test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quests withdrawn until further notice.

chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
With all the mess currently plaguing the foundry quests and making some of mine broken, I am going to pull my quests until further notice.

These issues are really making it tough to be motivated to even complete my campaign.

I encourage others to stick with it, especially if you are new because it has potential to create great quests just bare with the Cryptic team as they hammer out the bugs...eventually.

I'll check back with the foundry after the next patch.

Peace and love.

-Chili
There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
Post edited by chili1179 on

Comments

• Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    With all the mess currently plaguing the foundry quests and making some of mine broken, I am going to pull my quests until further notice.

These issues are really making it tough to be motivated to even complete my campaign.

I encourage others to stick with it, especially if you are new because it has potential to create great quests just bare with the Cryptic team as they hammer out the bugs...eventually.

I'll check back with the foundry after the next patch.

Peace and love.

-Chili

I did the same, though a week before Feywild. Figured it would get messy, just not this messy lol
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    joe121303joe121303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i put my newest foundry live the day before the feywild event in hopes of testing it in real time while everybody was clogging up feywild and causing feywild area to lag up....but that changed rather quickly seeing as though its still not re-published from cryptic
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My pirate city quest can't be completed due to new clipping planes on the pirate ships. So I took it down until something is fixed. I can't replace ships in a quest called Pirate City.
  • Options
    hinairusuhinairusu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nooooooooo. *Dramatic cry*

And I was really enjoying your foundries. Ah well, guess I'll put my questing on Hiatus till they come back~
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Had to withdraw "Kolde Acres: Counting Chickens" since Kolde Acres became Kolde Jungle and the farm and all the animals were devoured by trees. Also had to cease production of the next quest since it used the same map. (Not like my quest was anything special, just adding to the list here.)

Edit: They are working on a fix for the map though, so it will be back before long. Hope they fix the issues everyone else is having also.
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Nothing like a good flounce, disguised as not-a-flounce :p

I'm not sure what purpose you hoped to serve with your contrary "I encourage others to stick with it...even though I'm not" message chilli. Could you explain for idiots like me?
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »

I'm not sure what purpose you hoped to serve with your contrary "I encourage others to stick with it...even though I'm not" message chilli. Could you explain for idiots like me?

You have to conceal any iota of negativity about this game in any post you make with blind optimism, or it's off to the Lower Depths with you. I'm pretty sure they don't want everyone to know that they also broke the Foundry, causing all the best authors to withdraw their quests. :p
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ha, I must be a blind optimist. I have been impressed with the transparency and attention the devs (well, robobo dev) have shown the Foundry in the past few weeks (this forum and the preview one).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ha, I must be a blind optimist. I have been impressed with the transparency and attention the devs (well, robobo dev) have shown the Foundry in the past few weeks (this forum and the preview one).

