GWF is a dead class.

2»

Comments

• timesvolenttimesvolent Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Think you mean 1v2.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "We can't tank." "We can't do damage.".......

Dude. Post dates. Read post dates.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2014
    heh, maybe I am wrong but I always thought, when talking about #'s of opponents I fight solo, it should be stated as --> '1' (for the self) vs '(# of opponents)'.

Or am I on crack?
    edited October 2014
    Oh Lord, oops. And thanks!
    Was trying for the first time to use the search option in the NW Forums. I guess I took it for granted that the results would likely be most current first. Heh. :P My bad.
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hilariously accurate still. Basically we were born broken, got overbuffed to be good-broken, and then got over-nerfed to be back to broken.

I know Cryptic wants to take turns with all of the classes, but GWF needs to be fixed.

This class has no role in PvP or PvE and worse, it has no direction to indicate what they want this class to be. If not for a comprehensive fixing, we at least need some idea of what they plan on doing with us.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Rather silly that they can't make this class work still. A guy with a huge flippin sword but sadly every other class aside from CWs have at-wills that are just as strong and encounters that are even more so. Having to depend on Destroyer's capstone just to make this class compete DPS-wise is wrong on all levels.

They honestly SHOULD be the highest DPS class in the game, right from level 1 to 60. They hit like little girls at the beginning.

Not enough encounters meant to turn things into paste for one thing. Way too many unused gimmicky skills. Not so fast? That's not going to get their attention. May as well turn it into a verbal attack.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Eh actually GWF is interesting now. It used to be useless then they buffed it to faceroll (which is booooring) now it's kind of fun. I mean I can't stand in red infinitely any more but since I had to learn to manuever on most of my other toons it was not too hard to adapt to this circumstance.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why you guys keep posting in necroed thread?
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Dat necro for real yo!
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    booyquake wrote: »
    Unstoppable was nerfed, and is now bugged.
    True.

We can't tank.
    True again. We lack any defensive mechanism. "Get enough damage and become Unstoppable" was turned into "run away", thus ruining the whole basic concept of the class.

Our damage was terrible, it was nerfed further.
    We can't do damage.

Mod4 did not bring any DPS compensation for the DR loss, the same way as mod3 did not bring any DR compensation for the DPS loss.
    So, yes, unless we have twice the gs required by any other class facing the same foes, we die. By the way, see the current gwf builds in this sub-forum, they're all for 25k+ gwfs. And even those million-dollar builds aren't even remotely on par with, just to stay in the same sub-forum, the current GF builds.

We are useless.

Somehow that was always the case. Cryptic claimed during Beta that we were offtanks but hey created dungeons where no offtanks were needed.

So I guess I'm giving it up. I see a lot of other GWF's leaving the game too.
    Oh well.

The good thing when playing a trash class is you don't have to try and get "opti". There is simply no build that can make us any decent, so, well, just relax. Nobody is expecting anything from us. No need to complete all this endless mod4 grind for the elusive boons. My gwf's build and gear is just for the look. Nice-looking gwf, cool colours, shining big weapon.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    snip

Congratulations, you just quoted a guy who posted 1 year ago, if you can't even see that, it's easy to understand why you don't have success with your GWF nowadays.

/inb4lock
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

learn to play scrub, GWF could use some tweaks but its not far from ok

its clear that you havent played GWF in mod 1 if you still quote and agree with complaints from that time
    Paladin Master Race
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    godamnscrubs keep necro-ing outdated threads