test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why would you buff TRs in PvP? Lurker Assault teleport is not needed.

errantvolleyerrantvolley Member Posts: 46 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
I suspect your class balances were all geared for PvE. The impact to PvP is huge especially in the case of TRs.

Trickster Rogue dps is already so high that we can trade tons of it for health regen so when we break off a losing battle we come back fully healed.

With perma stealth and impossible to catch the fight is always of the TRs choosing.

The class changes did not dent TR burst dps. It is still fantastically high.

The class changes did not seriously dent perma stealth. It is still possible to spend entire matches in stealth completely untargetable. CoS spamming usually softens a target up quite nicely well before you hit 8 charges so that modification doesn't do much for PvP.

Pre patch it was at least occasionally possible to avoid the LA now that is impossible. Whenever this power is up one person on your team (especially CWs DCs and those with low defense even other TRs) dies and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I have played about 20 PvP matches since the patch and TRs are still continuously on top of the scoreboards with 15+, 20+ and even more kills. They still have the least deaths despite all they accomplish especially now that GWFs are a bit easier to take down. This class does not need a PvP buff.

I have one of each class fully geared (11k+ GS) all with bloodthirsty. I don't want TRs nerfed into the ground. They are fun to play, especially against other perma stealth TRs, but rogues certainly do not need any buffs. They already have every advantage in the game.
Post edited by errantvolley on

Comments

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They nerfed the damage by a massive amount and give it some utility so that it's not completely useless to put points in... Although with a high gear score lashing blade does do a tonne of damage. I haven't actually pvp'd yet since the patch with or against rogues so can't say for sure, but imo, even if they didn't use it, you'd still be complaining. However if you really feel that way, I'd be happy for them to reverse the changes :). Although I don't mainly use my rogue atm.
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Calm down guys, more balance changes will occur in the future. TRs will likely see further nerfs and other classes will get buffs. It will be okay. This is how MMOs tend to evolve. Unfortunately it puts other classes at a disadvantage till the next balance patch.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Calm down guys, more balance changes will occur in the future. TRs will likely see further nerfs and other classes will get buffs. It will be okay. This is how MMOs tend to evolve. Unfortunately it puts other classes at a disadvantage till the next balance patch.

lol... haven't you been playing attention, further balancing simply means buffing the TR's while nerfing everyone else

their idea of balancing is to take the strongest favored class and make them even stronger while taking the weakest and nerfing it all to hell... this is why I completely quit this game
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I suspect your class balances were all geared for PvE.

If this were true, DCs would still have a respectable single-target damage-dealing daily that is by design most useful on tough enemies in mobs in PvE.

(spoiler: we don't because it got nerfed to uselessness)
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    U know why they can't nerf the TR furthermore? It's because nerfing them more would surely make them useless in PvE. LA's bonus damage down to 25% from 60%, cmon only 25%? Ofcourse 25% is very low for a 'DAILY' skill, it would be very logical to add at least one more feature to our DAILY. TR have received too many harsh nerfs starting from day 1 in beta due to PvP, and now that they have been nerf to the ground, I can't believe that there is still someone like u who is still asking for more dps nerf. This class' primary role in a dungeon is to focus/damage the boss, with 25% bonus damage on LA, that wouldn't make a big difference between our normal dmg and +25% dmg. Asking for more dps nerf would obviously make them worthless in PvE. Srsly... why the h*** will u compete with the kills of a TR? The main dps class/Single burst damage class would/should probably get the most kills in PvP. Why? since they lack aoe dmg skills, their single dmg encounter skills should be naturally high(that's a simple logic in any mmorpg), therefore they've the highest chances of getting the last hit. Secondly, in Clash/team fights; TR wouldn't enter the battle vulnerable I mean they would obviously stealth first, since the TR is invincible all enemies will tend to ignore him until they get killed by the TR 1 by 1. Now I believe that's the 2 main reason why they get the most kills. Don't even try ur DC(healer)CW(controller/semi-support)GF(mainly tank) GWF(Semi dpser and tanker) to compete with a TR's kills, who is the full dps class. Remember in PvP it's controlling and capturing the points that rly counts, teamwork is important in this kind of PvP mechanics we have, it's not rly the kills.