That's easy to say when you're not a Foundry author. You have no idea what it's like for authors such as chili or zovya to have their 600+ hour masterpieces basically destroyed in multiple fashions by the devs' incompetence. New hidden dialogue tree budgets, broken teleporters, the profanity filter flagging words like John, trees popping up everywhere because one tree was bugged, these are just a few of the things Foundry authors dealt with in the past week. Do you understand why they're fed up now? I'll hand it to the devs, they gave us some new assets to work with, and while the adventurers were a great addition that I'm tempted to play around with myself, I feel they ignored the most important thing that Foundry authors were asking for: DRAGONS. This tells me they're NEVER going to entrust us with real bosses, for fear that someone might exploit it. Also, last time I logged into the game, there was a blatant exploit sitting on the Best list, stating in it's description that it is not a quest, and that enemies in it can't attack back. Remember the uproar over exploits making the Best list BEFORE all this other bad stuff happened? Even regular players that don't touch the Foundry have at least a dozen game-breaking bugs/changes to contend with. This expansion has been an absolute disaster, and has sadly failed to deliver most of the things we actually wanted, such as dragons, new classes, etc. If you're impressed by the devs' performance, I think you owe it to every Foundry author you've ever rated less than five stars to go back and revise your ratings according to your new incredibly low standards. By the way, you're awesome, and so are all the players, devs, and community mods. Anything negative I say is solely my opinion, and not the opinion of Cryptic/PWE. Rainbows and sunshine, unicorns are pretty, etc.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's easy to say when you're not a Foundry author. You have no idea what it's like for authors such as chili or zovya to have their 600+ hour masterpieces basically destroyed in multiple fashions by the devs' incompetence. New hidden dialogue tree budgets, broken teleporters, the profanity filter flagging words like John, trees popping up everywhere because one tree was bugged, these are just a few of the things Foundry authors dealt with in the past week. Do you understand why they're fed up now? I'll hand it to the devs, they gave us some new assets to work with, and while the adventurers were a great addition that I'm tempted to play around with myself, I feel they ignored the most important thing that Foundry authors were asking for: DRAGONS. This tells me they're NEVER going to entrust us with real bosses, for fear that someone might exploit it. Also, last time I logged into the game, there was a blatant exploit sitting on the Best list, stating in it's description that it is not a quest, and that enemies in it can't attack back. Remember the uproar over exploits making the Best list BEFORE all this other bad stuff happened? Even regular players that don't touch the Foundry have at least a dozen game-breaking bugs/changes to contend with. This expansion has been an absolute disaster, and has sadly failed to deliver most of the things we actually wanted, such as dragons, new classes, etc. If you're impressed by the devs' performance, I think you owe it to every Foundry author you've ever rated less than five stars to go back and revise your ratings according to your new incredibly low standards. By the way, you're awesome, and so are all the players, devs, and community mods. Anything negative I say is solely my opinion, and not the opinion of Cryptic/PWE. Rainbows and sunshine, unicorns are pretty, etc.

You didn't mention this delightful tag system that is so unbelievably stupid it dose the exact opposite of what was asked for, which is also the cause of all the publishing problems. So when they realise it is a pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we are going to go through all this again.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    You didn't mention this delightful tag system that is so unbelievably stupid it dose the exact opposite of what was asked for, which is also the cause of all the publishing problems. So when they realise it is a pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we are going to through all this again.

Yeah, I'm not too impressed with the tag system either. I tried doing searches on them all, and it was the same bunch of featured quests every time. Mine didn't show up at all since it hasn't been tagged yet, which tells me the only quests it will benefit are the ones already continuously getting plays. We'll still be having to hawk our quests on the forums, only now we're also asking for tags, not just ratings and reviews. What's to stop people from marking my Hack 'n' Slash as a Story? Or marking your Story as a Hack 'n' Slash? It seems to introduce more problems than it fixes.
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Calm down now! People barely had any time to play and review quests before the reviewing (and thus tagging) was shut down. The results are obviously going to be skewed right now. Let's see how this works out once it's actually been running (which it currently isn't) for a week or so. A few hours isn't enough for a complex tag system to work properly.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That's easy to say when you're not a Foundry author.

Ha! How typical you think the only issues are with the Foundry and players are able to play as normal. No, we aren't losing profession assets on completion of assignments, or crashing to desktop while doing nothing but taking in the sights. All of us are able to complete every quest in the new zone, Sharandar, and don't lose keys that are supposedly permanent, effectively locking us out of new group content.

Yeah, everything is hunky in our world, only the Foundry toolset contains bugs :rolleyes:

Oh and this?
    You have no idea what it's like for authors such as chili or zovya to have their 600+ hour masterpieces basically destroyed
    Everyone has been affected by this patch. This is no more worse for anyone you name than it is for all Foundry authors and, yes!, players too.

PS: As an aside, use the 'exclude' tag field and you will be presented with quests that do not have tags yet. Simple and proven to work :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ha! How typical you think the only issues are with the Foundry and players are able to play as normal. No, we aren't losing profession assets on completion of assignments, or crashing to desktop while doing nothing but taking in the sights. All of us are able to complete every quest in the new zone, Sharandar, and don't lose keys that are supposedly permanent, effectively locking us out of new group content.

