test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Saving runes/enchantments from old equipment.

arimis5226arimis5226 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've been wondering why not give us the option to destroy equipment in order to save the rune/enchantment that is socketed in it. If we are able to remove an enchantment by shucking out our hard earned AD, why not allow us to sacrifice the gear in order to save the enchantments when we upgrade our equipment? This sounds fair to me. I don't think it's fair to have to pay an absurd amount of AD to remove it unless we are trying to save the equipment as well. And please, don't tell me that PW has to make money somehow. That isn't the answer I'm looking for.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I actually had thoughts along similar lines, based on Torchlight 2, where you can choose to either destroy an item to retrieve a gem or destroy a gem to save the item.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • arimis5226arimis5226 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ya, and they allow us to destroy the enchant in order to replace it with another. Several other games have this option I speak of, even the biggest one of them all...
  • revocainerevocaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited September 2013
    arimis5226 wrote: »
    Ya, and they allow us to destroy the enchant in order to replace it with another.
    You can do it here as well. You don't have to remove rank 5 enchants from gear to slot in a rank 7 when you decide to upgrade.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Because they want you to spend the AD. They don't WANT a way to get around that. Spending AD means spending real money for enough of their player base that they feel it's worth the inconvenience to those of us that can't afford to dish out money for things like that.
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You have to spend AD if you want equip and enchant. I don't see a problem to have option to get enchant and destroy equip in that process for "free".
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Costs nothing to slot the enchantment. Only to remove it.
  • bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Your system would do nothing for you if you already had your endgame gear, because you certainly aren't going to destroy that.
    Essentially you are asking for a cost of 10k to unslot an enchant, because if you're willing to destroy the equipment, then you really don't need it and would only salvage it (highest item salvage is 10k).

Endgame is more about enchants then gear. For the most part, because of soft caps on stats, you can be just as uber with blue gear and all rank 10 enchants as someone with purple and rank 7 enchants.

That said, something certainly needs to be done about enchants and the process of upgrading your equipment with them.
    As it is now, with 19 enchantment/enhancement slots (including allure stone), if you had all rank 7 dark (and a normal wep/armor) enchantments and want to use them to make 8's, it will cost you around 1.7 mil to unlsot them (about 200k cheaper then buying new ones). On the other hand, for other kinds then dark, its not cost effective to unslot them, but just overwrite them, which is essentially just another AD cost (whatever you spent on tat enchant). All that kinda sucks.

i'd rather see some way to upgrade an enchantment thats already socketed without having to remove it. Such as if you have a rank 7 slotted and want to make it 8, be able to fuse three rank sevens into the item that's already slotted with the rank 7. The price to unslot the enchant could remain (which would get higher as the enchant rose in rank).
  • trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I'm surprised they even let you remove an enchant. They're more the type of company that would have you get a new piece of gear to put a new enchant in, while not giving you a way to discard or sell the old one so your bags fill up and you're forced to buy more storage.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    actually this would be good. i play this game like 3-4 weeks, i got my first coalescent ward yesterday from invoking and since i don't had any of those armor enchantments yet i made a lesser one and put it on. it will cost me over 100k to remove this once i maybe have more stuff so i can make a normal out of it which seems quite high and i would not spend so much money at the moment.

in my opinion unbinding lower stuff should be cheaper anyways. this game is so much focussed on people having hundreds of thousands or millions of ad and cryptic forgets that new players want to try out the stuff in the game as well. what should new people do? collect all items and run with them around months just to save the unbinding costs? it should be cheap to remove a lesser enchanment so new players can try this stuff without running into high costs later because otherwise you might just wait until you have your "final" armor and enough enchants to make a greater or perfect one.
  • tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The developers had announced that prices for services like separating enchantments from gear would go down with the Sharandar update. Didn't happen. I have learned to only believe the announcements of bad changes from those people.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Because they want you to spend the AD. They don't WANT a way to get around that. Spending AD means spending real money for enough of their player base that they feel it's worth the inconvenience to those of us that can't afford to dish out money for things like that.

Except that for the most part, it costs more to retrieve the enchantment than it does to just buy another one. So they've failed there. What's weird is that they discounted the cost so they know it was an issue, but didn't even make it in the slightest bit efficient to use. It'd suck when it comes time time to destroying my lesser plague fire sword since there's no reason to pay more to keep the enchantment. It makes me wonder if they're clueless. The feature might as well not exist to be honest.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I would even be happy with a system where removing an enchantment breaks it down again in the 4 parts you had before fusing it. So removing a lesser enchantment would cost nothing but would unfuse it to 4 shards and removing a rank 5 enchantment will give you 4 rank 4s back. So basically the loss would be the coalescent ward in the case of high end enchantments. For lowlevel stuff it would mean not really a lot because you could fuse them with a good chance that it will work again without a ward. So it would favor lowlevel player while highlevel players still would have some cost in that process.

Or a system where your enchants will be "broken" when you remove them more than once and then have to be repaired by some npc paying ADs, meaning the first removal would always be free. Even the second time you could remove it for free and keep it in the broken state for later use without paying ADs upfront.