Install Arc
Options

OMG! A nerf thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    crescendo can be interrupted like SE, both take crazy timing to do it, and luck to have a cc ability without cooldown, and has to do it at same time target use these abilities.
    I was fighting a rogue other day, and i used takedown when he was about to use SE. he got proned, however he still used it after stand up. so if rogue gets cced, he wont waste his daily? cuz if you are cced while trying to use crescendo you lose your daily. I dont have rogue this why i am asking.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    crescendo can be interrupted like SE, both take crazy timing to do it, and luck to have a cc ability without cooldown, and has to do it at same time target use these abilities.
    I was fighting a rogue other day, and i used takedown when he was about to use SE. he got proned, however he still used it after stand up. so if rogue gets cced, he wont waste his daily? cuz if you are cced while trying to use crescendo you lose your daily. I dont have rogue this why i am asking.

No he doesn't waste it unless it goes off. I know the pain of GWF, I probably lose 50% of the crescendo's I do lol. As I said before though I have done knockdown out of the first SE, then when he got up he tried again and I flourished him out of the 2nd one, then I hit avalanche of steel knowing he would do it again and he wasted it on me doing 0 damage while I was up in the air.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    No those abilities can't be dodged lol. You are unable to dodge icy rays, whirlwind of blades, crescendo sometimes depends on how buggy it is being, and GF daily you can dodge the first hit but then 2nd one get you and knocks you prone.

Since it takes them over twice as long to build AP vs. other classes the least they can do is have a daily that can't be instantly and very easily negated (even though it still can be by an intelligent player that knows how to CC...)

Everyone one of those abilities can be physically dodged.

I have countless videos showing it.

@gannicus. Its buggy man...very very buggy, more often then not when I'm cc'd while using shocking, I lose all my AP. Its so completely random though I have no idea exactly when it does happen. In fights with multiple players in close proximity is when I've seen it bug out the most. Where I've used it on people not even being CC'd, and it did 0 damage and took all my AP. Even looking in the combat log, nothing..like it never happened
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    edit. Double post
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    edit. Double post

Icy rays cannot be dodged, you will 100% of the time be rooted in place whether you dodge or not. Whirlwind of blades - if you are inside the circle when he starts the animation you will take damage during a dodge even if you dodge outside the range as it goes off. Crescendo and GF daily are a little buggy, they are hit and miss.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    WTF am I reading

I think your reading a post from somone who is saying if you don't pay any attention to whats going on you can get hit with any daily.....at least thats all I got out of it.
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Lets nerf everything. No dailys or encounters in pvp
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    To those saying TRs build AP slow....try using Bait and Switch in anything but pre-made vs pre-made.
    Massive amounts of free AP there waiting for the taking.
    So if your saying that a rogue that bypasses the biggest AP generator there is in arena has bad AP gain, you would be right.

P.S. CWs don't build the kind of AP in PVP that they build in PVE when using AOE encounters against stacks of mobs ;)

P.S.P.S. Icy Rays can be dodged. the first hit doesn't root you, the 2nd one does. If you dodge between the 2 it misses. There is a small cd (maybe 1 sec) between ativating the 1st tick and being able to activate the 2nd tick - that being said its not uncommon for the first tick to get set, 3 more encouters to get loaded, and then the final tick to get used.
  • Options
    srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    To those saying TRs build AP slow....try using Bait and Switch in anything but pre-made vs pre-made.
    Massive amounts of free AP there waiting for the taking.
    So if your saying that a rogue that bypasses the biggest AP generator there is in arena has bad AP gain, you would be right.

P.S. CWs don't build the kind of AP in PVP that they build in PVE when using AOE encounters against stacks of mobs ;)

P.S.P.S. Icy Rays can be dodged. the first hit doesn't root you, the 2nd one does. If you dodge between the 2 it misses. There is a small cd (maybe 1 sec) between ativating the 1st tick and being able to activate the 2nd tick - that being said its not uncommon for the first tick to get set, 3 more encouters to get loaded, and then the final tick to get used.

