test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon system completely broken

girty1girty1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The dungeon system and the way party leaders can just kick anyone when loot drops is ridiculous. Also, the glitching is WAY OUT OF HAND. All's I want to do is run a regular non-glitch/shortcut (sounding like a complete moron when I don't know the glitch) dungeon run, but is almost impossible with the way people shortcut the game and totally ruin the fun for me. I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE RIGHT WAY and get chastised when I don't. I have 3 60's with almost 11k GS on each, and doing it the right way is fun for me NOT GLITCHING. FIX IT OR I AM DONE.
Post edited by girty1 on

Comments

• susurrusssusurruss Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you are not a member of a guild I suggest you join one.
  • hnbl10hnbl10 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I totally support you, all these exploits and shortcuts are something unbelievable. I've never seen so rotten community before but I guess it's typical for free to play games. Shame that fair players can't enjoy game, overwhelmed by tons of players who are looking for easy ways. True is that most players of Neverwinter are very low skilled and shouldn't play game if they can't finish dungeons. Thats normal in real life. If you are too weak for something, try harder or give up.

Devs please fix exploits. Neverwinter is great game but it suffer because of glitches and rotten community.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Worse even is that players have gotten so use to shortcuts that now they feel entitled to get everything the easy way and will actually complain when these flaws are getting fixed. To me it seems like a crappy way to play and it sucks the fun out of the game.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    susurruss wrote: »
    If you are not a member of a guild I suggest you join one.
    One of the most over used and useless replies in this forum. There are very few guilds that will actually play in a style you like. Finding one is not very easy as their descriptions usually blatant lies. For the most part guilds are useless. They are either a bunch of immature spoiled brats, exploiters, non-active players, or players that don't want to waste their time with a new player. Joining a guild should not be a requirement to play this game. All of that said if you do find a good guild, then that can make the game more enjoyable.

As to the broken dungeon problem, it has been dissected ad nauseum by this forum. Many solutions have offered and quite a few have valid fixes, however there does not some to be any implementation on the horizon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You're right, most of the players cheat and make content look stupid and underwhelming, and the devs are trying to fix this... very slowly. They care more about small bugs like the AH or the sort button... Most of the times, they don't fix the issue itself, add too small invisible walls, and players find a workaround within the next hour after the patch. They might be done in a year or two, when neverwinter's nickname will be foreverexploit everywhere on the internet. :)
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    girty1 wrote: »
    The dungeon system and the way party leaders can just kick anyone when loot drops is ridiculous. Also, the glitching is WAY OUT OF HAND. All's I want to do is run a regular non-glitch/shortcut (sounding like a complete moron when I don't know the glitch) dungeon run, but is almost impossible with the way people shortcut the game and totally ruin the fun for me. I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE RIGHT WAY and get chastised when I don't. I have 3 60's with almost 11k GS on each, and doing it the right way is fun for me NOT GLITCHING. FIX IT OR I AM DONE.

You do realize that failboating around taking hours to complete a single dungeon is not fun to the other 4 people in your group, and you not knowing how to run a dungeon ruins the fun for them, right? so why don't you join a guild of like minded people or quit. cus they obviously aren't fixing anything.
  • ethanatosethanatos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, OP.

I am one of those who enjoy playing this game the right way without glitching, bugging or exploiting. To me, if dungeons are done the previous ways then the question should be asked, "Why are you running the dungeon then?" or better yet, "why are you even playing this MMO in the first place?" And yes, you don't need to reply with, "To get geared up, duh."
    One of the most over used and useless replies in this forum. There are very few guilds that will actually play in a style you like. Finding one is not very easy as their descriptions usually blatant lies. All of that said if you do find a good guild, then that can make the game more enjoyable.

It might be useless in the context he stated it in but it is still valid if and I stress "IF" you can find the right guild who are mature, want to play the game the correct way and have fun at the same time.

In my personal experience, the guild I am in right now has all those characteristics and wow, does it make a difference. You enjoy the game even more when there are people out there to help you gear up properly and not just the high level ones only, the lower ones too. No drama is attached, no requirements or quotas to reach. We are just here for FUN, the only way to play a game.

That's my 2 cents on the matter.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You do realize that failboating around taking hours to complete a single dungeon is not fun to the other 4 people in your group, and you not knowing how to run a dungeon ruins the fun for them, right? so why don't you join a guild of like minded people or quit. cus they obviously aren't fixing anything.

Strawman argument. There is nothing about players that want to do things THE RIGHT WAY that implies that they are either unskilled or unknowledgeable about the instances.

