test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Charge Rewards Program

sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, yesterday I transferred 2000 Zen to Neverwinter and purchased and Ioun Stone of Allure. This morning I see this:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=980611

Of course, it's not retroactive, not even 24 hours, because that would actually make me feel good about a past purchase ...
Post edited by sedryntyros on

Comments

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *shrugs* Just how things work. They're under no obligation to extend new offers retroactively to people. If they did, people just beyond their arbitrary cutoff would complain. Sorry you didn't get the special deal, but at the time, you must have thought buying 2000 zen and getting a companion was worth it, or you wouldn't have done it in the first place.
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *shrugs* Just how things work. They're under no obligation to extend new offers retroactively to people. If they did, people just beyond their arbitrary cutoff would complain. Sorry you didn't get the special deal, but at the time, you must have thought buying 2000 zen and getting a companion was worth it, or you wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Of course they're under no obligation and before somebody comes along quoting the TOS again, I get the point; it's totally their prerogative to make poor decisions and run their game into the ground. But consider this: wouldn't it be to their advantage to make people feel good about spending Zen whenever they want instead of always keep them wondering if there's going to be a better deal around the corner they'll miss out on? I could be sitting here feeling even better about transferring 2000 Zen yesterday, but instead I wish I had waited until today. Why not make me feel good about yesterday AND excited about buying more Zen today? It's completely to their advantage to do so. They could have very easily said "and if you've transferred Zen during the past couple of weeks, 50% of that Zen applies to this promotion!" I'd still need to buy more Zen and I'd feel a lot better about past purchasing than I do right now. That's called customer satisfaction, a.k.a. good business.
  • hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is just the way it is. You didnt buy 2000 zen for these rewards so why ***** about it now? I too am sorry you missed out, but you got what you wanted with the zen and today is a new day & the bonuses are offered TODAY not yesterday or day before. If you want these rewards purchase zen. This is to TEMPT people to buy MORE zen. Not please people who have already shelled out their cash. That would be a customer loyalty program. This is a zen INCENTIVE plan. It makes no sense to be mad about this when it was never your intention to get freebies anyway.

Also how is this PW fault? You blame them like they waited for you to buy zen just to screw you :/ **** happens man. And if they retro you, when does it stop does someone a week ago get retro'd, a month ago? Again man sorry you feel you got screwed but you are 100% wrong and this is life. PW might do alot of **** you may consider them a bad company for. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is just the way it is. You didnt buy 2000 zen for these rewards so why ***** about it now? I too am sorry you missed out but you got what you wanted with the zen and today is a new day. If you want these rewards purchase zen. it makes no sense to be mad about this when it was never your intention to get freebies anyway.

Also how is this PW fault? You blame them like they waited for you to buy zen just to screw you :/ **** happens man. And if they retro you, when does it stop does someone a week ago get retro'd, a month ago? Again man sorry you feel you got screwed but you are 100% wrong and this is life. PW might do alot of **** you may consider them a bad company for. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I guess some people are fine with getting screwed regularly, I'm just not one of them. I'd have given people 50% credit if they'd ever purchased Zen, but then again I'm not used to the way PWE does business. Maybe after I get broken in some more I'll feel better about how awesome they are at making people feel bad for supporting the game with their money. I think they'd get more money in the long run if they adopted an approach that made people feel good about their investments rather than remorseful, but I'll admit I could be wrong about that.
  • krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Does anyone have a link to information pertaining to these rewards?

Is the Sun Mask purely cosmetic?

Fey Wolf Mount rarity and Speed?

Quickling Companion rarity and abilities?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's the same as anyone who made Zen store purchases prior to a sale or a permanent discount, or who bought Zen right before it went on sale.

Tip: Promotions and events seem to be pretty much always announced on Thursdays, to coincide with the regular maintenance schedule. Time buying decisions accordingly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    krowsys wrote: »

See the news post. (yes - fashion item, green, green, abilities to be added to post)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I guess some people are fine with getting screwed regularly, I'm just not one of them. I'd have given people 50% credit if they'd ever purchased Zen, but then again I'm not used to the way PWE does business. Maybe after I get broken in some more I'll feel better about how awesome they are at making people feel bad for supporting the game with their money. I think they'd get more money in the long run if they adopted an approach that made people feel good about their investments rather than remorseful, but I'll admit I could be wrong about that.

That's just it though, you didn't get screwed. You paid for 2000 zen - period. You knew that was exactly what you would be getting, which was exactly 2000 zen with nothing else extra, and you were okay with that at the time. Just because they're running a special now doesn't mean you didn't get what you paid for yesterday.
  • krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    See the news post. (yes - fashion item, green, green, abilities to be added to post)
    I read the post which is why I came here.
    Thanks Becky you Lunatic. :o
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please refer to the stickied Charge Rewards FAQ for further details.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited September 2013
    krowsys wrote: »

More info is available here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?489981-Neverwinter-Charge-Rewards-FAQ.
This discussion has been closed.