But I agree that they didn't succeed to dent the permastealth build, the nerfs they made are quite illogical to damage the permastealth build. Perma build is the last thing they can nerf after that, nerfing the TR class would be unreasonable.

PS: I don't think u have a TR
    SIGNATURE
  • nichivonichivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    Quick the TR still have something useful nerf it into oblivion! Tr have had so many nerfs it's just silly. TR have slowest AP generation of any class and now all PVP starts with an empty AP meter. Really give the nerf cry's a rest.

I will say however that as any other class I wish they had the old lurkers back at least I could avoid it or bump it off who cares if it could do more damage they almost never got to use it.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    The crying TR kiddies got what they wanted.

1. Their own class got buffed instead of nerfed (due to massive QQ storms on the forums.)
    2. Any other class got nerfed, (so the TR can feel godlike for picking on underpowered/gimped classes.)

I can't stand this easy mode, tool of class...

So basically we got our daily nerfed from 60% to 25%, our CoS 4 daggers shorter, our momentum isn't building up when we Space+CoS (which means the TR now have to stand still throwing his 8 daggers to get his momentum build up, which would make him vulnerable to attacks and stun locks), our DF At-Will bleed is resetting every 10 stacks and all our encounters/at-wills benefit less from power stat.

And you are telling me TR got buffed because of the LA utility?

Your logic is flawless...
  • yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Idiot TR's crying about their 25% dmg daily LOL wish my GWF would have this ultimate and TR my super good slam daily that deals 400 dmg per second for 10 seconds + it cant krit... its not even 50% as good as lurkers.
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    nichivo wrote: »
    Quick the TR still have something useful nerf it into oblivion! Tr have had so many nerfs it's just silly. TR have slowest AP generation of any class and now all PVP starts with an empty AP meter. Really give the nerf cry's a rest.

I will say however that as any other class I wish they had the old lurkers back at least I could avoid it or bump it off who cares if it could do more damage they almost never got to use it.

Nerf is a must on LA for it's the main reason why TRs can 1 shot u, but the nerf that they did was a bit harsh.
    SIGNATURE
  • nichivonichivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    Nerf is a must on LA for it's the main reason why TRs can 1 shot u, but the nerf that they did was a bit harsh.

Yet the current LA is more powerful than the old in PVP but Garbage in PVE. In pve the new version does squat for damage over ten seconds. In PVP however the new version can not be bumped off before the TR uses it, and the teleport literally gurantees you have next to no chance of dodging the follow up shot. As a TR I love it for PVP and hate it for PVE. When I play any other class cause I play them all, I think man wish I could avoid by moving away from the sound of LA being used, wish I could aoe bump it off him, I would gladly give them back the old LA and it's damage just to have those two options.

PVP balance was better pre balance patch from all class perspectives IMO, They just made way to many changes way to fast to even be able to consider it balancing in any way.
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> devs give a totally unnecessary utility for PvP for a power that should carry a serious nerf. No use to take a nerf in damage if it can now be applied more easily. This is not a real nerf!!
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nichivo wrote: »
    Yet the current LA is more powerful than the old in PVP but Garbage in PVE. In pve the new version does squat for damage over ten seconds. In PVP however the new version can not be bumped off before the TR uses it, and the teleport literally gurantees you have next to no chance of dodging the follow up shot. As a TR I love it for PVP and hate it for PVE. When I play any other class cause I play them all, I think man wish I could avoid by moving away from the sound of LA being used, wish I could aoe bump it off him, I would gladly give them back the old LA and it's damage just to have those two options.

PVP balance was better pre balance patch from all class perspectives IMO, They just made way to many changes way to fast to even be able to consider it balancing in any way.

And that is exactly what I said multiple times pre-patch.

Them trying to balance things now, makes it more unbalanced. pre-patched was the most balanced this game has been.
  • idontwinitskkidontwinitskk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And that is exactly what I said multiple times pre-patch.

Them trying to balance things now, makes it more unbalanced. pre-patched was the most balanced this game has been.

The only two good nerfs they did was stalwart rework and reducing the deflect % on GWFs.Everything else was just a disaster:

Rogues receiving a ton of stupid nerfs turning them from mediocre to weak instead of simply bumping down LA dmg bonus+ adding an extra second or two on bait and switch and shadow strike to make the already barely practical permastealth build impossible to pull off unless you want it as a point contester with zero damage.

