test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questing after Level 60

germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Asked a few people in game about this but could not get a satisfactory answer. Is there any real point to completing story quests further after you hit max level? I guess you could enjoy the storyline and get some gold and gear along the way. But considering you will not gain any more XP, is it worth the effort (as against doing epic dungeons and trying to get better gear)? :confused:
I am yet to complete quests in Mount Hotenow and the Whispering Caverns. Now they have released a whole new zone- Sharandar. I guess there might be better gear available here. Have not explored the new boons system either. So maybe Sharandar may be worth the time. But am I missing something by not completing more quests (other than the story)?
Post edited by germmaniac on

Comments

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Depends on if you like playing through areas just for the sake of exploring. My DC is level 59 and still not even halfway through the Chasm, but I'm having fun with exploration and plot so I'm still chugging merrily along.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would recommend that you save them to come back to if/when you ever get another companion, as the quest XP will level your pet nicely and you'll be able to fly through the solo content.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I would recommend that you save them to come back to if/when you ever get another companion, as the quest XP will level your pet nicely and you'll be able to fly through the solo content.

Ahh ok, that sounds reasonable enough. I was thinking of waiting for level caps to increase before I start questing again, but questing to level companions also makes sense. Thanks.

@abell39 I'm glad you are enjoying the exploring. I prefer to get to the endgame, most of the times. Not saying I dont explore at all. Just do it between quests every once in a while.

More opinions on the subject always welcome. Cheers and good luck to all.:)
  • Options
    praetorian1979praetorian1979 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    we usually help our alts with their questing, sharing their quests, and leveling our companions through their quest exp fro the "lowbie" quests
  • Options
    tyrannouslawtyrannouslaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you can also get a cool blue item from finishing whispering caverns quest line with a 45min cd that allows you to sneak by non boss mobs to loot chests and skill nodes...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    you can also get a cool blue item from finishing whispering caverns quest line with a 45min cd that allows you to sneak by non boss mobs to loot chests and skill nodes...

That sounds useful. How long does the effect last (assuming not as long as the cd) ? And by any chance, do you remember the name of the quest? I'll keep an eye out for it. Cheers!