And can we quit with the "find a guild" argument already. So cheaters and exploiters can just dominate the queues but legitimate players are the ones that need to find these rare "likeminded" players? Really? What poor logic.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Since you are the rare one, then yes, that's exactly what i'm saying. If it were the other way around, it would be the other way around. obviously. In other news, the sky is blue.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Your exploiting speed runs are ruining the fun for the other 4 people in your group. You go find a guild of speed runners to join and play your way with them and stop forcing your exploitative ways on the rest of us, and stay out of the queue. I am sick and tired of hearing about how boring it is to run the mobs. If you don't like it, then don't run dungeons. Just go buy your gear and then strut your phoney e-peen in the Enclave with all of the other posers.

The dungeons do need some major repairs, any hint of these happening would be nice. Good start with the dragon breath weapons being fixed next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Your exploiting speed runs are ruining the fun for the other 4 people in your group. You go find a guild of speed runners to join and play your way with them and stop forcing your exploitative ways on the rest of us, and stay out of the queue. I am sick and tired of hearing about how boring it is to run the mobs. If you don't like it, then don't run dungeons. Just go buy your gear and then strut your phoney e-peen in the Enclave with all of the other posers.

The dungeons do need some major repairs, any hint of these happening would be nice. Good start with the dragon breath weapons being fixed next week.
    No it's not, as the only people I ever group with are for speed or efficiency runs (not all speed runs and not all dungeons have "exploits"). Thus i'm not forcing anything on anyone. Also, queue? trololololol. that explains everything I need to know about you.
    edited September 2013
    I don't see how using the Queue tells you anything about me.

Anyhow back to the original topic. I think one of the big problems is that there just so many fixes required that making a priority list is a challenge. Looking at the latest patch notes on the preview server, it seems they are attempting to fix too many things in too many different areas. I would say they need to focus on one area at time. There are a number of bugs with the characters at the moment, but I think concentrating on dungeon fixes would satisfy a larger portion of the community. Then work on the character bugs. Once those are done then you have individuals start attacking the other bugs, such as visuals, foundry issues, and quest related bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • girty1girty1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok, I have finally had a chance to reply, I DO belong to a guild and always have belonged to guilds in all the MMO's that I have played. Yes, I do Queue from time to time (in this game it is USELESS), as I don't like all of my guildies, as you probably don't like all of yours. But, the glitches have been here since the beta, and are STILL THERE. It's gonna take someone crashing the currency like Caturday (look it up noobtards). All of you that like to spam need runner for whatever, or must know glitch, need to realize that you are all breaking the EULA (read the fine print, tards) but noone cares because it is a free game. That is all the problem... F2P. ESO will destroy this game and this game and its community will wither away. I really do like the gameplay, but the community is horrendous, and is worse than WoW... yes it is.
  • tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    There are some guilds that does dungeon runs without exploiting. The ones I know of is <Future> on the Dragon shard and Umbra Lunae on the Mindflayer shard.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Both dungeon running methods are fine - for the current situation. It's all about efficiency. I have personally reach a point when even throwing mobs off cliffs got boring, and killing is many times more effective and fun. But it wasn't always like this. Took me a certain CW set and a certain respec and a certain team (composition) for the DD runs to start being efficient and enjoyable in a legit way.

Now keep in mind, these are too many things required just to make dungeon runs enjoyable the legit way. WAY TOO MANY. If you are not geared, correctly specced, with 2/3 "correct" classes with correct gear set stacked, you will move through mobs at a snail pace. Trash is trash, should not take that long. That's why many skip it.

Now, another issue with epic dungeon trash. I'll make a comparison with WoW's trash packs from raids. So what drops do you get from trash in NWO's dungeons, hmm? Maybe some unique gear? Crafting components not available anywhere else? NO. Trash in epics is the same as trash in Sharandar, maybe worse, when it comes to drops. Now this is LAME.

OK, now WoW. Raid trash drops, over the ages:

- BoE epics
    - unique epic crafting patterns
    - unique epic crafting materials
    - epic gems
    - all kinds of USEFUL other drops I have forgotten about now

This gives people a reason to even farm trash, instead of skipping.

So in conclusion, the speedrunners - you shouldn't blame. They adapted to a situation and are making the most of the good parts of the game. However, skipping is not OK. So who to blame then for the situation? Well, you already know the answer... it's the guys who designed the dungeons and the rewards.
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi, my name is logical. Why don't you blame cryptic for allowing these exploits to be possible, for not saying it is wrong, for not punishing people for it? Logical has left the house, goodbye.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I give the op a thumbs up on the glitching part. I tried to run a lot dungeons on the weekend (pugs) only to find myself constantly in parties where people started to run through half of the dungeon to die somewhere for respawning or already asked at the very start to skip content, spawn somewhere through a wall or whatever. I could not manage to find one party that at least tried to run a dungeon normally.

Just for Spider I have to say that fighting the end boss is way too complicated and glitching her seems the only valid way to beat her. We hit her like 20 mins last time only to see that our DPS were not fast enough to burn the healing spiders, then we gave up. THAT really needs to be redone. Final boss fight needs adjustments or it forces glitching it more and more.