Smart players dont touch the BnS Dummy.... for that reason alone is why end games rogues do not use BnS UNLESS it is a stealth build

Edit: I am now the 6th person to tell you. Icy Rays cannot be dodged.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can also just run away from IR once you see the sign on you and wait for it to expire. If you're out of range, they won't be able to get the dmg shot on you. Also if you hide it's still good. Even hiding between party members id OK to make it hard on the CW to get both casts on you for bonus dmg. Also, everything that slows the 2nd cast is also great, as RoE/HV will probably expire on you and EotS will expire on the CW, hence you might be able to survive it.

So try to delay.
  • Options
    athro420athro420 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kaoswp wrote: »
    You can dodge SE but you have about a .5 second window. Also, TRs are not OP.

I am a debuff CW. I can use EF, them Ice Knife for 24k and kill a TR. You're telling me that is fine but SE isn't?

OMG TY! Rogue's are fast, hit hard, sneaky, AND SQUISHY, my rogue is geared with the t2 pvp gear and I get killed in two shots many times, Clerics tank and heal and buff/debuff and CAN hit hard and dot what takes stealth away fast, CW are glass cannons also but they at least can kite you from far and KO a rogue easily as well, Tanks stun lock the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of you and some hit like freight trains and take no dmg, then you have a GWF who hits like a truck heals like a cleric runs like a cheetah stuns very well. when it comes down to it , imo iv played every class so far up to 60 and they can all kill each other. PVP is again just imo purely gear based, i mean like a tank or cleric who doesn't even have to dodge just has to mash buttons, the OP people i play as i am more casual definitely make the game unenjoyable probably why i went from 5 hrs a day playing it to only 30 mins if that. it would be nice if you were at least put into a match based on your GS.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    srdjana2 wrote: »
    Smart players dont touch the BnS Dummy.... for that reason alone is why end games rogues do not use BnS UNLESS it is a stealth build

Edit: I am now the 6th person to tell you. Icy Rays cannot be dodged.

No you are the first person to respond to my only post (till now) in this thread.
    And I am telling you that you are wrong. (as both the user & dodger of Icy Rays)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No you are the first person to respond to my only post (till now) in this thread.
    And I am telling you that you are wrong. (as both the user & dodger of Icy Rays)

I have played CW since first week of open beta and have never had a single icy rays dodged, is there 1 milisecond of a window that you can somehow sneak past? Also how many times have you observed this? If there is indeed a way to dodge it then it's still LESS able to be dodged than SE b/c you can out range it and have it fizzle.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    There isn't much of an animation on Icy. Best thing I can tell you is if you see the first mark come in , dodge. By the time the first mark hits you, they are probably already spamming for the 2nd mark which is coming off CD & initiates the damage.
    This will not help you if it is done as an Icy setup, encounter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, Icy 2nd tick. I don't know of a good option to dodge that other than luck & that you can count on them using the 2nd tick as soon as the other encounters are activated. lt can be dodged, but might be a bit of luck in it.
  • Options
    astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kaoswp wrote: »
    You can dodge SE but you have about a .5 second window. Also, TRs are not OP.

I am a debuff CW. I can use EF, them Ice Knife for 24k and kill a TR. You're telling me that is fine but SE isn't?

heh I was reading through the posts to see what was said. SECONDED, dodging SE on rogue is easy - if you cant learn to do it your 1v1 rogue fights are gonna kill you. And post nerf, I never see a SE do a one shot - even a 50% shot against most.

Ice Knife? Thanks for the comment here. Ice Knife cant miss do to auto target of CW. Rogue can miss his SE do to bad timing and melee range issues (dont get the 40' comment - sound exploitish to me). It has always been that bad even in the heyday of SE.

Right now what bothers me more is lashing blade - THAT is a killer, but even then compared to all else out there, it is mild.