Guardian fighters still being broken overpowered since nothing about their perma prone guaranteed kill rotation was actually changed.

GWFs losing some of their OP stats in deflect but keeping the broken rate at which determination builds therefore spamming Unstoppable way too often and instead nerfing Slam which was...wtf?

Control Wizards still need Ice Knife nerfed and their debuffs buffed and Clerics can still achieve overpowered tankiness with the right build and playstyle or be nearly useless but hey,fix the god **** broken melee classes first.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You asked them to Nerf Rogues cause they critted to much and did to much damage. They Nerfed rogues crit and dps. You didn't specify to not make rogues more mobile....you got to word your requests more carefully.

Yes its no secret it was a PVE nerf so to keep pvp fair they added a few non dps things to the powers they nerfed,
    slam is now an interrupt and has a debuff. Clerics get 25%more AP when using sunburt on both enemies and friends.(where the other classes aoe AP generation just got nerfed)

Also the New elves have a 10% CC resistance and 1-2% more AP gen and the stats are geared for TR and CW...

Slips her loamweave into her armor and her founders enchantment into her wepon. hehehe....the rules have changed bub

But seriously its obvious they wanted to lower dps in general for pve probably so that they can reduce adds(hope hope) but this was making all the pvpers cry so they gave the pvpers some utilities to make up for the lost dps.

you can still combat rogues by knowing their capabilities and tactics and weaknesses. right now all classes will be a bit of a shamble due to nerfs so ...you have time to figure a new plan....pretend its a challenge or something.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    You fail to realize that:

Throwing while jumping, was a bug and you were never supposed to gain "momentum" by abusing a bug.
    - it got fixed.

Bleeds stacking into infinity without ever refreshing was a bug.
    - it got fixed.

Next up would be:

- to fix, dodging while jumping.

Don't abuse bugs btw, it makes you look like a real n___. Play the class the way the game is designed or don't play, at all. Let's be honest, crying about bugs getting fixed is kind of idiotic.

Best of luck.
    For one, i'm not crying, i was simply replying to your idiotic post claiming that TR got over powered when cryptic "buffed" it by adding utility to its LA Daily. So i listed the list of nerfs/fixes ( whatever you call them really) to show you that it got "adjusted/nerfed" and that the LA utility is not really a buff when the daily goes from 60% down to 25% .

You have even admitted in your post i just quoted that it got fixed by adding those changes, entirely opposing what you said before about it getting buffed. So i dont know how can you say it got fixed and buffed at the same time, if the out put damage of the class is nerfed way than before.
    edited August 2013
    Bleeds stacking into infinity without ever refreshing was a bug.
    - it got fixed.

Next up would be:

- to fix, dodging while jumping

I'll give ya bunny hopping was silly never needed that tactic, so I did not include it.

Bleeds did not stack to infinity, The way bleeds worked at one time allowed for skill, versus the current Ron Popeal set and forget garbage you cannot manage at all. See you would get to 9 stacks 10th being the bleed stack, you would do a rotation to increase the chance that last stack would crit, if you got a good crit bleed going you would then slip into a rotation to just maintain it without it dropping off (easier said than done), if you got a bad non crit bleed you would let it fall away, and try again to set a good bleed. Now it doesn't matter what you do... bleed dmg has been nerfed to stupid, and you cannot maintain any bleed good or not cause it will constantly reset. The change just removed dps fluctuation from skill ie. they made it easier for scrubs to keep up with pros. dumb, dumb, dumb, less skill required to excel is better right? LAWL

As for dodging mid jump I do assume you mean for all the classes that have dodge like abilities... CW DC TR (GWF can jump and sprint) oh and GF jumping with into the fray that will have to go also. (sarcasm it's not broken for any class why change it?)

Oh failed to mention Bleeds from Duelist flurry have almost 0 impact in the fast past environment of pvp, even if you are using DF in pvp stacking bleed will never cross your mind since standing around to get 10 stacks with a good crit bleed will get you killed almost 100% of the time. Setting a good crit bleed was 100% for PVE boss fights. I'm not saying DF could not be used effectively in pvp just that it's situational and had little to do with the bleed mechanics anyway, unless you were fighting a complete and utter moron.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And now I have a machine gun

Ho
    Ho
    Ho

You got my TR nerfed not me, that's why I still one shot you QQer's!

