test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why would you buff TRs in PvP? Lurker Assault teleport is not needed.

2»

Comments

• abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Your information about TR's is wrong. They can't port, but most do spec to be able to roll away 3 times. Stealth needs to be specced for of just about any damage takes you out of it.

CW's have multiple skills to take TR's out of stealth and deal with them when they're in stealth. Shield is a fantastic way for CW's to knock back a TR, and if the TR isn't using ItC or has Tactics slotted and Lurker's up it will knock them right out of stealth. CW's who don't play with defense and CC in mind but instead stand in one place trying to DPS everything don't last very long in PvP since it isn't a particularly smart way to play UNLESS you have an excellent team with great communication. Even then you can expect to have far more deaths than a CW who pays some attention to CC and being part of a team.
    Well, TR can port with some imagination. I can't remember the name right now but the one you use to port up and behind a person standing on a ledge? So in some cases it would be possible to target an opponent further away to use as teleport.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abacuser wrote: »
    Well, TR can port with some imagination. I can't remember the name right now but the one you use to port up and behind a person standing on a ledge? So in some cases it would be possible to target an opponent further away to use as teleport.

Ah, you mean Deft Strike. It has the same range as most CW attacks and when you see it coming it is possible to port away from it. It can be used as an escape skill if they're in stealth, since it will let the TR port to a party member as well - there was at one point an exploit with this but I believe it was patched shortly after GG came out (that is when I learned of it and since we have a Dev in the party on Preview, they were able to view it in action :) ). So yes, if you can hit them and they have Deft Strike slotted (in my experience most do not), they can hit you also. As soon as you see one vanish - port. They will miss. If you have confidence in the speed of your timing, use your shield repel as soon as you see the animation for it. Not only will they miss, but they will be knocked back and most don't see that coming.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't really care they nerfed the damage. But why in the hell they made it a teleport is beyond me. I cant imagine a TR actually liking the fact it teleports. I am still getting used to having to look away and have no one targeted to use it.

Teleporting LA >Total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Idea......
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love my TR in PVP, though he's not 60 yet, but PVP is all I do with him.

That being said, perma stealth is lame and I wish they would seriously address it. Unlike their last attempt which was to just completely **** the class.

Also, impact shot is a *****. I hate using it because its so lame and I hate when people use it on me. 3-4 attacks, at range with a stun. I would guess that most of the time people are not able to move from the stun before the next impact shot hits them.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    I love my TR in PVP, though he's not 60 yet, but PVP is all I do with him.

That being said, perma stealth is lame and I wish they would seriously address it. Unlike their last attempt which was to just completely **** the class.

Also, impact shot is a *****. I hate using it because its so lame and I hate when people use it on me. 3-4 attacks, at range with a stun. I would guess that most of the time people are not able to move from the stun before the next impact shot hits them.

Impact Shot is more of a movement impairing stun. As in you try running, get hit, its a real quick stun.

You can absolutely hit a rogue with an ability in between his Impact Shots.

I think a lot of people have this ability confused. Thinking it actually interrupts a spell/ability mid cast. But it doesn't, whether broken or working as intended I'm not sure. But one of my personal annoyances as I still try and use it as an actual stun, but to no avail. Example. TR is in Mid Air with the Dazing Strike Animation, I hit them with impact shot, they take dmg, but still end up hitting me with Dazing Strike.

However annoying, I guess I feel its intended. If Impact Shot actually interrupted abilities, that would be far to powerful as we have a possible 4 in a row.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Ranger will probobly see trough stealth, and pew pew em from 100 feet range. Imagine the forum QQ :D