test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

pvp is a huge let down

pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
im sorry but it is maybe the worst pvp of any mmo i have played. HUGE imbalances STUPID mechanics, poor class design (they rogue spec when they never leave stealth and still kill you is so awful it defies sense) to many immunes, lack of content, broken dodge, AWFUL LoS. really. you can't do better? games been out awhile now. really poor. maybe selling cheap mounts in the store and make the game playable? everyone i know who played the game quit, geuss i'll have to join em. huge let down. followed this game for ages. really, dear god, this pvp. lol. so bad.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Good bye and so long. Have a nice day:)
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • swift231swift231 Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    complain about something worthwhile at least, like lack of maps and game modes.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The followed the game for ages and the PvP was apparently the only thing you cared about? I mean if that's enough to make you quit then that must be the case.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree with kingculex. Sorry to disappoint, but there are players in pvp MUCH BETTER than me and you. I hope the best always wins.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Every complaint he made ... was made as a CW.

As a forwarning, as I had a guildie last night yelling at rogues: rogues trash CW's. That's their bread and butter, the easiest kill they have. Their job is to kill CW's first and foremost, most games.

Watch a CW attack a GF, and you'll realize what the CW is for. My GWF can swing on a GF for an age and barely break it down, but a CW will rip them to shreds ... and easy, too.

Every class has it's nemesis and it's victim.

Tips for you in PvP:

- Make sure your part of a solid team. PUG's in any game fail, but in this game fail hardest due to the average lack of intelligence of most players as well as an overall lack of communication in PUG's. PvP requires a team to play, and a well-geared team that's communicating does best.

- Get your gear up. Nobody ever said that there aren't high GS players who suck. But I will tell you this, a high-GS player who knows what he's doing will beat a better, lower-GS player every time. Gear does matter, especially enchants.

- Focus on the objective. Don't just go for the kill. If the target runs, sometimes it's best to let them. If you kill someone, leave them lying on the ground begging for help. Better to have them weak running around like idiots than full health and respawned in 8 seconds.

There is room for a lot of improvement, for sure. But until the game is live for at least six months to a year, I'm going to hold onto it and see how it goes. The MMO world does NOT move fast.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    Every complaint he made ... was made as a CW.

A 6k GS CW, facing a full premade... Then cries on forums b/c he lost once. Typical forum post these days sadly =(
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    A 6k GS CW, facing a full premade... Then cries on forums b/c he lost once. Typical forum post these days sadly =(

Where does he say he has only a 6k GS?
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    what op said is ture, the match up system is simply bad, certain premade can simply trash people.
    I only mean like a 3 man premade. 2DC+GWF 1DC 1CW 1TR etc it is very powerful since u can have multiple class at the same team or ridiculous synergy with only 2 man or 3 man.
    Hence there is no gs gap
    Was in a game with a 6k gs cw, and the start of the game, i was like omg this cw only 6k. We are 3 man premade and we crash other team hard, that cw got most point and started to say that my gs doesn't affect my score. Funny enough, next game he is on opposite team, what happen? Their whole team quit with 0 kills.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Where does he say he has only a 6k GS?

For him to come to the conclusions he did I can only infer that he is a very fresh 60 with little to no gear, as the only time I've ever though classes we're imbalanced was the first week or so that I played 60 PvP.

My guess is he hit 60, at best bought a non-set epic or 2 from AH and ran into a premade on his first Q.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited September 2013
    For him to come to the conclusions he did I can only infer that he is a very fresh 60 with little to no gear, as the only time I've ever though classes we're imbalanced was the first week or so that I played 60 PvP.

My guess is he hit 60, at best bought a non-set epic or 2 from AH and ran into a premade on his first Q.

Gotha. This individual also trolls threads calling TRs op. Every class can be op if it is geared properly and has a skilled player. The sentinel GWF for example can take on several players at once and survive while a TR would be dead.

• chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gotha. This individual also trolls threads calling TRs op. Every class can be op if it is geared properly and has a skilled player. The sentinel GWF for example can take on several players at once and survive while a TR would be dead.

