test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change character order at selection screen

runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
If there is a way to do this, I'd love to hear it. If not, I'd like to suggest that they add such a feature.
Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
Post edited by runebane on

Comments

• tyrannisstyranniss Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I second this, would love to have this feature
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not only would it be great to be able to sort the character list manually, but I'd also like some presets - like in order of last played, level, class, and maybe also age of character (by date created).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Not only would it be great to be able to sort the character list manually, but I'd also like some presets - like in order of last played, level, class, and maybe also age of character (by date created).

Certainly wouldn't turn down those features. But I'd be happy with a manual sort.
    edited October 2013
    I realize not everyone would benefit from this. But it would certainly be useful to those that do buy a lot of character slots.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . I would love to be able to re-order my characters on the select screen. While my main was my first live character, and is there-fore my first character on the list... my second favorite character is farther down the list. I'd like to order them by how much I prefer to play them, especially given the fact that I do a lot of character changing through out my playtimes due to professions, prayers, as well as party make-up decisions during delves. I have 8 characters on my main account (and will be buying more slots), six on my secondary (and will be buying more slots), and two on my latest third account (and will be buying more slots) that I use for Neverwinter. I'll end up probably playing my other 3 PWE accounts for Neverwinter at some point also, which I'll eventually buy more slots for as well.

Yes... I am an alt-o-account-a-holic.
    edited October 2013
    Now that they are adding a new class... It'd be a great time to see this feature put in as well.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Would love to have this aswell, or at least always have the latest/most played chars on top.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited October 2013
    I would love this as well. This has been something I have seen other games put off for years. So please Neverwinter break the cycle :P.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In my case, having only 2 slots it's not really important for now, but I plan on getting more by the way.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Really hoping you can work this into the stuff you guys are working on. Not having it can be a bit of a pain for those that invest in lots of character slots.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this is a pretty good idea and i fully support it.
  • morrisaomorrisao Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I would love to be able to re-order my characters on the select screen. While my main was my first live character, and is there-fore my first character on the list... my second favorite character is farther down the list. I'd like to order them by how much I prefer to play them, especially given the fact that I do a lot of character changing through out my playtimes due to professions, prayers, as well as party make-up decisions during delves. I have 8 characters on my main account (and will be buying more slots), six on my secondary (and will be buying more slots), and two on my latest third account (and will be buying more slots) that I use for Neverwinter. I'll end up probably playing my other 3 PWE accounts for Neverwinter at some point also, which I'll eventually buy more slots for as well.

Man, I thought I was a hopeless altaholic, but you've got me beat hands down.. :p
  • xperfixperfi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013

3 Accounts? I always thought only 2 accounts per person are allowed. So how many accounts are allowed?

Topic: yea I would love this feature :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    xperfi wrote: »
    3 Accounts? I always thought only 2 accounts per person are allowed. So how many accounts are allowed?

Topic: yea I would love this feature :)
    . . . . . There's nothing in the Terms, Rules, or EULA preventing one from having as many accounts as they like. Now if you use those accounts to do things that specifically violate said rules, then there'd be a problem. Perfect World and Cryptic have always honored multiple accounts for the sole reason that it is more incentive for players to buy things for those accounts as well, which I personally do.

morrisao wrote: »
    Man, I thought I was a hopeless altaholic, but you've got me beat hands down.. :p

. . . . . Then you'd probably be totally amazed to know that I once had 25 paying Ultima Online accounts... Yeah, as I said... I am an alt-o-account-a-holic. :o
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i'm 100% behind this sorting idea. i have some lower level characters that are paired with my kids' characters that i only play with them mixed in with my various 60s and it's so irritating. my OCD can't handle having some of my 60s below these lower level characters! i'd delete them and recreate them if it wouldn't break up the concept of their duos/trios, JUST to get them below my 60s!
  • xperfixperfi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There's nothing in the Terms, Rules, or EULA preventing one from having as many accounts as they like. Now if you use those accounts to do things that specifically violate said rules, then there'd be a problem. Perfect World and Cryptic have always honored multiple accounts for the sole reason that it is more incentive for players to buy things for those accounts as well, which I personally do.

the German Community Lead Anachronex did say more than once in the NW livestreams "2 accounts per person".
    So I am really curious now what's the truth and if I could create more accounts than just the 2 I have right now without getting banned.
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI policy has long been not more than 2 accounts per person, unless you had more accounts than that prior to the rule change and were grandfathered in. Since accounts are valid for all PWE games (including Cryptic games), I presume this holds for Neverwinter as well as other Cryptic games.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The ability to rearrange characters on the selection screen would be an excellent feature to add to the game.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I fully support this.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • kxkx33kxkx33 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Please add this... Esp since you can have 50 characters per account? What a list to sort through...
  • tyedortyedor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hear, hear! love to see this implemented!!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Great idea!
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is a really cool idea! I'm not sure how feasible it is in the short term, but we'll take a look!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd also like to see a sort of "view type" option - I mainly play NW on my desktop at home, and my laptop while away. My laptop only has a 1366 x 768 resolution, and I'd like to be able to see all my characters on the screen without a scroll bar...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
This discussion has been closed.