test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daily Refinement Amount

kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The **** cap on this needs to be raised, ever since the changes came about with BoP etc, I sit at over 20-40K on the daily refinement of AD. I can hardly make decent money now.
I would like the cap to be lifted for level 60 players to 50K-100K a day.
I'm not the only one who sits with the refinement cap for the day, it's insane.
I'm not the luckiest when it comes to rolling hight on gear in dungeons so yeh.
GasMaskSmall-1.png
Lift me up..
Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
Post edited by kristingrave on

Comments

• Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i know ur pain i got 283k AD waiting to be refined
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    raising the cap would be great with people who has a lot of ore to refine BUT in the same time would not make it better for YOU.

raising the cap means MORE AD goes into the market. This can raise the AD/Zen exchange (cap at 500 due to coding and min at 50) The more AD are in the game, the higher the exchange which is BAD for you. You would want lower AD/Zen rate because you can then use the "free Zen" you get from AD and buy Zen stuff with LESS work on your part.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They're not going to raise the cap. People sitting on unrefined AD isn't a bad thing to them (they've certainly never raised the cap in Star Trek, even though you can pretty easily get several times that in one day if you focused on it).

Personally, the way I've looked at it (in STO; I don't cap in NW) is that having more than the cap is nice - it means that I can "skip" a few days of farming, and instead can play the things I want to (without any pressure to grind out that day's limit).
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You only have 40k in rad? Between 7 chars, I have a little over 5m in rad which will take me years to unload.:(
    And yes, they do need to up the refine limit to like 50k.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How in the world do you get 5 *million* in rough AD? Constant dungeon farming?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The limit is specifically there to slow the rate of ADs into the market. The *only* way I could see the devs raising this amount would be as either a separate purchase from the Zen store, or as a reward for buying/transferring in more than a certain amount of Zen, into NW.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    pointsman wrote: »

What I did got some people in trouble so I won't say on here. And no I haven't done a dungeon since feywild if you don't count gg.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What I did got some people in trouble so I won't say on here. And no I haven't done a dungeon since feywild if you don't count gg.:)

That just make it sound like you exploited, and would like Cryptic to let you enjoy the results.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    That just make it sound like you exploited, and would like Cryptic to let you enjoy the results.

Exploawhat? Oh, you mean getting lucky. Indeed, Cryptic has stated that getting lucky is fine. Cheers and all that. I'm also curious how you have millions of RAD. Are you just buying stuff from the AH to refine and add to your RAD pile for funzies?

I've been moving anything that needs salvaging and isn't bound to my alts for refinement. Otherwise, my main would probably have about half a mil sitting around. (It's very worth the zen to buy a few more character slots; if not for anything else, it is for this purpose.)
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Good job there on letting people know you exploited publicly.
    That and it's a daily 20-40k extra, at this point I hardly bother with dailies other then GG and PvP.
    Raising it to 50k daily wouldn't break the game, that's just an extra 26k then we have now. -.-
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The limit is specifically there to slow the rate of ADs into the market. The *only* way I could see the devs raising this amount would be as either a separate purchase from the Zen store, or as a reward for buying/transferring in more than a certain amount of Zen, into NW.

That could work like getting a pass to refine more AD for x time.

Maybe a pass that allows you to refine upto 50k more (one time) for like 500z or something similar ;)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sasheria wrote: »

Maybe a pass that allows you to refine upto 50k more (one time) for like 500z or something similar ;)

I was gonna stay off the board for awhile. But this suggestion makes me go... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!?!

500z for 50k unrefined to refine (and then one time you say, lols).... Do you understand how the Zen/AD exchange works.... This is quadruple facepalm worthy.

For the love of god devs, do not listen to that suggestion, for the love of god CMs, delete it completely so the Devs don't get any dumb ideas.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    sasheria wrote: »

You realize how pointless that would be. Wasting the AD to get the AD. Logic?
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I was gonna stay off the board for awhile. But this suggestion makes me go... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!?!

500z for 50k unrefined to refine (and then one time you say, lols).... Do you understand how the Zen/AD exchange works.... This is quadruple facepalm worthy.

For the love of god devs, do not listen to that suggestion, for the love of god CMs, delete it completely so the Devs don't get any dumb ideas.

However, a service that doubles your refinement limit, across your entire account, may be worth 300-500 Zen for some people.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    However, a service that doubles your refinement limit, across your entire account, may be worth 300-500 Zen for some people.

Not if it's a one time use item. Like that person suggested.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Not if it's a one time use item. Like that person suggested.

Agreed... but I'm referring to a permanent upgrade.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    That's a more reasonable suggestion. If it was permanent I'd probably purchase. My guess itd have some time limit on it (like for a week). But the original suggestion was befuddling.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Agreed... but I'm referring to a permanent upgrade.

Then yes, for a permanent it would be worth it.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The problem is, any service/item that allows you to refine more ADs *MUST* be more useful than simply converting that same amount of Zen directly into refined ADs... hence why I'm pushing for a permanent limit increase.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you could spend AD/zen to enable refining more AD/zen then the rich would just keep getting richer. Which, I believe, is what the cap is there to keep in check in the first place.

You can already unlock more character slots and use them to salv/refine unbound purples. So, basically, what you're asking for already exists to some degree.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    If you could spend AD/zen to enable refining more AD/zen then the rich would just keep getting richer. Which, I believe, is what the cap is there to keep in check in the first place.