Yep. Just need to learn to play. If we see a Sent in PvP, it's worthless for me as a Destroyer to try to face them 1v1, so I get someone with me and we crush them down to keep the node capped. What he refers to as poor class balance is just a properly geared player. Save up AD. Or swipe. Your choice.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2013

i have just over 10k gs. didnt once moan about gear. i have rogue to. the game is just junk pvp wise. nothing makes sense. immunes are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you can 2 shot (way to promote skill). GWF have become such brats (had one in a bg moaning that his immune didnt last long enough to kill a cw..really? really?) gf dmg is simply to high for something with that much def/. LoS is, im sorry just flat out broken, 2 maps, dodge/teleport etc bugg endlessly. really im sorry but if you think this pvp is good you are 1) into S&M 2) have no idea what pvp should be.
    sorry to moan, won;t post here again. it just a waste of time.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i have a TR. they are op. if you don;t know this then your in flat out denial. i have CW. at start of game they were op.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    pzg33 wrote: »
    im sorry but it is maybe the worst pvp of any mmo i have played. HUGE imbalances STUPID mechanics, poor class design (they rogue spec when they never leave stealth and still kill you is so awful it defies sense) to many immunes, lack of content, broken dodge, AWFUL LoS. really. you can't do better? games been out awhile now. really poor. maybe selling cheap mounts in the store and make the game playable? everyone i know who played the game quit, geuss i'll have to join em. huge let down. followed this game for ages. really, dear god, this pvp. lol. so bad.

Not true, i had my very first 60 pvp 2 days ago and it was a blast. And i don't even own a 110% mount or gems above r6, yet. PvP in this game really comes down to, if you read the tooltips properly because if you do, you can figure out plenty of useful/effective builds and enjoy some pvp since you most likely will know what/when/where to do once you've learned how a certain class works.

Anyway, take care.

edited September 2013
    pzg33 wrote: »
    i have a TR. they are op. if you don;t know this then your in flat out denial. i have CW. at start of game they were op.

I did not say it first but learn to play because CWs can be very OP if properly geared and played by a skilled player. Go ahead and leave because its so obvious the issue is you do not know how to play your CW. Every class can be op if it is geared properly and has a skilled player.

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PVP is what you make of it. Just had our premade (CW, GF, GF, DC, TR) versus 5 TR premade. Normally, this would be a slaughter fest fora CW. What did I do? Slotted Steal Time, Icy Terrian, and Oppressive Force. Result: 2 deaths for me and we slaughtered them.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    why u come up with sentiniel GWF in every pvp thread? When u dont even have lv 60 well geared 1?
    edited September 2013
    dante123pl wrote: »
    why u come up with sentiniel GWF in every pvp thread? When u dont even have lv 60 well geared 1?

I actually I do not even have a GWF, never said I had one, will be making one shortly, and do not want them nerfed. Sentinel GWFs are a very good example to use because they are one of the hardest builds to take down if played correctly. GFs that are well geared and played by a skilled player are also very hard to kill. If you bother to read my next post I also say CWs can be very OP if played correctly. I am currently working on leveling a CW. It would be different if I went about crying for them to nerfed which I am not doing.

I am against any more nerfs to any class and actually think DC should get a buff. A possible reason for the nerfs was to push lvl 60 players to play Fury of the Feywild to unlock the new boons. Have a nice day.

edited September 2013
    I actually I do not even have a GWF, never said I had one, will be making one shortly, and do not want them nerfed. Sentinel GWFs are a very good example to use because they are one of the hardest builds to take down if played correctly. GFs that are well geared and played by a skilled player are also very hard to kill. If you bother to read my next post I also say CWs can be very OP if played correctly. I am currently working on leveling a CW. It would be different if I went about crying for them to nerfed which I am not doing.

I am against any more nerfs to any class and actually think DC should get a buff. A possible reason for the nerfs was to push lvl 60 players to play Fury of the Feywild to unlock the new boons. Have a nice day.
    gotta agree with this.
    edited September 2013
    dante123pl wrote: »
    gotta agree with this.

