test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.5.20130911a.8

Comments

• eatmearueatmearu Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2013
    Devoted Cleric: Forgemasters Flame: The healing effect from this power has been restored to what it was before Sharandar released (approximately a 30% healing increase).

yay! much appreciated .
  • kobohoggykobohoggy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am givng this patch credit for the Dragon breath fixes, and the Auction house fixes though, it's about time.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ok, let's get to what matters: The Cryptic have some projection for gwf? the way it is, do not be investing any more in my character, and this negative feedback compromises the success of the game and its reputation against the real audience (and not random reviews).

* I ask not as a player, I ask as a consumer.
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Next patch, please implement ignore all gwf in lfg channel. They aren't wanted in groups. kthxbye.
  • lking73lking73 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I only play lvl 60 GWF and I usually outlast everybody else and do more damage. It all depends on how you set them up. However the unstoppable is a joke...I do more damage without it, only use it to break control spells.
  • morphykarumorphykaru Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Next patch, please implement ignore all gwf in lfg channel. They aren't wanted in groups. kthxbye.

This is true, a GWF is more of a liability than a help. My original primary character was a GWF but I did what someone else in this thread suggested, I developed an alternate class as my primary and the game is much more fun now. Even though my heart is still with the GWF, if it only could hold it's own. I now only play my GWF solo in Sharandar and similar maps. I was shocked when they actually buffed the gwf because someone complained that gwf's are OP. Made a weak character even weaker.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The fix for the DC FF is appreciated, but unfortunately it was only #3-4 on the list of issues that most DCs would have liked to see fixed for the class. Ah well, I hope we will see one of the big issues fixed next week.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sure i love to run cn with 3 cws in HVset because of the sick dps, but the economy will get even more screwed. People run cn in 20 min and now the buggedbreath is gone it will be even faster for some groups. Everyone loves to clear fast and do reruns to get fast profit, but the ancient stuff will soon be to cheap to even bother :/
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    morphykaru wrote: »
    This is true, a GWF is more of a liability than a help. My original primary character was a GWF but I did what someone else in this thread suggested, I developed an alternate class as my primary and the game is much more fun now. Even though my heart is still with the GWF, if it only could hold it's own. I now only play my GWF solo in Sharandar and similar maps. I was shocked when they actually buffed the gwf because someone complained that gwf's are OP. Made a weak character even weaker.

Exactly what im doing. I hate that I cant DD with my GWF anymore. I used to have fun in beta but not any more. I do have fun in solo but have moved onto my GF for serious play until cryptic un Funks the GWF.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• ashcuteashcute Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Trickster Rogue: Stealth: Being hit by a Daze or stun effect before using Stealth will no longer prevent its use again until the player logs back in."

-i didn't quite understand this portion. does it mean that when the TR is hit by a stun or a daze, he won't be able to use the STEALTH skill unless he logs out and logs back in? correct me if i'm wrong.
    because i actually have a TR and this is a real pain in the *** bug. it happens when u get hit by a daze or a stun effect before the stealth kicks in in gets stuck at around 90-95% of the stealth bar and u won't be able to use it unless u die or relog.
    edited September 2013
    lking73 wrote: »
    I only play lvl 60 GWF and I usually outlast everybody else and do more damage. It all depends on how you set them up. However the unstoppable is a joke...I do more damage without it, only use it to break control spells.

The unstoppable debuff was actually proper because it makes the GWF overpowered in PVP, but obviously pvp is not what people play this game for, with or without the debuff a GWF is still pretty close to useless in PVE because it can be filled up with more useful classes. Besides this you cannot hardly outdps a good rogue, unless you are able to do a perfect aoe pull all the way, and even then you can't ever outdps a good CW, not even close, SotEA deals about 150k damage crit if properly spec, and the other AOE spells from a CW is still far more powerful then what a GWF could output ever. That is why GWFs are always surplus, if we ever wanted to carry a guild member's GWF that's the only time we include them in the party, otherwise they are not wanted or needed EVER.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    if only authenticate the creation of a 'fixed topic "of possible changes in each class, hence let, with much good sense, we discuss some possible improvements. done this "pre" report; take for a topic where most players of all classes - or representatives thereof - discuss what is feasible or not. would be a great campaign for the game.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ashcute wrote: »
    "Trickster Rogue: Stealth: Being hit by a Daze or stun effect before using Stealth will no longer prevent its use again until the player logs back in."

