test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Useless Silence Working

simiodecloacasimiodecloaca Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
hello.
Yesterday i was at protector enclave as normal trying to sell some stuff, and buying also, when i sent my first 2 messages in "trade" section well, the game just silenced me for 24h???
Now i sent a ticket and BOOOM they answer in 64 hours such a great thing
Post edited by simiodecloaca on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hello.
    Yesterday i was at protector enclave as normal trying to sell some stuff, and buying also, when i sent my first 2 messages in "trade" section well, the game just silenced me for 24h???

You got reported for spamming. 10 report iirc is a instant 24h silence.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Lol you must be kidding me, being reported for trying sell some stuff, even when there are some idiots trying to sell AD for real money and also anothers bots spamming websites, im just a normal player but since the 3 shard are fused there is a spam fight in protector enclave. -.-
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hello.

if you doubleposted i hope it was me reporting spam
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    if you doubleposted i hope it was me reporting spam

do you speak english? i guess not, cause i never said i was spamming, i said i sent my first 2 messages.
  • Options
    duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    if you try to sell, buy or form groups in zonechat, you can be expected to be ignored by some, and if enough do that, you get silenced. (They think you should do that in /trade or /lfg)
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    duur wrote: »
    if you try to sell, buy or form groups in zonechat, you can be expected to be ignored by some, and if enough do that, you get silenced. (They think you should do that in /trade or /lfg)
    actually i never speak in zone chat ^^
    and i know if i need to sell i have to talk in the section of trade and if need to loook for a group look in the section of /lfg :)
    Anyways thanks for Advice :)
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2013
    If your post looks something like:
    Zone: (You) WTT/WTS ANCIENT MAINHAND FOR KEYS WHISP ME

Then yeah, I report you for spam.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    If your post looks something like:

Then yeah, I report you for spam.
    Idiot -_- i said lot of times i didnt ****ed spammed and neither in zone chat
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its been said that the ignore count adds up over time. If this is correct... You could have spammed a long time ago, and just got the final ignore/report to get banned recently.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »

The 24h silence system got changed a while ago, which is why there have been very few complaints about it recently. No clue what it takes now for someone to get silenced.
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hello.

More than likely if you were posting normally.. renewing it as it scrolls off is my usual method... the only people who will work to get you banned is your competition. What I call 'cartel' players, multiple entities whose sole function is to mass farm and spam sell for one particular 'business', feel that since they gat banned so often, its only fair for them to ban back, even if the victim is posting properly. To them it's just a convenient way to prevent competition.

Most games have a chat log function. I haven't seen one here yet, but I haven't looked. If it keeps happening use this or a screenshot record to demonstrate your innocence and report your accusers for griefing. If you make enough noise, and the GMs see a pattern, they can easily identify the perps and will eventually deal with them accordingly. These sort of griefer bans were a problem in CO for a while so they might be more sympathetic to your cause than you think.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . Please discuss this with Support only. Discussion of in game or forum disciplinary actions are not allowed on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.