Yeah, everything is hunky in our world, only the Foundry toolset contains bugs :rolleyes:

Oh and this? Everyone has been affected by this patch. This is no more worse for anyone you name than it is for all Foundry authors and, yes!, players too.

You reply as if I had totally disregarded the players.

See? I did not imply only Foundry authors are dealing with problems from this patch.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I'm not too impressed with the tag system either. I tried doing searches on them all, and it was the same bunch of featured quests every time. Mine didn't show up at all since it hasn't been tagged yet, which tells me the only quests it will benefit are the ones already continuously getting plays. We'll still be having to hawk our quests on the forums, only now we're also asking for tags, not just ratings and reviews. What's to stop people from marking my Hack 'n' Slash as a Story? Or marking your Story as a Hack 'n' Slash? It seems to introduce more problems than it fixes.

The problem is that the number of tags for each has no baring on the display. So a quest that has 100 tags for puzzle will still be behind one that has 1 if the adjusted rating is lower. My quest A Dwarven Rebellion has now been tagged in everything. Including puzzle, Challenging and adjustable difficulty. I don't know if you have played it but none of them fit very well and if a player searches any of them and chooses mine because it shows in the search they will be disappointed.
    Funny thing is that authors can't tag, I read their reasons for this and I just think that Cryptic is full of incompetent staff and any future for this game looks very bad. I don't want to sound rude but it is rather hard not to be considering they have messed everything up, not just the foundry.

It's such a shame because the combat system is really very good, the graphics are as good as anything I've seen in the mmo world and D&D is a great base to start from.

Foundry is fantastic but possibly the most bugged thing I have ever used. PVP is just a joke. 5 v 5 only, really? The currency system wtf! Outfits, do they ever look any different? Weapons... see outfits comment. But all of that doesn't matter because I can have a spider mount. I'm not sure how, but I can.

Now the PVE may be the best thing since sliced bread, I wouldn't know I haven't done any since level four.

One thing I will add is that the quests that many people have posted have been nothing short of fantastic and the only reason I'm sticking it out for the time being. I have never been much of a pve player but quests that come from the players have been a lot of fun.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Calm down now! People barely had any time to play and review quests before the reviewing (and thus tagging) was shut down. The results are obviously going to be skewed right now. Let's see how this works out once it's actually been running (which it currently isn't) for a week or so. A few hours isn't enough for a complex tag system to work properly.

Dude! You don't need to put water in the glass with a hole at the bottom to see if it leaks.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PS: As an aside, use the 'exclude' tag field and you will be presented with quests that do not have tags yet. Simple and proven to work :)

LOL. And that works soooooo well. 10,000 plays, ONE "Story" tag - exclude Stories - BAM. Invisible.
    Implementation - fail.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    To be honest, after 10,000 plays I'd probably say you've had your time in the sun, make way for someone else.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    To be honest, after 10,000 plays I'd probably say you've had your time in the sun, make way for someone else.

Sadly the numbers make no difference to the point. I agree, they need a system that spreads the plays better rather than the Cryptic has featured this so it must be the best... BANG 100,000 plays. I'm sorry but the quests that have been featured, and I include myself are not the best quests out there. They are good but not the best. I mean no disrespect to those authors.
    But then best is subjective and only demonstrates even more the importance of a search system that works.

The one they have put in is really not that far off. Just make it so that they are listed in order of most tags per play and bingo.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    The one they have put in is really not that far off. Just make it so that they are listed in order of most tags per play and bingo.

Exactly. 10,000 plays was an exagerated example. Make it 25 plays and ONE "Challenging" tag - exclude, and you're invisible. Never mind the 24/25 tags that say Difficulty Adjustable.