It tastes even better now than it ever did before.
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rragle wrote: »
    And now I have a machine gun

Ho
    Ho
    Ho

You got my TR nerfed not me, that's why I still one shot you QQer's!

It tastes even better now than it ever did before.

Well give this guy a star. He knows how to use Lashing Blade (with a Vorpal probally). I vote this guy for the best player ever seen on NW.
    signature-lili.png
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Clerics get 25%more AP when using sunburt on both enemies and friends.(where the other classes aoe AP generation just got nerfed)

I wish. DCs get less AP generation when using Sunburst now. As if it matters, now that our single-target damage-dealing daily has been nerfed so hard that it deals less damage than some of our AoE encounter powers and probably less damage than nearly every encounter power that other classes have. The class hit hardest by all this "balancing" is the DC.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • iamminikuiiamminikui Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I suspect your class balances were all geared for PvE. The impact to PvP is huge especially in the case of TRs.

The class changes did not seriously dent perma stealth. It is still possible to spend entire matches in stealth completely untargetable. CoS spamming usually softens a target up quite nicely well before you hit 8 charges so that modification doesn't do much for PvP.

actually , people with SKILLS or (aware of his/her surroundings) can kill rogues while they're in stealth .
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i am gwf, and i think trs are fine. i think game is pretty balanced to be honest...
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just came out of a PVP round and the PVP in this game is still totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.... as in NOBODY puts any serious effort at Cryptic at PVP balance.

How in the hell is it still possible to one shot from stealth? And do Impact shot for over 50% of my HP from STEALTH?? Hello? Is someone even looking at this? 13k+ Impact shot from stealth at a safe range? Then 3 Impact shots more where there is a great chance the opponent can't do anything to counter it due to stun? AND then immune so it's impossible to do anything against the TR? Are you kidding me?? Is this for real?

It is frick'n clear that Cryptic has very low prio on PVP.

1. No new instances for PVP.
    2. No new rewards.
    3. Still broken classes.
    4. Months between the so called "balancing" releases. Which sucks btw unless you are a TR!

Do you as a TR feel that your class suck? Do you feel you are getting owned? If you have ancient weapons or similar and some enchants? Then you most likely suck at PVP. It is frick’n easy mode with stealth, Impact shot and immunity!! Look at some video of some end game rogue and do the same. It doesn’t matter if this is your first game and you are 7 years old and are facing skilled players. Anyone can own!

The time to play the game from all aspects is long due, Cryptic!
  • belprahbelprah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    Srsly... why the h*** will u compete with the kills of a TR? The main dps class/Single burst damage class would/should probably get the most kills in PvP. Why? since they lack aoe dmg skills, their single dmg encounter skills should be naturally high(that's a simple logic in any mmorpg), therefore they've the highest chances of getting the last hit.
    Why the heck not? Regardless of what class you play, you still have the same achievements in your Journal.

A simple logic (demanded by many players) in any mmorpg is that skill should matter, too, regardless of what class you've chosen. Another simple logic of any mmorpg, or any game in general, is that variety comes at a price. In FPS games, you have a shotgun that deals tons of damage in close combat, but is useless at long range, vice versa for a sniper rifle and middle ground for assault rifles.
    In other words, if a TR is 100% damage oriented, it leaves 0% for survivability. If they are first to score a kill, they should also be the first ones to die in a fight.
    Also, if another class, say X, is 75% damage oriented, it leaves 25% for survivability. So if a TR encounters class X in a 1 on 1 combat, the TR should deal 75% of his damage potential, matching class X's damage output, leaving the outcome of the battle NOT rely on TRs having skills that one-shot people, but on a player's skill and knowledge instead.
    edited August 2013
    Better rogues have 2k+ in deflect and defense. Besides that they become immune to everything every 15th second. 2 ninja rolls with quite good distance. Worst case they can also use a port skill to for instance teleport away from many opponents to a distance opponent as an escape. They also have a very high movement speed. At last, they can enter stealth whenever they need to.

