test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I really need help as I'm confused like crazy

liquidaurumliquidaurum Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Library
Hi guys, I was looking at Daegans CW guide, and I'm new to this game, so I don't really understand some things: like storm spell or eye of the storm. Does that have to do something with feats? Also if it does what feats do I have to upgrade or put points into get the spells he is talking about? There are paragorn powers under the powers tab, and paragorn under feats tab. Are they different? Not only that some paragorn icons under powers tab are green, red, and yellow. Please help me out :)

Note: referring to this guide
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?287392-Deagen-s-Control-Wizard-Guide
Post edited by liquidaurum on

Comments

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Storm Spell and Eye of the Storm are passive powers that you'll be able to use after quite a few levels (like after level 40ish IIRC). If you're still new enough that you're nowhere near there yet, don't worry too much about it -- by the time you get there, you'll understand what they are.

Feats let you gain little bonuses for various things to suit your play style. They're passive (you don't do anything to make them work, they just do) and are there forever once you pick them. There are heroic feats that you get to pick at lower levels, then paragon feats that you pick at higher levels. Powers are things you use actively in battles (like Conduit of Ice, which you probably have now, I think). Paragon powers are new powers that you get after level 30, after picking a paragon path (which determines what powers are available to you). Right now, each class only has one path available, so you don't need to worry about that for now. Eventually we'll get more paths to choose from once Cryptic finishes developing them and puts them in the game.

I hope this helps. A lot of it is stuff you learn through the game and pick up on as you go along, so I'm trying not to give you too much at once.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks, I understand it better now.
    So let me get this straight: the paragon powers under the power tab are all pretty much unlocked aftere lvl 30, right?
    Also I was looking under the power tab, and on the bottom there is a button that says show path, in there is the Storm spell and Eye of the Storm. So is that the paragon powers you're talking about, that every class has only one of, and will be unlcoked later right?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, there is currently only one paragon path to choose, which you get at 30, and then those powers will fill in where there are blanks on your sheet right now. Obviously you might still need to wait quite a few levels to put points in some of them.

The red, green, and yellow icons are coded the same as the basic powers. You have at-wills, encounters, dailies, and the yellow ones are passives (but I forget their proper name).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    and the yellow ones are passives (but I forget their proper name).

Class feature.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks! /10char
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So in the end the feat points, don't effect it too much right? Like they really don't effect the available skills or equipment you can wear right?
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    There are no Paragon abilities under the Powers tab. Yellow square powers are passive, Green powers are your "At will", Red Powers are your "Encounter", Yellow circle powers are your "Daily". Paragon feats can enhance these of you have the right combination of Powers and Feats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If I were you, I'd just level a CW to 60. It doesn't take long, and you learn a lot as you go. You can always respec your CW as you see fit.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Hi guys, I was looking at Daegans CW guide, [...]
    The guide is from end of May and therefore outdated as it gets. You should read some more current guides/informational material, like:
    1. [thread=385321]Grimah's Comprehensive Wizard Guide[/thread] -- THE resource for everything about the CW.
    2. [THREAD=337592]((T2)) Thaumaturge Spec/Powers/Role[/THREAD] -- very good damage and high control
    3. [thread=464811]Versatile Renegade build - Feywild[/thread] -- high damage and good control
    Additionally, I second the advice from Degraafination about levelling your Control Wizard to L60. You will get nearly all your questions answered ;)
    There are no Paragon abilities under the Powers tab. [...]
    Sorry, but that is--at least--kind of wrong! Currently there is only one "Paragon Path", the "Spellstorm Mage" which grant you the following powers in the Powers tab:
    1. Sudden Storm (Encounter)
    2. Stormfury (Class Feature)
    3. Storm Pillar (At-Will)
    4. Storm Spell (Class Feature)
    5. Maelstrom of Chaos (Daily)
    6. Eye of the Storm (Class Feature)
    But you can expect that there will be more Paragon Path coming out in the future, which would include new/different powers.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Quick question what is ARP?
  • Options
    tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Quick question what is ARP?
    Armor Penetration