-i didn't quite understand this portion. does it mean that when the TR is hit by a stun or a daze, he won't be able to use the STEALTH skill unless he logs out and logs back in? correct me if i'm wrong.
    because i actually have a TR and this is a real pain in the *** bug. it happens when u get hit by a daze or a stun effect before the stealth kicks in in gets stuck at around 90-95% of the stealth bar and u won't be able to use it unless u die or relog.

Um.... it's like what you described, except, you know, fixing that bug.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jelebobajeleboba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kobohoggy wrote: »
    ...but obviously pvp is not what people play this game for...
    obviously people like to kill same bosses and clear same dungeons a million times, what can be more fun?
    edited September 2013
    jeleboba wrote: »
    obviously the people like to kill same same bosses and clear same dungeons a million times, what can be more fun?

Pvp is fun but the current mechanics makes it worthless, no open world pvp, lame reward system, it's a waste of time honestly.
  • basse1984basse1984 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well finally an update that fixes most of the current bugs. nice to see dreagon breath and roll items is fixed. now we just have to see if it actualy Works. and/if new buggs has apeard..
  • skotty64081skotty64081 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't see it in the notes, but for what it's worth, the Play button and server status indicator now show up on Windows XP (they were previously invisible). I think that happened with this patch.
  • snoman321snoman321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh my word! Fulminorax fixed? AH sorting fixed? Stealth killing dazes fixed? Gateway character switch fixed? Is it Christmas? Thanks devs! Still work to be done, but this is a welcome patch.
  • imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I see still no fix for the broken Tomorrow and Tomorrow quest in Sharandar, so for those of us affected that area is pretty much dead since there is no way to earn Feysparks. Have to see how many other things got broken in this patch based on this patch...sigh.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kobohoggy wrote: »
    The unstoppable debuff was actually proper because it makes the GWF overpowered in PVP, but obviously pvp is not what people play this game for, with or without the debuff a GWF is still pretty close to useless in PVE because it can be filled up with more useful classes. Besides this you cannot hardly outdps a good rogue, unless you are able to do a perfect aoe pull all the way, and even then you can't ever outdps a good CW, not even close, SotEA deals about 150k damage crit if properly spec, and the other AOE spells from a CW is still far more powerful then what a GWF could output ever. That is why GWFs are always surplus, if we ever wanted to carry a guild member's GWF that's the only time we include them in the party, otherwise they are not wanted or needed EVER.

Oh really?

Let me quote, what Andy Velasquez said on massively:

[...]The players have been a constant source of interest and inspiration to the team. One surprising observation was just how much the PvP community has embraced and played that side of the game while simultaneously calling for new maps and more progression.[...]

Ooopsie! ^^

• yoextasyyoextasy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I need a little help... after patching i can't start the game annymore... Becomes stuck at loading screen. Anny ideea?
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The unstoppable debuff was actually proper because it makes the GWF overpowered in PVP

A correction:
    GWF wasn't overpowered in pvp compared to other classes.
    ONE / 1 - Build was overpowered, because of a ceirtan item (+other silly mech's).
    The debuff was done because a ceirtan build was overpowered in pvp (with a really silly enchant)..
    and maybe a few exploits aswell. (this Build +(other means) still exist).
    Just not so uber OP that it's as noticeable as it used to be.

-and because of this the rest of the player-base has to suffer.

And those who have endgame gear and are saying,
    my gwf is great, (ofc it is when it's about 20-40mill ad worth of gear and enchant) lol...

And yeh, a gwf should normally be able to get ahead in the dps race with people who have similar exp/gear ratio, rush ahead and swing like mad.(the short version..)
    But that's really not always what is needed in a group with the Dungeons that are currently out there.
    but honestly, any other class will do better with less ;)
    *untill I started playing other classes, I never noticed how hard it was getting into groups*

For those CW's out there, show them Gwf's mercy like I do, pull those mobs together and control the area, allow the gwf's in the pug to dish out dmg. Stun them so they stay still while the gwf is hitting them..

Though I've found that Malabog's Castle is better based for allowing a Gwf to tag along than Castle Never ;D that's for sure lol.
    If a Gwf makes a difference he normally has to have a really hig gs, and be really well played.
    Allot more so than most other classes.

ps. I'm pondering, does pwe keep records of what class get's kicked the most out of a group while it's forming??.. o.0
    -I'm pretty sure they'd be amazed on the results, because There's no class that would even come near the number the Gwf has .
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh really?