CW’s have a negligee and can make 3 medium distance ports. Oh, and a shield that is semi-worthless at end game PVP. Where is the immune skill?
  • bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited August 2013
    The only two good nerfs they did was stalwart rework and reducing the deflect % on GWFs.Everything else was just a disaster:

The stalwart rework is just a complete fail. LA and Slam got their dps effectiveness reduced by ~ 50%. Stalwart got its effectiveness reduced by 99,99999950%. They didnt even try to balance it but rather removed the bonus entirely.
    edited August 2013
    The stalwart rework is just a complete fail. LA and Slam got their dps effectiveness reduced by ~ 50%. Stalwart got its effectiveness reduced by 99,99999950%. They didnt even try to balance it but rather removed the bonus entirely.
    I agree. It's really bad handled since it means that the GF need to pay up quite a lot to replace the gear.

The correct thing to do is to at least give away free tokens to remove enchants from those who have Stalwart gear since it's a major nerf. Or not nerf that hard.
  • lucifer3205lucifer3205 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if you cant beat a TR then you suck in general lol i have no problem with my cleric killing them in seconds
  • lucifer3205lucifer3205 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and another thing a rogue is an assassin theyre made for damage since they cant defend themselves with anything unlike you CW's who have 3 teleports and another thing is i played every class and still can dominate any rogue at lvl 60 with gwf gf rogue ofc my cleric can one shot them cw even could if you can't beat them clearly they're playing their class right and your simply not
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abacuser wrote: »
    I just came out of a PVP round and the PVP in this game is still totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.... as in NOBODY puts any serious effort at Cryptic at PVP balance.

How in the hell is it still possible to one shot from stealth? And do Impact shot for over 50% of my HP from STEALTH?? Hello? Is someone even looking at this? 13k+ Impact shot from stealth at a safe range? Then 3 Impact shots more where there is a great chance the opponent can't do anything to counter it due to stun? AND then immune so it's impossible to do anything against the TR? Are you kidding me?? Is this for real?

It is frick'n clear that Cryptic has very low prio on PVP.

1. No new instances for PVP.
    2. No new rewards.
    3. Still broken classes.
    4. Months between the so called "balancing" releases. Which sucks btw unless you are a TR!

Do you as a TR feel that your class suck? Do you feel you are getting owned? If you have ancient weapons or similar and some enchants? Then you most likely suck at PVP. It is frickn easy mode with stealth, Impact shot and immunity!! Look at some video of some end game rogue and do the same. It doesn’t matter if this is your first game and you are 7 years old and are facing skilled players. Anyone can own!

The time to play the game from all aspects is long due, Cryptic!

Someone should award abacuser with the #1 fool award. His own thread complaining about TRs contains a video that shows he is simply biased against TRs and needs to improve his skill a little. He fought decently and only was killed once by a TR. He was also killed by a GF by not remaining mobile. It is very easy to hit a target standing still compared to hitting a moving target. He also seems to not of heard about the tenebrous enchantments that allows anyone of any class to do heavy damage and even one shot kills.

On the subject of this thread it is ridiculous. The devs should have lowered LA to 50% instead of 25% and not added teleport if you think the teleport is *buff*. Only a complete fool would cry for more nerfs because every class will be nerfed again in the name of *balance*. Cry babies wanting nerfs are ruining this game.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abacuser wrote: »
    Better rogues have 2k+ in deflect and defense. Besides that they become immune to everything every 15th second. 2 ninja rolls with quite good distance. Worst case they can also use a port skill to for instance teleport away from many opponents to a distance opponent as an escape. They also have a very high movement speed. At last, they can enter stealth whenever they need to.

CW’s have a negligee and can make 3 medium distance ports. Oh, and a shield that is semi-worthless at end game PVP. Where is the immune skill?

Your information about TR's is wrong. They can't port, but most do spec to be able to roll away 3 times. Stealth needs to be specced for of just about any damage takes you out of it.

CW's have multiple skills to take TR's out of stealth and deal with them when they're in stealth. Shield is a fantastic way for CW's to knock back a TR, and if the TR isn't using ItC or has Tactics slotted and Lurker's up it will knock them right out of stealth. CW's who don't play with defense and CC in mind but instead stand in one place trying to DPS everything don't last very long in PvP since it isn't a particularly smart way to play UNLESS you have an excellent team with great communication. Even then you can expect to have far more deaths than a CW who pays some attention to CC and being part of a team.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.