Install Arc
Options

Malabog's Castle - 3/3 Clears after Val Patch

13»

Comments

• Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited September 2013
    When the 68%+ of endgame players that can beat the dungeon but not the boss fight finally give up and leave this game it will be server merge time. Something to think about.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tried a full 3/3 once since patch in a pug, basically it's doable but you need a fair bit of luck, even without a solid tact or organization. There;s lots of ways you can slip up but you still need that extra bit of luck, 2 keys things are,

1) When Val drops from wall, she doesn't drop 20 miles away from any dps player.
    2) When Val drops she doesn't immediately choke dps char, especially if you only running with a couple.

These, you can't do much about, everything else is kinda standard, avoid red circles, avoid tail, avoid red lines, drop Val asap, drop portal asap.

2 Things that don't help,

1) Can't roll through dragon, takes too many vital seconds to go round him, especially when Val pops out on other side, fat *******.
    2) Can't pot/break choke, unless someone drops Val.
  • Options
    isai82isai82 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Most of the people geared enough to take her down don't go and have little incentive to do so for such a tiny chance at anything useful for them. Most of the people for whom the gear/drops would be useful, can't take her down. So there sits the dragon all alone while my entire server goes 2/3 farming endless blue trash.
  • Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    Basically there's little incentive for me to actually queue for it.

this

(10 chars)
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's hard with PUGs.

When she screams everybody except Tank should jump on her!

Save your daily(Ice Knife as cw) for Valindra.

The tank should pull the dragon to the center to prevent interfering Valindra encounters.

The DC should heal the ones who are currently force choked by Valindra.
  • Options
    tiberiusgothic69tiberiusgothic69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    35% finished MC without exploits and still I don't see 1 tiny video.Conclusion:bla,bla,bla
  • Options
    artannis1artannis1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    one issue I have is that sometimes Val will come down during the time when the dragon is overhead putting down the lines of fire and choke one of us. This usually seems to happen during the last phase when the dragon flies up at 25%. Not sure if these are bugs, intended, or bad timing? What we resorted to was to stop dpsing the dragon around 27% and wait till just after val comes down then quickly get the dragon to fly.
    Has anyone else ran into similar problems or solutions when that happens?
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I would admit 3/3 clear is hard, even with a good group u will need a bit luck to make it.
    but that fact it u don't need 3/3, most class get OH from first 2 boss, and fragment as well. So few and few group are actually doing 3/3 unless they are well geared and skilled as group(often guild premade)
  • Options
    krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    artannis1 wrote: »
    one issue I have is that sometimes Val will come down during the time when the dragon is overhead putting down the lines of fire and choke one of us. This usually seems to happen during the last phase when the dragon flies up at 25%. Not sure if these are bugs, intended, or bad timing? What we resorted to was to stop dpsing the dragon around 27% and wait till just after val comes down then quickly get the dragon to fly.
    Has anyone else ran into similar problems or solutions when that happens?

Seems like you know the solution already.

All three bosses in the dungeon have transition points based on HP. Good strategy is to make those transitions occur when you are ready.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    krinaman wrote: »
    Seems like you know the solution already.

All three bosses in the dungeon have transition points based on HP. Good strategy is to make those transitions occur when you are ready.

VALs attacks are on her own timer and rotates between attacking teammates and casting portal. You just need a watch with seconds and you can see the time and your team can be ready for her.

During our fights I call out each phase of her timing and make sure dragon is in correct positioning with all teammates together. She dies in seconds after landing and we continue to DPS dragon. The fight is pretty easy and comes down to players not making stupid mistakes like dieing during Dragon Flying phase or being hit by tail swipe.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Has TR even use here? Our TRs always died first because of the breath attack bug while my CW kited the dragon for 20 minutes.

The ideal party would be 2*GWF+(HV)CW+DC+(GF or another (HV)CW)
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Has TR even use here? Our TRs always died first because of the breath attack bug while my CW kited the dragon for 20 minutes.

The ideal party would be 2*GWF+(HV)CW+DC+(GF?)

