually see lots of people with high gs and low skill. By demanding particular gs - how do you distinguish between those who do have skill and those who just bought it from AH? ;)

The solution to this issue is finding a good guild imho. Nothing helped me more.
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sadly, GS does tell things. I failed 4 of my last 5 dungeons teaming with PUGs. 9k GS players simply are not prepared for the difficulty of an epic dungeon. Yes there might be some who are expereinced as the toon is not their main, but these people tend to gear up quite quickly. So when a PUG has an average GS of 9k, you can bet that there are some who can't face the challenge and are still learning the ropes. One fo them can be broght along ... 4 of them will make you fail at final boss. These are the ones who simply quit after 1-2 wipes. So yes, the required GS for entrance in dungeons is too low. 8300 ??? Make it 10200. 9200 ? Make it 12000. Some will say, how can I get that if I am not allowed in dungeons ... simple. You get the epic PvP gear, or you farm Sharandar. Do PvP, PVE dailies, get AD, buy those rank 6 enchants, fill up every slot, there you go, 12k gs. It is not that hard to get it.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sortof wrote: »
    Sadly, GS does tell things. I failed 4 of my last 5 dungeons teaming with PUGs. 9k GS players simply are not prepared for the difficulty of an epic dungeon. Yes there might be some who are expereinced as the toon is not their main, but these people tend to gear up quite quickly. So when a PUG has an average GS of 9k, you can bet that there are some who can't face the challenge and are still learning the ropes. One fo them can be broght along ... 4 of them will make you fail at final boss. These are the ones who simply quit after 1-2 wipes. So yes, the required GS for entrance in dungeons is too low. 8300 ??? Make it 10200. 9200 ? Make it 12000. Some will say, how can I get that if I am not allowed in dungeons ... simple. You get the epic PvP gear, or you farm Sharandar. Do PvP, PVE dailies, get AD, buy those rank 6 enchants, fill up every slot, there you go, 12k gs. It is not that hard to get it.
    As you said yourself, not the gear was the problem, but their inexperience. 12 GS is not as easy to get as you may think, not for all the classes. But tell me this: what's the difference between an inexperienced player with 8300GS and another inexperienced player with 12000GS? There is no difference. They both don't know what powers to use and how to use them or how to react in different situations. More damage and more defense don't make a better player. Is the knowledge that makes you a better player and GS itself tells nothing about that. GS only helps if you are already a good player, it doesn't make a good player.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • magnusvanguardmagnusvanguard Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Quick reply is a useless bit of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • magnusvanguardmagnusvanguard Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Quick reply is a useless bit of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)