At the moment I really think they should change the way a dungeon works and implement some sort of kill counter. 1st boss will only spawn when 90% of the mobs before were killed. 2nd boss will only spawn when 90% of the mobs before were killed and 3rd boss will only spawn when 1st boss and 2nd boss were killed. Maybe this would finally remove the cheating. At the moment you could run some dungeons and avoid all trash mobs until you are at first boss and so forth.

It really is no fun lately, hardly any dungeon without someone speedrunning or glitching it (and how creative some people are in finding glitches is just amazing). I really wonder why people want to gear up when all they do is avoid any fight in a dungeon anyway.

Even worse that even in pugs people only want to glitch the dungeon nowadays. If people want to speedrun or shortcut a dungeon please make a premade and don't join pugs. Lately I really only laugh when people advertise dungeon parties in LFG chat with "xped only". "xped" is just another word for "know all the glitches, bring a lot of kits and don't remove your finger from the 'w' key").
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    Just for Spider I have to say that fighting the end boss is way too complicated and glitching her seems the only valid way to beat her. We hit her like 20 mins last time only to see that our DPS were not fast enough to burn the healing spiders, then we gave up. THAT really needs to be redone. Final boss fight needs adjustments or it forces glitching it more and more.

Our group manages to push 3 Spiders into a DD event, all legit kills. 2 CWs around 12K GS but without good enchants (I still don't have any weapon ench. for example), 15K GF, TR. CW setup: EF on Tab, Icy Terrain, Steal Time, Ice Storm daily. Everybody hugs the boss, and unloads on boss like crazy. CWs Ice Storm the adds away, and CC them with Steal Time/Icy Terrain constantly. It's basically zerging the boss through and ignoring the heals. And we're just guys from /lfg, so I'm sure other teams with voicechat and better gear do much better.

All in all, killing the final Spider boss legit might take less time than glitching it. Sadly, I'd say you need at least moderately decent gear and experience with your class, as the boss seems unrealistic for pugs and /queue groups (which should be able to kill the boss with 8300 GS, but that won't happen...).
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

The BoE (not even account wide) is why this behavior emerges... If you prevent players from making any AD, they will milk exploits to get that loot the quickest way possible. In this case, running to bosses and bypassing all adds that drop only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...

If they'd revert to BoP (or at least make it a % roll some of the time) this would get better... Also, that Need/Greed is a failure too now that chest stuff if BoP.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

So when the entire group agrees to a greed run then whomever the drop is for wait until the last roll is made and then rolls Need, the party lead is still able to boot his *** (quite justifiably) so the rest of the party can share the loot as agreed upon before the run even started.
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Strawman argument. There is nothing about players that want to do things THE RIGHT WAY that implies that they are either unskilled or unknowledgeable about the instances.

And can we quit with the "find a guild" argument already. So cheaters and exploiters can just dominate the queues but legitimate players are the ones that need to find these rare "likeminded" players? Really? What poor logic.

And you're argument goes out the window as you claim that your way is the right way, and any other way is bad. You want to force everyone to think exactly like you do just as you are claiming the person you quoted is doing. I personally am a casual player and I am so glad there are ways around an hour long (or more with lower geared group) dungeon run, that is one of the big things keeping me very interested in this game.

it took me ~15 runs of the 4 T2 dungeons to get my full T2 on my DC, all but 2 of which were pugged (lfg chat) So if I would have been forced to do things "THE RIGHT WAY" (ie your way) it would have taken me between 15-20 hours at the least. I was lucky to get it that fast, I am now working on a new set for my GF as well, and may even go back and get shadow weaver for my CW too. If I had to grind 20+ hours for each set of gear I probably wouldn't even bother.

So thank you cryptic for letting me get what I need quicker! The PvP is why I play end game anyway so if I didn't have to run these dungeons for my gear I wouldn't. PvE is just the same exact fights over and over with no challenge or evolving AI, which I why I don't understand the "we should have to kill every single trash mob every single run!!!" argument, it's the same exact **** thing every time, are you really there for anything other than loot?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

What you call failboating, most people call playing the game. What you call "not knowing how to run" most people call "not entertained by exploiting". If not exploiting ruins it for them, then they arent even playing the game in the first place, and if exploiting is the only way to have fun, then it is the exploiters, and not the people who want to play the game as intended, who need to take your advice and quit.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    it took me ~15 runs of the 4 T2 dungeons to get my full T2 on my DC, all but 2 of which were pugged (lfg chat) So if I would have been forced to do things "THE RIGHT WAY" (ie your way) it would have taken me between 15-20 hours at the least.