TR's are not useless, but it really seems like parties do better without a TR on the final boss. I did it last night with the following:

GWF+GF+DC+2*CW

Dragon in center of map:
    GF on boss throwing Knights Challenge+Bull Charge+Lunging Strike directing breath away from the group
    GWF attacking boss and switching to Valinda+Portals when they pop (Don't recall encounters used)
    CW#1 throwing Ray+Conduit+Steal Time on boss constantly and switching to Valindra+Portals when they pop
    CW#2 throwing Icy+Singularity+Steal Time while watching for Valindra
    DC using Astral Shield on GF with Divine Glow + Prophecy of Doom while watching for Valindra

Not impossible to do it with a TR, but again, easier to do with other classes it seems.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    As I said the entire encounter is 4 mannable and the 5th player is extra. The 5th can be any class with any GS. What the team needs is a GF (Capable of solo Val), 1 CW (Capable of solo Val), 1 DC (Smart enough to stay out of tailwipe & red), 1 DPS (Capable of solo Val).

With 3 members able to solo VAL this means when any of the 3 are CC'ed there are 2 left able to quickly burn VAL down. So if team mates are on wrong side of boss or get hit by tail wipe / AoE, etc... there is at least 1 person able to solo VAL.

The fight then is pretty simple otherwise if you don't have teammates able to solo VAL you need 2+ teammates able too and so on. The more players it takes your team to quickly kill VAL the less room for mistakes your team has.
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited September 2013
    ...and all that for blue drops from the dragon, and some random BOP <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the chest. ={
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Good cleric with x2 CW that know how to use their class and know the mechanics behind Val+ a very good TR and a GWF. We killed the dragon in less than 10 min. Not a hard fight if you have an elite team that knows what they are doing.

Well you say it - elite team and 2 CW. Now consider you only have one CW in a pug. While the rest of the team needs to run to Valindra one CW often won't burn her in time. That happend to us yesterday. We often weren't fast enough. A dungeon should be beatable with different setup. If a certain class setup is required then it is just weak game design.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    Well you say it - elite team and 2 CW. Now consider you only have one CW in a pug. While the rest of the team needs to run to Valindra one CW often won't burn her in time. That happend to us yesterday. We often weren't fast enough. A dungeon should be beatable with different setup. If a certain class setup is required then it is just weak game design.

As I've said the last boss fight is easy if you have players capable of soloing VAL. If you don't then you need at least 2 players that can team kill her, if not then might as well not do the fight.
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »

most dungeons here needs DAMAGE if you want to finish it easily

the longer the fight takes the harder it gets
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've only ever beaten the final boss fight in MC once and that was with a PUG the day after it went live , it did take quite a few trys and we did know the fight from seeing it on Youtube, as long as your team reacts fast enough and can burst a decent ammount of single target DPS every time Valindra pops down the fight is quite easy , sadly though it isn't rewarding enough to make the effort worthwhile...
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Devs please NERF Fulminorax and Valindra.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please don't... all games need hard fights or become futile and boring.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I think I'm fine with the difficulty once the bugs are actually fixed that is... It's meant to be hard. Although I do think spider should be easier.
  • Options
    azquarazquar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I killed her 2 times yesterday without using anything with my team.

You just have to be react when VAL comes : Cleric has to use his daily "holy ground" (don't know the name in french :s) to kill her fast. Then have a good place and be react :)
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Does KC and KV decrease Vals Life drain? Or it's complete independent at any factor? Does Soulforged proc at it?
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If your tr is dying to fulmi they need to practice against draco, how to avoid invis breath while also not wiping the party to invis breath. Only diff between draco and fulmi is aggro wipe between phase changes.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    With the telegraphs bugged you cant leeroy fights any more and must actually pay attention and play properly.
    Wanna bet? I LEEROY JENKINS(!!!) fights all day, every day! ;)

tumblr_mblh2mGjue1qz8x31o1_400.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You absolutely are a bad player. What you consider as "playing badly" has been the proper way to play the game since it was created. The only thing that changed is the graphics displaying in the wrong spot due to coding server/client change so that the client draws the animation for the telegraph before the server decides where to place it.. The underlying mechanics of this and all other "bugged" aoe/breath attacks remain exactly the same as before the patch, and intelligent players who rely on proper understanding of the actual game/boss mechanics as well as the associated audio/visual cues are completely unaffected by these "bugs". I'll give you another hint, and this one is huge. Good players could easily defeat draco with zero telegraphs (red areas) being displayed. Plebes such as yourself with your bare minimal understanding of boss fights totals "red=dead" continuously wipe and wonder why? While other groups such as mine are never once hit with an "invisible breath" attack running 30+ cn clears a day. (Same applies to mc but why bother? No loot)

Teammate and I on our way to kill Valindra. Red is breath, blue is dragon facing third teammate.

4u0Pp.png
    39275e2ac4.jpg