I honestly think the devs should also focus on class breaking bugs that date back to the early days of beta and finally fix them instead of doing more nerfs. The two main ones are the Stealth TR bug and the GWF Unstoppable bug. Both bugs have begun occurring more regularly since the expansion was released and more bugs have appeared. Another annoying one is players being stuck in attack mode until they relog. The attack bug seems to mainly occur while playing the Fury of the Feywild.

edited September 2013
    I honestly think the devs should also focus on class breaking bugs that date back to the early days of beta and finally fix them instead of doing more nerfs. The two main ones are the Stealth TR bug and the GWF Unstoppable bug. Both bugs have begun occurring more regularly since the expansion was released and more bugs have appeared. Another annoying one is players being stuck in attack mode until they relog. The attack bug seems to mainly occur while playing the Fury of the Feywild.
    well the unstoppable bug went worse atm
  • valcrist24valcrist24 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Where's the "Like" button, for this comment?
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    I give thanks to God that there is no duel in the game because the amount of rogues abusing the mechanics of stealth permanent would be absurd in x1.
    edited September 2013
    I give thanks to God that there is no duel in the game because the amount of rogues abusing the mechanics of stealth permanent would be absurd in x1.

Dealing with a stealth rogue is not hard.

GWF/GF just need to get close and stun lock them.
    CW just use Steal Time or Icy Terrian
    Other TRs just use their stealth too.
    DCs heal themselves and a die a lot.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    Dealing with a stealth rogue is not hard.

GWF/GF just need to get close and stun lock them.
    CW just use Steal Time or Icy Terrian
    Other TRs just use their stealth too.
    DCs heal themselves and a die a lot.
    Yes, it is very easy to approach when the rogue uses the dodge with stealth and move in the direction he wants to avoid detection. Incidentally when using dodge it still earns more stealth with the choice of a feat ... There is still a class feature that gives 30% more speed in stealth and another with 15% more movement speed ... All perfect to be untouchable ...
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you play with rogue will understand that it is not so. In addition, play with the rogue develops a certain skill that other classes never develop by themselves.

Most cws are accustomed to a certain privileged position in pve where gwf / gf are picking up ahead as you are well away thinking they are the soul of the team. What is the pvp does show how things really are.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I find it funny how people that are always asking for nerfs or have an opinion about how op a class is DON'T even play that class or do and it's only lvl 30. lol
    It takes absolutely NO skill to play a rogue and even less skill running around in stealth killing people that can't even defend themselves. I know because I actually played/had one in regular t1 pvp gear and rank 5 enchants no vorpal and witnessed myself how op that class is. It was so easy I even stopped smoke bombing/dazing just so they have a chance, they either run away or die. Really? how fun is that?
    Only time I had a problem was if I got caught by a cw or back stabbed by another/better rogue. ;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    edited September 2013
    Removed because it was not constructive.

edited September 2013
    Yes, it is very easy to approach when the rogue uses the dodge with stealth and move in the direction he wants to avoid detection. Incidentally when using dodge it still earns more stealth with the choice of a feat ... There is still a class feature that gives 30% more speed in stealth and another with 15% more movement speed ... All perfect to be untouchable ...

Here's a little thread I made to address fighting the cookie-cutter Executioner LB/IS/ITC rogue. It's not fool-proof, but it's a decent start.

I'd also recommend opening up with Repel unless his ITC is up.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Must be you, enough said. I find it funny how ignorant players go about claiming this class or that class requires no skill when each class requires a different skill set. Any experienced PVPer will say that a rogue will not do much damage and will die quickly if it had t1 gear, rank 5 enchantments, and not a decent weapon enchantment. If this individual did have a lvl 60 rogue she was probably facing inexperience players with blue/green gear just to make this claim. I honestly think this individual never had a rogue or never got above lvl 30.

lol a hit dog always hollers.
    Sorry my post made you feel less special about your easymode rogue.
    Couple hints, people always use that less damage excuse but just like the perm stealth rogue, you don't need alot of damage to kill somebody that can't see you, hit you or even defend themselves but since you being a pro you would know this already.
    And who knows if they had green gear. Not like every pug in pvp have bis gear and experienced. I'm sure you know this too.
    From your avatar, I would say you are a rogue that's why you need your ego boosted from easy kills and don't want easymode taken from you with a nerf. ;)
    Your comment made me and my friend laugh. Thank you.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.