In other games you would need to spend 20 hours (ingame time) to be lucky to get ONE item that you might need, most of the time even longer. Best gear drops on raid encounters only, now guess how long it might take when you run this with 12 people or more with a 1% drop rate or lower on a mob that has a lockout timer of 3-7 days.

20 hours to have a full set of armor is nothing! Compare that to the hours you need to spend to level ONE profession to 20 or compare it to the ingame time you need to grind for and build a rank 9 enchantment. The actual playing (doing the dungeon) is the shortest time in the whole calculation and if you find that boring already I really wonder why you "play" this game.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    In other games you would need to spend 20 hours (ingame time) to be lucky to get ONE item that you might need, most of the time even longer. Best gear drops on raid encounters only, now guess how long it might take when you run this with 12 people or more with a 1% drop rate or lower on a mob that has a lockout timer of 3-7 days.

20 hours to have a full set of armor is nothing! Compare that to the hours you need to spend to level ONE profession to 20 or compare it to the ingame time you need to grind for and build a rank 9 enchantment. The actual playing (doing the dungeon) is the shortest time in the whole calculation and if you find that boring already I really wonder why you "play" this game.

Lol which is why I don't play other games and do play this one.

professions can be leveled up easily without any effort, I just switched out my professions at work via the gateway, there is no "grind" aspect to professions in this game.

I have found it quite easy to get R8's and I will stick with those thanks, you can pay 16x more for 80 stat points if you wish but I'm good.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • bladerunner2000bladerunner2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    So when the entire group agrees to a greed run then whomever the drop is for wait until the last roll is made and then rolls Need, the party lead is still able to boot his *** (quite justifiably) so the rest of the party can share the loot as agreed upon before the run even started.

In months I have never seen any pug group or LFG group agree to a "greed" run upfront. This is just a lousy excuse to behave like a greedy child.

However yesterday I did join a LFG group that actually stated upfront that it was a non exploit run. Guildies laughed and said we'd never finish especially since no one was more than 10K (this was SP). 90 minutes later we had the satisfaction of completing SP with no exploits with 2 groupies that had no SP experience at all. We took our time on each boss and only had one wipe between the three. Have to say it was the most rewarding dungeon experience to date.
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    In months I have never seen any pug group or LFG group agree to a "greed" run upfront. This is just a lousy excuse to behave like a greedy child.

However yesterday I did join a LFG group that actually stated upfront that it was a non exploit run. Guildies laughed and said we'd never finish especially since no one was more than 10K (this was SP). 90 minutes later we had the satisfaction of completing SP with no exploits with 2 groupies that had no SP experience at all. We took our time on each boss and only had one wipe between the three. Have to say it was the most rewarding dungeon experience to date.

I like the cut of your jib.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    One of the most over used and useless replies in this forum. There are very few guilds that will actually play in a style you like. Finding one is not very easy as their descriptions usually blatant lies. For the most part guilds are useless. They are either a bunch of immature spoiled brats, exploiters, non-active players, or players that don't want to waste their time with a new player. Joining a guild should not be a requirement to play this game. All of that said if you do find a good guild, then that can make the game more enjoyable.

Embers of the Phoenix is a fun guild that enjoys running dungeons without glitching. If you are on Dragon shard, you know how to communicate, and how to both teach and learn, look us up.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    Speed Run and Shortcut are legal on this game, why would they offer this services in the dungeon and do you know anyone being ban by the shortcut. LOL. It is specifically mention on the Map that it can be finish on certain time ex. 45 mins. I rest my case.

I suggest you find some guild or friends that would cater to your needs but dont drag the rest of the community on your whim.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And the insidious part of allowing these sorts of exploits is that if they ever do get stopped through some sort of administrative or coding vehicle then all the people who are currently used to that system will cry havoc and let slip the poodles of complaints leading to yet another PR black-eye for the game.

Letting these things persist actually lets them grow and become entrenched.

Pay now or pay later, lots more later.
  • bladerunner2000bladerunner2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Speed Run and Shortcut are legal on this game, why would they offer this services in the dungeon and do you know anyone being ban by the shortcut. LOL. It is specifically mention on the Map that it can be finish on certain time ex. 45 mins. I rest my case.

I suggest you find some guild or friends that would cater to your needs but dont drag the rest of the community on your whim.

BS. Speed running/stealthing to the next campfire is fine. Using unintentional cracks in the architecture (e.g. running under the bridge in Fardelver's which is now fixed) is an exploit for which people should be first warned then banned for using.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    BS. Speed running/stealthing to the next campfire is fine. Using unintentional cracks in the architecture (e.g. running under the bridge in Fardelver's which is now fixed) is an exploit for which people should be first warned then banned for using.

i never mention exploit run, i said legal speed run and shortcut, if you havent notice exploit are being patch, but not the shortcut. LOL.

So to you out there, it is there to stay and it is legal, if it is exploit it will be patch, if it is not patch it is LEGAL.