Let me quote, what Andy Velasquez said on massively:

[...]The players have been a constant source of interest and inspiration to the team. One surprising observation was just how much the PvP community has embraced and played that side of the game while simultaneously calling for new maps and more progression.[...]

Ooopsie! ^^

with 2 normal pvp maps and 1 gg pvp .. lol! Do you really find it strange that there's calls for more maps !!! bwahahaha !!!
    2 pvp gear set, each class, and almost nothing to the boot in rewards for doing pvp.. not hard to want to ask for more ;)

Ooopsie's back atyah ;)

ofc pvp allows players to tackle non AI's, but compared to how much other content is played ;) it's just a small patch of the a big carpet. good quick diverstion, while there are a few competitive people who like nothing else than pvp. but honestly. it's just a tiny fraction of the whole thing.

pvp'rs often spend more time on forums than the pve players (since they seem to have more time to spend out of game and feel more frustration when they loose and bigger **** to brag about their uberness) ;)

hehe.. made me laugh.
  • mishakal69mishakal69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yoextasy wrote: »
    I need a little help... after patching i can't start the game annymore... Becomes stuck at loading screen. Anny ideea?

I'm having the same problem. Great patch....
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    valliv wrote: »
    with 2 normal pvp maps and 1 gg pvp .. lol! Do you really find it strange that there's calls for more maps !!! bwahahaha !!!
    2 pvp gear set, each class, and almost nothing to the boot in rewards for doing pvp.. not hard to want to ask for more ;)

Ooopsie's back atyah ;)

ofc pvp allows players to tackle non AI's, but compared to how much other content is played ;) it's just a small patch of the a big carpet. good quick diverstion, while there are a few competitive people who like nothing else than pvp. but honestly. it's just a tiny fraction of the whole thing.

pvp'rs often spend more time on forums than the pve players (since they seem to have more time to spend out of game and feel more frustration when they loose and bigger **** to brag about their uberness) ;)

hehe.. made me laugh.

You fail, to comprehend what Andy Velasquez said. Read, more carefully. He's stating the exact opposite of the bs you're telling now... he has the data to back his talk up, you don't. Besides, you seem to be unable to understand that i merely quoted that guy. I have not said any of this, myself.

Oooo...ooopsie!?

• tgiordano92tgiordano92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Stuck on loading screen as well lol. fail
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Content and Environment

Sharandar: Gnarlroot Caves: Received a collision pass to increase server performance and reduce stalls and lag that could be experienced in this map

Done this content many many times before on multiple characters, never had any problems or seen any issues, Today post patch, lots of rubber banding, game freezing and unusualy high CPU loads.

Just done Gauntlgrym, same issues there too, rubber banding, lag, seeing it in nearly every zone since patch and CPU usuage as gone up at least 25%.

I supose thanks for 'fix' in AH with sorting items by buy out prices, only prob is it back to front . starts highest price first and lowest last, as opposed to how it used to work lowest first. and when you buy somthing page goes blank, you have to re-search then sort through to last page for lowest prices, bit annoying, as it did work perfect a month ago
  • tgiordano92tgiordano92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    Content and Environment

Sharandar: Gnarlroot Caves: Received a collision pass to increase server performance and reduce stalls and lag that could be experienced in this map

Done this content many many times before on multiple characters, never had any problems or seen any issues, Today post patch, lots of rubber banding, game freezing and unusualy high CPU loads.

Just done Gauntlgrym, same issues there too, rubber banding, lag, seeing it in nearly every zone since patch and CPU usuafge as gone up at least 25%.

I supose thanks for 'fix' in AH with sorting items by buy out prices, only prob is it back to front . starts highest price first and lowest last, as opposed to how it used to work lowest first. and when you buy somthing page goes blank, you have to re-search then sort through to last page for lowest prices, bit annoying, as it did work perfect a month ago

Just did PvP and having same skill lag, and freezing characters every few seconds same in PvE
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The HV set is still buggy.

You know, just saying. Maybe you forgot, because this is a very silly bug.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Anybody else still have a habit of reloading page when switching chars in gateway? lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
This discussion has been closed.