Install Arc
Options

Quests withdrawn until further notice.

13»

Comments

• Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The dragons request is a "thing" that has been around since alpha, its the go-to request because we are in a Dungeon and Dragons game where the author cannot include dragons to their quests. My campaign in particular requires a dragon to even conclude.

Everything you listed are indeed much desired by everyone no doubt, the dragon request is just a long standing thing with the community and the devs. They know we want it but it doesn't stop us from constantly reminding them of that.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    poetpwpoetpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    With all the mess currently plaguing the foundry quests and making some of mine broken, I am going to pull my quests until further notice.

These issues are really making it tough to be motivated to even complete my campaign.

I encourage others to stick with it, especially if you are new because it has potential to create great quests just bare with the Cryptic team as they hammer out the bugs...eventually.

I'll check back with the foundry after the next patch.

Peace and love.

-Chili

Really sorry to hear that! Ive been playing your saga multiple times and really admire what you have done. Before the foundry went to No Editing mode yesterday I had started my first project, in large part due to your inspiration. Hope you return the Saga soon and add the finale so I can take out Edward at last!
    STO from Day 1
    Veteran & Lifer
    http://www.ricksenterprises.com
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I would hardly call dragons the most important thing authors were asking for.

How about some expanded options for common details, such as walls (especially with doorframes), floors, furniture?
    How about an ability to change clothing on NPCs rather than just being able to change armor, and to select any of the clothing options already in the game?
    How about actual timers, so that we don't keep having to come up with workarounds?
    How about a checkbox for "turn off speech"? (ex: so that our re-skinned Nasher that is now something else doesn't keep spouting pro-rebellion slogans)
    How about a detail scaler?
    How about more basic monsters? Reskin only goes so far. Classic non-boss non-humanoid D&D monsters, like slimes/puddings/oozes, carrion crawlers, displacer beasts, rust monsters, the already-in-game gelatinous cube, stirges, otyughs, xorn, salamanders, owlbears, ettin, umber hulks, giant rats/bats/frogs/centipedes/crayfish/snakes, fire beetles, shriekers/violet fungi, lurker above/trapper, sphinx, manticores, etc.? I'd rather have a lot more basic monsters to choose from than bosses.
    How about some basic "or" logic functionality?

These are just the first few things that came to mind. There are many, many other things that I have lamented not being available, many of which should be considered basic building blocks. Sure, dragons and dungeon-style bosses would be nice. However, if I had a choice between a significantly expanded wall/floor size and texture set (especially with doorframes designed to fit the various doors), and having dragons, I'll take the former.

+1 You sir get my vote! Yes, it would be nice to have dragons, but all the other stuff you listed is of way more importance to me. I'd like to add just one more to your list:

* The ability to separate individual mobs from encounter groups, so we can have single, standalone enemy encounters.

There are only so many Drow Assassins and Ogres a person can stand!
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    * The ability to separate individual mobs from encounter groups, so we can have single, standalone enemy encounters.

There are only so many Drow Assassins and Ogres a person can stand!

You do know of the workaround for this, right?
    (...and for those that don't...)

Interior Maps:
    • Create a cave room nearby (within 256' of PC) and move the individual undesired mobs to spawn over the non-path space of the cave room so they plummet to the deathplane (at Y = -81).
    • If no room for a cave room, use Exterior map workaround

Exterior Maps:
    • At the expense of an encounter, create a "kill box" below the terrain (say, y= -100 relative to terrain)
    • Add a platform
    • Add a "Hard" Guard encounter to the platform
    • Spawn any individual undesired mobs onto platform with guard encounter
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've never played D&D. I don't care about dragons :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol I've played D&D on and off since the first time it was called D&D and ran campaigns and never had a reason to use a dragon. Ever. The only reason it's a issue here is because of characters leveling up so quick. A dragon is the last thing any party wants to run into in any other type of campaign because it means almost certain death unless the DM is bending rules or the players are really smart and high level.
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seems like it was a good idea now.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    Seems like it was a good idea now.

Indeed. Wish I had with part two as of my campaign as it's unplayable right now.