test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Rifts Not Found

mamasandygmamasandyg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
I got a few astral resonators and I never can find the astral rifts where Rhyx says they will be. There is no "glitter trail" or anything else like that. My husband says he has actually been able to get 40k AD directly from Rhyx, but that does not happen for me. I've tried it every day this past week, thinking it was just a bug I had to wait out, but I'm getting nothing.
Post edited by mamasandyg on

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I didn't see any glitter trail - but I looked on my map and saw a blue circle showing where the single astral rift was located. Ran over there and used up 2 resonators a little while ago today.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I don't get anything on my map, either. I checked it. When I go where Rhyx says, there's no sign of anything that appears to be a rift. Everything is depressingly normal.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Did you doubleclick the item to activate it? They don't do anything if you're just walking around with them. When activated, you should get floating text telling you where rifts are opening.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Okay!!! I assumed the item wasn't supposed to be activated until you were ready to harvest the diamonds. Thank you for the info.
  • Options
    afriellafriell Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    About this issue i have one question, when i used my resonater few min ago i found the rift quite fast then the effect stayed for a while, at almoust the end of the effect it appeared a message that another rift appeared at the gods shrine (whatever that can be),...
    When we use the resonator tehre is only one rift or there is a possibility of getting more then one?
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    afriell wrote: »
    About this issue i have one question, when i used my resonater few min ago i found the rift quite fast then the effect stayed for a while, at almoust the end of the effect it appeared a message that another rift appeared at the gods shrine (whatever that can be),...
    When we use the resonator tehre is only one rift or there is a possibility of getting more then one?

One rift per resonator. Collecting the AD from the rift will use up your resonator, but additional rifts can still be seen(and collected if you have more resonators).
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    xabersedgexabersedge Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    If you have multiple resonators you can harvest the same rift multiple times until it disappears. I have gotten 7 resonators to run off of one rift. The rifts are only open for a set time though, once it closes, its usually about 10 minutes between rifts. If you get to one, pump it like an oil drill and watch the AD roll in.
    sunElf_Rogue.png
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Gotta make sure you Glitter Dust thingy is on to find these Rifts. Toggle your "Z" key. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sapientcrowsapientcrow Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    What is the average gain of Ad from these rifts?
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

~45k in my experience.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Once you activate the resinator; the sparkle trail should appear and lead you right to the rift. If it doesn't, toggle the z key
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Anyone use one on double astral weekend?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Anyone use one on double astral weekend?

There hasn't been a double astral weekend since the astral resonators were introduced into the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    They give you refined ADs, right? Double diamonds only apply to rough ADs.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They give you refined ADs, right? Double diamonds only apply to rough ADs.

Yes, resonators give refined AD. It's clearly spelled out in the tooltip as to how much they give out.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I have never gotten less than 42.5k and have gotten as much as 45k.
  • Options
    lukasupertramplukasupertramp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How to actually harvest them, i found the rifts and i can harvest or idk how.
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I find that sometimes the sparkly trail doesn't show.
    Even toggling Z makes no difference.
    So after doing the Resonators for a while,
    you learn where the Rifts appear,
    as they always appear in the same set of locations.
    Just have to look at each location, till you find one that's operating.

As for how to harvest the diamonds,
    when you get to the displaying blue swirly rift,
    then a box will appear, telling you to press F to harvest the Diamonds.

I just did a Resonator and got 45,500 diamonds,
    which is the largest amount I ever get at any time

:)
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Should I say that I got 49,800 this morning? ... No, I should not have said that ...
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have always assumed, that you could get up to 50.000, if lucky.
    Don't know if that's right or not, but I think its logical.

Another thing about activating the resonator,
    sometimes when you double click it,
    it doesn't work, maybe due to lag or whatever.
    What I find is best, is to right click and use it that way.
    When you see your characters eyes light up,
    then you know for sure, the resonator is activated.

:)
  • Options
    themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    40k to 45k or so AD. Maybe up to 46k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sheylennasheylenna Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So I clicked the resonator got the trail and purple around my eyes followed the trail, FOUND the Rifts STOOD in the Rifts and nothing, no box to say hit f, and when I hit f nothing happened. A few min later poof goes the rift so I go to find another and same. Then the purple around my eyes disappears the only good thing to come out of it is the resonator is still there. Is it glitch day or something?
    Be who you are and say what you feel,
    because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind.
    -Dr. Seuss US author & illustrator (1904 - 1991)
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And you can use more than one resonator in a rift. Once activated and at a rift you can click 'F' to receive AD from more that one resonator, up to the number you have within the time the rift is open.
    tang56 wrote: »
    One rift per resonator. Collecting the AD from the rift will use up your resonator, but additional rifts can still be seen(and collected if you have more resonators).
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My lowest is 41,000, my highest is 49,500, average is somewhere around 44,000, I would guess.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    sheylenna wrote: »
    So I clicked the resonator got the trail and purple around my eyes followed the trail, FOUND the Rifts STOOD in the Rifts and nothing, no box to say hit f, and when I hit f nothing happened. A few min later poof goes the rift so I go to find another and same. Then the purple around my eyes disappears the only good thing to come out of it is the resonator is still there. Is it glitch day or something?

I think you don't want to stand right in it, as that might actually block your interaction. When you're positioned near the rift, you should be able to wiggle your cursor around until you can hit F to harvest.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sheylennasheylenna Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    K I'll try but I was walking all over the place.
    Be who you are and say what you feel,
    because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind.
    -Dr. Seuss US author & illustrator (1904 - 1991)
  • Options
    joshuachjoshuach Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mamasandyg wrote: »
    I got a few astral resonators and I never can find the astral rifts where Rhyx says they will be. There is no "glitter trail" or anything else like that. My husband says he has actually been able to get 40k AD directly from Rhyx, but that does not happen for me. I've tried it every day this past week, thinking it was just a bug I had to wait out, but I'm getting nothing.

double click the resonator when you are on Protector Enclave map to activate it and the "glittering tail" will show.
  • Options
    purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have used many and I mean MANY resonators so I know how to do it, but 2 days ago I was unable to get the pop up part to click anything. I tried zoning/relogging/rebooting and nothing. The next day I tried again and it worked. Not sure if it has anything to do with cookies I am not a wiz in that area.