test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Leave Instance" button/feature?

cohenbearcohenbear Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I just re-Q'd for epic SP, and I'm the only one in the party. I can see the other guys running around but they're not in my group. I cant leave the party manually cos Im not in one, so I do GM help which teleports me back to PE, but I'm still stuck in the instance with no way of queuing for another Dungeon. This is not the first time this happened, and I know a lot people having the same issue now and then. Suggestion: enable a 'leave instance' feature or button so if this happens, there's a way to get out of it..
Post edited by cohenbear on

Comments

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    all dungeons, when you enter them, have an exit door. you should be able to turn around and exit when you are placed into a dungeon where no one is a member of the party. you can also manually party with all of those people. sometimes i've been dropped back at the zone entrance for that dungeon and sometimes (probably more times than not) i've been dropped back at where i was before being pulled into the dungeon.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Exit door doesn't help when you're stuck in an instance. It really doesn't help when you're stuck in a skirmish instance (maybe PvP too?).

Basically, what happens is you're not actually in the instance anymore, but the game thinks you are. You can often clear it by leaving a party, but not if you're no longer in a party. You can often clear it by relogging, but not always.

Manually forming the party inside the dungeon would probably work fine, since presumably those people you can see are supposed to be your party. If it happens again, say something instead of just leaving.

An escape button, like there is for bailing on a Foundry mission, would be helpful though, as I get stuck after finishing skirmishes fairly regularly and it is a pain to try to clear the bugged instance and queue again.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If the instance persists you have to wait for the instance to reset, which is usually around 10 mins. I normally just hop on an alt for that time.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree that waiting works, it's just not so great if you're trying to get in on a Dungeon Delve or trying to finish off that last skirmish you know you're going to have outlevelled by the next time the event is on and you might have a chance of getting a group together.

If some of the other game mechanics didn't include so much time pressure, waiting it out would be less painful.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    help>GM>stuck>unable to progress>abort mission

yes, you'll have to wait until the instance closes before you can re-Q if you have the "instance still active" bug.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cohenbear wrote: »
    So I just re-Q'd for epic SP, and I'm the only one in the party. I can see the other guys running around but they're not in my group. I cant leave the party manually cos Im not in one, so I do GM help which teleports me back to PE, but I'm still stuck in the instance with no way of queuing for another Dungeon. This is not the first time this happened, and I know a lot people having the same issue now and then. Suggestion: enable a 'leave instance' feature or button so if this happens, there's a way to get out of it..

This exact same problem has started happening to me recently too and it is so annoying , one thing I think might work (although I need to try it again ) is to strip off gear until you are below the GS for the instance you were stuck in , I did this earlier and it cleared the instance but I don't know if it was just coincidence .
    Manually forming the party inside the dungeon would probably work fine, since presumably those people you can see are supposed to be your party. If it happens again, say something instead of just leaving.

Yes Becky , you are correct , if you start inviting the other players you can form a full party if the other players have the patience to wait until a full number of players gets dragged into the instance , just have to be fast to invite them before they run off.
  • dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    This happens to me in GG all the time. It's one of the reasons I stopped going. By the time the Return to Instance button goes away, the event is over.
  • stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've had it happen to me a lot. Wait 5-10 minutes (log out) and re-enter. Annoying, but what we have to do until they give us a leave instance button.