You can already unlock more character slots and use them to salv/refine unbound purples. So, basically, what you're asking for already exists to some degree.

That's true! For 500 Zen you basically get another 48K RAD you can refine each day... but you cannot transfer RADs - only unbound purples, like you mentioned... so it's not a direct method.

Also, since you can already buy ADs with Zen directly, the refinement limit wouldn't really prevent the rich from getting richer, as you say - the limit really impacts those that actually play more (than those that simply spend).
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well since a ninja mod just went through this.
    Any chance you could sujest this to the higher ups?
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well since a ninja mod just went through this.
    Any chance you could sujest this to the higher ups?

Higher ups read the forums too. So it's likely they know about this, however, as a matter of personal opinion, I don't think it's really necessary. If you increase the supply, you risk inflation and runaway AD/ZEN prices. PWE won't step in to manipulate those prices because it's the idea of being a completely player-driven system.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Higher ups read the forums too. So it's likely they know about this, however, as a matter of personal opinion, I don't think it's really necessary. If you increase the supply, you risk inflation and runaway AD/ZEN prices. PWE won't step in to manipulate those prices because it's the idea of being a completely player-driven system.

They don't read them enough.
    As I stated before highly doubt 26k more AD a day would cause huge market AD to Zen issues.
    Since as of now there is no decent way to make good money with the all ready inflated market.
    Unless of course you get lucky with rolls in CN/MC/T2. :L
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The entire basis of this games economy is 24k ad/day/character. It had always been based on this. The only other way ad is created in the economy is through founder packs but those are limited, and jeweled/planar idols, which are a set drop rate from zen bought keys that puts their ad cost at around 1250 zen per 45k ad, ie the most inefficient ad creation source available. All ad bought on the exchange, earned through ah sales, etc is drawn from these sources, of which 99% is from rough ad refinement.

Doubling the ad creation rate in game is literally insane. Ah prices would double, zen sales would come to a complete stop unless the 500 ad per zen cap was removed, and the ad price for in game services/items would need to be adjusted as well. Doubling ad generation rate effectively halves its value. The only benefit would be if they left the cost of services alone(ie like removing enchants, upgrading companions, ad store companions like cat etc) their ad cost would seem reasonable in a world where everyone has twice as much ad. But the inability to buy zen for ad would kill peoples incentive to buy zen from pw to sell to other players thus killing the f2p model. Ofc they could just raise the limit to 1000ad per zen.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Good job there on letting people know you exploited publicly.
    That and it's a daily 20-40k extra, at this point I hardly bother with dailies other then GG and PvP.
    Raising it to 50k daily wouldn't break the game, that's just an extra 26k then we have now. -.-

Me? Exploiting? No never I would never do anything like that.;)
    Btw you're pretty:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    edited September 2013
    The entire basis of this games economy is 24k ad/day/character. It had always been based on this. The only other way ad is created in the economy is through founder packs but those are limited, and jeweled/planar idols, which are a set drop rate from zen bought keys that puts their ad cost at around 1250 zen per 45k ad, ie the most inefficient ad creation source available. All ad bought on the exchange, earned through ah sales, etc is drawn from these sources, of which 99% is from rough ad refinement.

Doubling the ad creation rate in game is literally insane. Ah prices would double, zen sales would come to a complete stop unless the 500 ad per zen cap was removed, and the ad price for in game services/items would need to be adjusted as well. Doubling ad generation rate effectively halves its value. The only benefit would be if they left the cost of services alone(ie like removing enchants, upgrading companions, ad store companions like cat etc) their ad cost would seem reasonable in a world where everyone has twice as much ad. But the inability to buy zen for ad would kill peoples incentive to buy zen from pw to sell to other players thus killing the f2p model. Ofc they could just raise the limit to 1000ad per zen.

This would make more sense, and be more a realistic possibility; if the majority of players hit the cap regularly at 24k. Which it has been stated by CMs previously that the majority of the population doesn't.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    By whos metrics? Of all the characters ever created on all 2 million accounts that have ever existed, then no the majority of characters do not hit the 24k cap. The majority of accounts are no longer played and earn 0 ad / day. Of active players, i believe the majority, or if not the majority, a sizable number large enough to vastly alter the economy, hit the 24k / day limit to make altering the cap directly inflate ad to the point that purchasing power parity of ad devalues inversely proportional to the increase in raw ad gain. Also i trust CMs opinions less than i trust joe newbs when it comes to data about the game. They are generally less informed than the average forum troll.

Basically increasing the cap directly increases the cost to buy things (like zen or ah). Except zen has hard coded limits which would need to be altered or no one would sell zen under the new cap. Assuming it was changed, this results in no change to players active enough who hit cap now and will hit the new cap anyway, yet screws over every casual type who doesnt hit the current cap and/or would not be able to hit the new one. People who only.play enough to earn 24k /day with. 50k /day cap now require twice ss long to buy anything as they do now.
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    They don't read them enough.
    As I stated before highly doubt 26k more AD a day would cause huge market AD to Zen issues.

Oooh yes it would. Just by raising the cap to 30k a day, we'd have a deflated market instead.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    pointsman wrote: »

Buying up all the purples in the auction house for 2k each before the salvaging patch came