Install Arc
Options

Do you regret your first class choice?

2»

Comments

• Options
    megamousegwmegamousegw Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like ranged attackers so I chose the only class available that does that for now. The Control Wizard. Love its insane damage, but why do people hate on repel mages so much???
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like ranged attackers so I chose the only class available that does that for now. The Control Wizard. Love its insane damage, but why do people hate on repel mages so much???

Well, how would you feel if half the time you try to use your powers the mobs get whooshed out of range? Spending a significant amount of time watching your abilities miss and go to waste is simple unneeded frustration.

Besides you can do far more "insane damage" by keeping the baddies clustered together, then by flinging and scattering them about. Save that for when you are soloing.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Well, how would you feel if half the time you try to use your powers the mobs get whooshed out of range? Spending a significant amount of time watching your abilities miss and go to waste is simple unneeded frustration.

Besides you can do far more "insane damage" by keeping the baddies clustered together, then by flinging and scattering them about. Save that for when you are soloing.

Gotta agree with sockmunkey. Beyond the oft-used dungeon 'push enemies into the chasm', which let me say I feel is entirely legit, mages who constantly push targets away do more damage to the team dynamic, making it harder for their non-ranged teammates to get kills.

It seems that many of those skills are more selfishly oriented, anyhow. Either by claiming the kills or protecting themselves.

As an aside, I have been berated by CW teamates for using roar when they used singularity, as I claimed some of their kills. Now I use it every time I can, heheheh ....
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Rolled a TR to start... love it and still love it.

Second rolled a DC... loved it, then hated it and left it on the back burner... recently put some time and energy into it and building it back up to be a nice cleric.

Third was a CW... I am 50/50 on this. I have done dungeon runs on the CW and while it's ok, I just don't find the CW entertaining in dungeons. Much more fun for PvP

Fourth was GWF..took it to 60..deleted it, did not enjoy the class at all. Made a new one to be a prayer bot, currently level 30

Fifth was a GF, also another class i do not enjoy. I never played the tank role in MMO's. Never enjoyed the getting beat on aspect with little offense in return. Neverwinter GF have some more offense options available to them, but at the end of the day, they are a tank. Another prayer bot...

All in all...I am waiting for Evil gods / Evil Classes. If they ever do show up.

Necromancer who follows Shar is my ultimate goal.
  • Options
    neyarineyari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well as is, its extremely limited in what you can play... so its really hard to say anyone has "loved" what they picked.

Trickster Rogue: kinda liked it, felt nice and glass cannonish
    Control Wizard: Rolled it because I wanted to try ranged, was fun, just... the feel of the class isn't my thing. + dorky robes
    GWF: had fun but at the time they where next to useless in terms of ability to damage and generally feeling survivable
    GF: Neat, but, I haven't liked tanks since Lich King Era games.
    Cleric: didn't dig it, was neat, but kinda burned out when I started playing it:

Warlock: haha really, expect to find out next year.
    Ranger: was what I was looking forward too, and its still in development. Kinda dropped all their momentum
  • Options
    sakiz105sakiz105 Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2013
    Started with a GF,loved it,still like it.I like the idea of being the leader of the team and being able to withstand more hits than any other class.Second was a cw.Love it too,although i would prefer having more controling options and less dps.After all you are a control wizard :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    . . . . . . I do not regret my choice one bit. I loved the Wizard in Alpha. Then hated it for a while. Since the start though, he has been non-stop fun to play. So much that I really don't enjoy playing any other classes nearly as much. I played a cleric through most of alpha and beta and am just now starting to play my cleric a bit more here and there. I loved the cleric back then and still find I love her now. We'll see as I progress her.
  • Options
    koboldharper88koboldharper88 Banned Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . I do not regret my choice one bit. I loved the Wizard in Alpha. Then hated it for a while. Since the start though, he has been non-stop fun to play. So much that I really don't enjoy playing any other classes nearly as much. I played a cleric through most of alpha and beta and am just now starting to play my cleric a bit more here and there. I loved the cleric back then and still find I love her now. We'll see as I progress her.

So, you hated it for a while, but he has been non-stop fun to play since the start? You're contradicting yourself there, buddy.
  • Options
    craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Started as DC (Open Beta, day 1), will end some day far away as DC - even if its bugged and will be nerfed harder to PvP, I will stay on.
    Always been a supporter during the last few years in a couple MMOs and the cleric hits mostly what I missed on some other MMOs, a nice build hybrid.

Got a GWF I play from time to time, its kinda fun - from time to time.
    I deleted GF, CW and TR pretty fast again, I dont have fun while playing them - OK, 2 of em are alive for crafting and some bonus AD from prayers n crafts...
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    So, you hated it for a while, but he has been non-stop fun to play since the start? You're contradicting yourself there, buddy.
    . . . . . My apologies for any confusion, I shall explain a bit. By "start," I meant "launch" of the game. When I first went into Alpha, I was also a Control Wizard and loved it! Then some changes happened and the class became unplayable for me so I made a Drow Devoted Cleric and loved her. From then on until launch, I played my Cleric(s) through alpha and beta. I dabbled with the wizard a bit in testing when they changed things again (for the better) but I didn't really play the wizard again until release, which I have (up until now) played non-stop during my playtime and loved it, and still love him.
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Speaking as a life-long D&D player completely new to MMOs, I went with the familiar and created a DC back in early June...and I could not be happier. From a role-playing POV I appreciate the positive interaction with other players...I heal everyone indiscriminately unless you steal my treasure. Sure, I'm usually at the bottom of the list when it comes to damage dealt, but most times my allies walk away from every fight at full hp, and that's what matters to me. My very first D&D character was a cleric all those years ago, and I guess I have a type...
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I picked CW. When I first started out. I thought I'd love the ranged class more. Honestly I love GF much more, they can wear the strongest gear.
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    TR was my first and is still my main. No regrets at all.

I also play a DC and a CW. I love all three.
    L'sya Raiya