(Tags used are mere examples and not meant to portray exact case scenarios)
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Because I do encourage people who are just starting to build things with the foundry to continue to do so, there are still a ton of amazing things that the foundry can do and there is no need for new authors to give up their vision of an adventure. There were a ton more issues with the foundry when I first started playing with it in alpha and I still loved every second I got to create something.

Like I said, they will fix it eventually, its just my patience for content and fixes are worn a little thin currently because the new car smell has faded from my editor.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    Because I do encourage people who are just starting to build things with the foundry to continue to do so, there are still a ton of amazing things that the foundry can do and there is no need for new authors to give up their vision of an adventure. There were a ton more issues with the foundry when I first started playing with it in alpha and I still loved every second I got to create something.

Like I said, they will fix it eventually, its just my patience for content and fixes are worn a little thin currently because the new car smell has faded from my editor.

Fair enough. And thank you for the clarification chilli; I don't think anyone can blame you for feeling jaded, though it always dismays me when authors remove their work from the catalogue.

Anyway, I've enjoyed your campaign, especially as it was one I started pre-L60 and became 'OMG this got tough' when I hit cap. It then became a good measure of my gear progression post L60. I hope you regain your enthusiasm after a break and continue your story. And, if there is any chance at all, please also consider republishing your quests when the Foundry is up.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The tag system... wow.
    I hope devs tell us if it's supposed to be more complicated than it looks*, because right now it's completely useless.

* Like, maybe it does some sort of statistical breakdown to separate tags based on votes, so that if you have 100, 90, 90, 5, 5, 5, the first three tags count, and the last three don't.
    And maybe we just haven't had enough tag votes yet for the system to work.

Maybe?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm hoping so zahinder.

At the moment it isn't the total wash out it appears from some posts. As others have rightly noted, a lot of the most played quests have been tagged in all categories, which means if you use the exclude field, you can bring up quests that had zero visibility in the past. Not saying they are going to be great quests, or even that enough players will take advantage of this new function, but I am finding it nice to come across authors and quests I had never heard of before, either in game or from the forum.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I admire your ability to find a positive spin on that. ;)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm a pretty patient person in general and I've played enough games to know these things usually come right in the end :)
  • Options
    moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    While I do respect the issues people are having playing the Cryptic content in the new zones, I still think the Foundry authors really are getting hurt the most in this patch.

The new patch has been out for 4 days now? Keys, assets and other items can be replaced in a matter of hours. If there is a problem with the profession system, don't use it until they fix it.

Foundry authors put 500+ hours of work into just one of their quests. That is a much larger time investment compared to the 96ish hours(at the time of this post) that the new content has been available.

As for the crashes people are experiencing... well that just means a few extra minutes of time wasted at the loading screen. Again time investment.

Time investment issues aside, we could sit here and compare other bugs and problems in the Foundry with the new content all day.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    An author works alone. If I had the choice of not being able to work in the toolset or not being able to join my guild mates in enjoying the new dungeon because my character was bugged, I know which one I would be choosing. I'd also have more faith in the Foundry problems being fixed faster than individual character bugs.

Either way, I am the kind of person to shrug and do something else when these things happen - I now have a tray full of freshly baked scones, for example. And as we continue to let Wuhsin divert the topic, I would also point out that there are plenty of authors who do the same - it isn't only players that display reasoned stoicism.

About comparing bugs and problems. I did suggest that someone collate the Foundry bugs here, as they were coming in thick and fast once the patch went live. I'd have done it myself, but my lack of knowledge of the toolset proved to be a hindrance.
  • Options
    badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Let me start by saying I apologize for the rocky start the Foundry is having.

I have created a thread on Preview where I am asking for all your help in listing all the issues you are seeing in your quests and the editor.

This thread is where I will be looking for any and all breaking issues with your quests that have happened following the patch.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Let me start by saying I apologize for the rocky start the Foundry is having.

I have created a thread on Preview where I am asking for all your help in listing all the issues you are seeing in your quests and the editor.

This thread is where I will be looking for any and all breaking issues with your quests that have happened following the patch.

Thank you for that and for this reply.