test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reminder: Server Merge Tonight! 8:00pm PDT (Complete)

2»

Comments

• galagargalagar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Check the news article. ;)

It was updated the day after the initial announcement to coincide with the Forum Post.

It's a good idea to check the forums. if there was a news article for all of the information in the forums then it'd be impossible to sift through the news. It's fast and simple to find the information too!

Simply check the DevTracker and/or the Patch Notes, Patch preview Patch Notes and the General Forum's sticky posts to get an idea what upcoming changes will be arriving in Neverwinter.
    We work hard to make sure the information is easy to find. Check the forums in the future. :)

I definitely see your point there ... I had never seen that the news had been "updated" I had just been awaiting a new News item later on with the time/date, etc ... I never went back to the old posting ... Oh, well, live and learn I suppose ...

Fortunately, I only do buy-nows on my auctions when I sell ...

I'm mainly just butt-hurt I didn't get to place low ball bids on all the auction items, before it went down ... haha

I am curious, can anyone who was active in the Auction House near the end, tell me of some good buys/bids they may have got in?
  • whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm so happy that the servers are merging. Been having a tough time for months finding a home on Beholder.

How will LFG chat work if it's all 3 servers? Won't it be chaos?
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    galagar wrote: »
    I definitely see your point there ... I had never seen that the news had been "updated" I had just been awaiting a new News item later on with the time/date, etc ... I never went back to the old posting ... Oh, well, live and learn I suppose ...

Fortunately, I only do buy-nows on my auctions when I sell ...

I'm mainly just butt-hurt I didn't get to place low ball bids on all the auction items, before it went down ... haha

I am curious, can anyone who was active in the Auction House near the end, tell me of some good buys/bids they may have got in?

Yeah, I know what you mean I saw a bunch of stuff with low bids but were worth 400k+ but totally forgot to bid. :(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    galagar wrote: »

I bought a few bronzewood enchantments for 20-25K a piece.

But that's the only stellar deal I found while hunting other than a Pseudodragon for 500-600K AD but a guild member had her eyes on that one. Sadly she got outbid, though, and wasn't able to get the refunded AD from the mailbox in time but somebody amanaged to get that deal.

But remember for every good deal there's somebody who is going to be rather angry when they log in tomorrow >.>
  • shannondoughertyshannondougherty Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Do you happen to know what this new shard will be called? I don't want to assume it will be called any of what is used already, so I thought I should ask about this.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Considering there's only going to be one shard and in an ideal world they will never have to expand to multiple shards (although they could) again I doubt it will be called anything other than "Neverwinter Live" or something similar. ;)

Of course there may be some D&D friendly name anyway but if it is named it would have absolutely no relevance to players since the game will appear as if it was simply one massive server.
    edited October 2013
    ambisinisterr, do you know how chat channels will work?

With three servers worth of people looking for groups during DD and what not, I can see it getting hectic.

Curious as to whether people will be divided to some degree so individual messages can be seen.
    edited October 2013
    They will work exactly the same.

However it's worth noting that LFG (and possibly Trade Channels) are Zone Specific. If you find it's too hectic you can always try a different zone or of course simply do what I do and use the much simpler queue system. In my experience GS really hasn't corresponded to skill anyway so I personally see no point in being selective. :p
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maintenance is complete! The three shards have officially become one. :)
    edited October 2013
    Nice!

/10chars
  • rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    Holllllaaaaaa
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Roger that rhi2, heading over to that destination now. ETA 2 minutes and counting....
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    really? Is this a joke?

SWEET!

*logs in*

Goodluck all on merger and happy hunting!
  • rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    really? Is this a joke?

SWEET!

*logs in*

Goodluck all on merger and happy hunting!

It was 50 mins early so ya its up like my C**K!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Awesome!

Just an update: The merger was able to be completed without needing to delist any auctions. Any auctions that were up at the time of the merge were unaffected (aside from being merged into a single shard).
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Awesome!

Just an update: The merger was able to be completed without needing to delist any auctions. Any auctions that were up at the time of the merge were unaffected (aside from being merged into a single shard).

Haha.

This will make some AH snipers very sad :)

Good job on this PW.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    rki2 wrote: »
    Holllllaaaaaa
    Huzzah! :) Merging this just to keep multiples down.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's a shame the merger wasnt on the launcher.

More of a shame that PWE didnt send the memo to their spam division, every other message in the enclave zone chat is for buying gold/ad.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nothing but server not responding & server disconnects here since the merge.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Awesome!

No, no, no, no, no, no! Wasted my time AGAIN Cryptic. I spent the entire last hour of pre-merge EXPLICITLY in the Auction House bidding for what you said was happening ... for weeks. Not even the slightest hint of this -- not a single post. Gah! Pffft!
    VOsAtWG.png
    edited October 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    No, no, no, no, no, no! Wasted my time AGAIN Cryptic. I spent the entire last hour of pre-merge EXPLICITLY in the Auction House bidding for what you said was happening ... for weeks. Not even the slightest hint of this -- not a single post. Gah! Pffft!
    . . . . . . Tad bit of instant karma, eh? *the mage chuckles* I'm glad they were able to find a way to keep the auction listings to keep what you wrote from happening to players unable to de-list their auctions.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . . Tad bit of instant karma, eh? *the mage chuckles* I'm glad they were able to find a way to keep the auction listings to keep what you wrote from happening to players unable to de-list their auctions.

The developer in me understands but the greedy opportunistic side is sad. lol. I must have been a mass murderer in a past life 'cause karma burns me everytime on here. Take a vacation day to play in the foundry -- "CAT-astrophe" strikes. Take another vacation day for foundry when module 1 releases -- bam, foundry down for three days. *sniff* :p
    edited October 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    The developer in me understands but the greedy opportunistic side is sad. lol. I must have been a mass murderer in a past life 'cause karma burns me everytime on here. Take a vacation day to play in the foundry -- "CAT-astrophe" strikes. Take another vacation day for foundry when module 1 releases -- bam, foundry down for three days. *sniff* :p
    Ack! *the mage chuckles* If that is so, your karma can only get better! (I hope!)