test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion Info... Opinions, Observations, and Reporting

jupterfistjupterfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay... maybe there are other threads like this... but I am either too stupid to find them or too lazy... thus my creation of this thread. ;-)

I will post on pets I have and what I have seen... so let the posting begin!

First one... Lillend. I have this one... took me some time to save up but I traded for one (for me) and bought one (for my wife). First impressions... great looking graphic/artwork on companion is excellent! The face and wings along with the serpent body is very detailed. The heal ability is alittle disappointing... I mean it only heals a fraction (1.8% of max hit points) but, it can spam this over time so this helps somewhat. The first attack is audio in nature and deals damage over time to target foe and heals allies near the target for 1.4% of their maximum health with every tick. The last attack at L30 is Piercing Notes which hits foes with Audio Drain which in turn weakens them and makes them take 20% more damage. Mine is not that high yet... like L18 at the time of this post. I am using it with my new character (I have four other L60 chars). My overall feelings is that it is not a great of fighter or healer as I would have expected for the epic companion of this rarity. I like her nonetheless. Oh and by the way... I love her little harp notes... the music is enjoyable.
Post edited by jupterfist on

Comments

• bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    there is a sticky in the Combat/PVE forum with many pages on companions
  • jupterfistjupterfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Aranea -- just got this one this morning... fought with her some (she is still a baby, L2). Immediately she switches from a sexy woman to a fairly cool looking spider. Her main attack was range... spider-webbing... then up close bites (physical attack). Seems interesting...

Aranea stays in human form (woman) while out of combat... once in combat, she changes into a spider. I like some of her initial sayins and her automated actions while in human form (i.e. the spiders coming around her feet and her sayings like "the woods are safe" (something to that effect). I will update this post as I get more info.
  • jupterfistjupterfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hmm will check it out thanks!
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    lillend is the best healer companion that is all can say, but again only usefull companions are stone and cat
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    what silveralucard said about the augment companions is worth noting.
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    bubba1966 wrote: »
    what silveralucard said about the augment companions is worth noting.

I have a companion problem, I have 16 of them. They are tons of fun to level and solo quest with ... but they are right. Stones and cat are the only useful companions for any endgame dungeons.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am also happy to collect companions to run around with just for funsies, and to level up with all the bucketloads of quest XP being dumped on me, but my one level 60 character did make a point of getting a cat for when he's doing anything for serious.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Acolyte of Kelemvor does not function as tooltips. I read on forum she keeps kelemvor's blessings on owner most of the time, for me less than 20% of the time. I want her refunded please.
  • terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've got several 60s but none of them have a cat or stone because how the heck are you supposed to ever afford those things? Jesus. If I took all the diamonds I spent on outfitting them with set pieces and added all the diamonds they all have on them, I still wouldn't be able to afford even one pet for one character. x.x
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ive bought a cat, a green stone , and a blue stone for 3 of my 5 toons. Ive also bought 2 guild bank slots for my guild, and tons of other stupid stuff. People that say this stuff cant be bought are silly.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've said this in the other thread and ill say it again. There are only 2 companions in this game worth anything at lvl 60. The stone and the cat that is it! Everything else is stinking garbage and is a complete waste of time and money I'd know I have them all but a couple which my friends have and they agree 100%. They should either buff the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of every other companion or give everyone a free stone that paid zen for the craptastic Ghost, acolyte etc....oh and bad news to the OP the lillend at lvl 30 with epic gear and slotted with rank 8's is about as useful as herpes in a tier two sorry to burst your bubble but I paid 2 million AD for that harp playing waste of skin and she is hands down the biggest waste of AD I've made in this game. She's not worth 20k as she is currently the programming is so bad you'll want to put her in idle mode and leave her there just as I have until the fix "it" which with the current track record I'd assume to be sometime between never and the game no longer existing. I refuse to buy another companion in this game until the fix the glut they already have of broken and useless ones
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I actually want a blink dog. And im gonna name him Cheshire Cat.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • lordcessnalordcessna Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For amount of money these things cost, 35 bucks for honey badger for example, these things should really put on a show, have a million different dialogues, wash your clothes, do your dishes. Think about it in terms of content. You can get a good AAA title for 20-40 bucks. I dont mind spending money on neat stuff, but these pets really should be 10 times as interactive, allow customization, advanced AI with settings etc.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lordcessna wrote: »
    For amount of money these things cost, 35 bucks for honey badger for example, these things should really put on a show, have a million different dialogues, wash your clothes, do your dishes. Think about it in terms of content. You can get a good AAA title for 20-40 bucks. I dont mind spending money on neat stuff, but these pets really should be 10 times as interactive, allow customization, advanced AI with settings etc.

I would have no problem with the price, if they'd change two things. First would be to make them account wide. Second would be to change something in the mechanics to make them comparable to augment companions. Right now there are bugs with certain spells that *poofs* non-augment companions anyway. So if you are a CW or play with one your non-augment pet might not last long.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • lordcessnalordcessna Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I remember SWG, I was an imperial lived on tat - had my stormtrooper set up with waypoints around my house. Very neat to have your pet guarding your house...lol.

Great point rune, I just got my first character to 60 and finally figured out what "stone" and "cat."
  • donpepedevegadonpepedevega Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    There are only 2 companions in this game worth anything at lvl 60. The stone and the cat that is it! Everything else is stinking garbage and is a complete waste of time and money

this

I 100% agree